xisto Community
dark

Pentium Vs Amd

Aren't things still the same as of late, as far as design goes? AMD still has its on-board cache die advantage but for some reason, Intel is slightly better at multimedia processing?I think that with the ubiquity of Intel, AMD is only around because it is the only competitor. I don't know if there's really enough of a reason to go for one processor brand over the other as of right now since the differences are only noticeable on the benchmark level. Today's CPUs are fast enough that minor differences in performance results are rather negligible, and I hate to sound biased, but the last thing I heard about AMD was their tri-core processors. It would make sense that AMD is the better design (since Intel's computations have to travel back and forth via a pipe to the Northbridge), but myriad benchmarks say otherwise. Anyone care to add some real insight? I've owned both brands and been happy with both... but then again, my beef is with raw clock power and not so much the minute comparisons between the two. And on another note, Intel has the money and the ubiquity to be compatible with third-party programs, support additional features, and power Apple products.

Dear friend I am also an intel consumer. So I can't say much about AMD but my friend is a hardware engineer and he is also sometimes saying that we should prefer AMD for speed and performance. I have used one of his assembled system with AMD and it was really fast and good in performance.

Pentium or AMD?Pentium Vs Amd

Hi to everyone. Soon I am gonna buy a new pc, but I am so much in trouble whether to buy a Intel Pentium or AMD. I am not a master or that good in pc-s, but think Intel Pentium must be better, since it has been made before AMD, hence, more experienced. However, that doesn't mean that AMD is worse. I just wonder how can AMD be both better and cheaper in price than a Pentium! Can someone please tell me in a short clear conclusion which is better, and give some basic details why it is better?I appreciate anyone's answers.

-reply by Besim Maxhuni