xisto Community
konane

What Firewall Do People Use hi i was wondering what firewall people

What firewall do you use  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow Norton Antivirus Personal Firewall is right behind and I'm suprised that Windows Microsoft Firewall is ahead of the pack. Say aren't there any other firewalls that haven't been mentioned on the voting choice? What about F-Protect and Nortons Antivirus's main competitor (that shield program... darn it forgot its name).

I use Zone Alarm Pro because Kevin Rose recommended it from the old "The Screen Savers." I haven't had any bad experiences with Zone Alarm Pro personally, and I the fact that it's lightweight, reliable, and secure is the reason I use it.I used to use Norton Personal Firewall 2003 Professional until it told me I was being hacked from 127.0.0.1. Haha good times.I haven't seen anyone post this, so I guess I'll do it now. If you have Firefox, go to your address bar, and type "shields up" (with or without quotes...it doesn't matter). Then click Proceed, and click Common Ports at the bottom. If you see a lot of green on the page, that mean whatever firewall you're using is working.For those on IE, go to Google, and type in "shields up", and click "I'm Feeling Lucky". Click Proceed -> Common Ports.

Thanks for the tip on typing "shields up". I figured that my XP would give out quite a lot of information, but I'm using SP2 with the built in firewall, and it didn't allow any information about itslef to be sent. It shockingly passed all the tests perfectly!

umm,i am sorry that i have not used any firewall you listed above.because besides the firewall windows build self i use skynet to protect my pc,maybe we should use firewall according to different area.in my area,some abroad firwall is not able to work to be againt.luckly,skynet is powful to againt any virus and spyware till now.

Hmm.. for firewall i use Outpost Agnitum, which is a GREAT firewall, easy of use and has a very very nice built-in protection.Never but never gave me a problem, so i'm a happy customer. :ph34r:

Well I use Trend Micro Internet Security and it has an inbuilt firewall in it and I am pretty satisfied with it....It gives me almost all the options which one looks for and in a nice, clean and simple interface...what else do you ask for!

After reading the following posts, I have seen one program I use and love, not mentioned: Peer Guardian 2. Now granted, the common use is usually to block anti p2p companies such as the RIAA, and may not be considered a "firewall", but I have seen it block spyware, adaware, and even popups that many of my previous firewalls have missed. Plus, the greatest feature of the new version is that it takes a very small amount of memory and cpu usage. The only problem I have seen is that it is a tad overzealous, but you can fix this by allowing more ip ranges. Just my two cents :ph34r: