xisto Community
Iniyila

Electric Cars are they any good?

If you buy a car then don't buy electric car.The Prius is 26000 and the Ford Mustang is 22000 so choose.It's not all about saving the environment.It's all about pleasure.Someone says that you can recognize a man from the car he is driving.If you are driving Prius i would say that you are geek with sunglasses or a "Eko Buisnisman"If you are driving a Mustang i would say that you are a great man.I am from Macedonia and I haven't seen a lot of exotics in my town but some people have Porsches or Ferraris or something an i know that they are the best men in my country.

yes this is a good solution but only if the time you need to go to a specific destination with public transport is 20 percent more than going to the same destination with your car, when i see i need 100 percent more time to use public transport i never use it. even with many cars in street and huge traffics still i will go to my university in 30 minutes with my car but going there with public transport takes me 75 minutes, so you will waste 45*2 minutes (a movie ) just using the public transport and of course i pay more for that too. so i have to waste my time and my money for what ? some peoples say it is good for me to waste my time and money but i give the bear in the north pole one more second for living but i don't think so, i go with my car and sorry big bear i don't like to loose 90 minutes of my life every day to give you a second because it is not fair.

Jeez... I was talking about city distances, not ones that take 90 minutes with public transport. And the traffic issue can easily be dealt with if the buses are given their own lane on crowded roads. That would mean that personal cars driving on that lane would get a ticket.

Anyway, about public transport costing more, I have to disagree, where (in my case) I'd have to pay more for fuel than pay 44 a month for a public transport ticket (meaning that I can use it for a month on every form of public transport in my city). Me being a student, I get a 50 % discount and I only have to pay 22 . I have to say that because Finland only has 5.4 million residents, the public transport would be cheaper and there would be more public vehicles if there were more residents.

If you are driving a Mustang i would say that you are a great man.I am from Macedonia and I haven't seen a lot of exotics in my town but some people have Porsches or Ferraris or something an i know that they are the best men in my country.

I wouldn't like to say this about anyone's opinion, but that's a very primitive way to think about and judge people.

I wouldn't like to say this about anyone's opinion, but that's a very primitive way to think about and judge people.

well, when i read his comment, i couldn't put my all my thoughts to words. i think yours will have to do....

Well, I can add my two cents to the topic, the idea of an electric car is good, especially in a city, but it's still strange for me..The reason I wouldn't buy an electric car is it's much more expensive and for the models I and some of my friends looked it has no return of investment, with it's cost and use, it's still cheaper for me to buy a simple car and pay a lot for fuel (as fuel/petrol is expensive in Europe) and drive, but maybe after 10 years.. Fuel will cost even more in the future, I guarantee it and I guess it will be worth to invest into something alternative, as it will pay off :)But as it's been said, electric cars aren't developed yet to replace all the cars, I still like the idea of hydro cars, where the car generates energy to move, so maybe in 10 years a lot of what will change? Even though most of good alternatives are bought by people who sell oil :D

I have found that the hybrid cars are somewhat of a good idea but they need to do a lot more improvement for a few critical reasons. First of all the batteries that they make for these cars require an intensive amount of toxic gases to be emitted so is it really helping out that much? Also the repairs these type of cars are outrageous right now because of how expensive those batteries are to replace in the cars. Yes the hybrids may get 40+ mpg but there are several traditional cars out there right now that get 40+ as well. I dont think its worth the money for the car and the effort in making the batteries for the cars in the long run it may not even be helping at all.I do however like the new Chevy Volt. Great idea for a car to cruise around town and run errands. It has a 80 mile run on a fully battery charge and then switches to a very efficient gas motor that will charge the batteries back up and still get you great gas mileage. I just think we should switch to hydrogen in my opinion. Im sure everyone knows that the byproduct of a car that is running on hydrogen is just simply water.