xisto Community
Final)arkJon

Freakin Virus Wont Die!

Holy *BLEEP*... I have these 2 indestructable viruses on my computer. My antivirus CAN NOT delete them, and I have downloaded and used every single reccomended antivirus in the official downloads and links thread... They WILL NOT *BLEEP*ing die...They both came from the same place, and their names follow:aim95.exe virus name= adware.weatherbug.awxbug.exe virus name= adware.weatherbug.a (same)The file locations are both in my AIM folder:aim95.exe location= AIM\aim95.exewxbug.exe location= AIM\Sysfiles\wxbug.exeArgh, I am dying... Does anyone have any idea on how I could possibly remove these viruses? I was considering trying to do it through MSDos before windows starts... Maybe... First I will see if you guys dig anything up...THEY WILL NOT DIE. I CAN NOT DELETE, RENAME, MOVE.... DO ANYTHING TO THEM. Forgive the caps, they were ideal at the moment...Gibe me teh help?

Final)arkJon,Ok, here goes- It looks like you'r dealing with a new variant of the "weatherbug.A" virus. Relax- the good news (according to Symantec) is that it's only an adware bug & usually doesn't cause you puter to die (unless it's been modified). First if you are using Win XP or ME turn OFF the Restore function.Next, you'll probably have to edit the registry keys to disable it before you can delete it (ie. thru Windows or DOS). GoTo https://www.symantec.com/ & type in "Weatherbug" into their search engine to find the page for manual registry editing. MAKE SURE you backup the registry first!!! Then, you should be able to delete it using Windows explorer. If you can't delete it using Windows OR if it deletes & then comes back after you re-boot -THEN it's a "memory resident" type bug (ie. a nasty one). If it's still there after you re-boot, then you'll have to do the registry edit AGAIN & re-delete the bug again. If you can't delete it at all using Windows- then edit the registry first & then GoTo DOS (without re-booting) & get into the directory it's in & then delete the file & path to the bug.If THat fails- then boot into DOS using safe mode & delete the bug first, then delete the path, & then the DIRectory (ONLY if it's completely empty & doesn't contain any of "your stuff" eg. programs etc.).If all else fails- get back to me- there are some Linux tools that will wipe out anything!!Hope this helpsRGPHNXPS-IF YOU BACKED UP THE REGISTRY & then YOU SUCCESSFULLY DELETED THE BUG-THEN BE SURE TO DESTROY THE BACKUP as this still contains the key for the bug and is an invalid registry

Use PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005. For the serial number, just PM me. Enjoy! Or use Lavasfot Ad-Aware Professional Second Edition... To know where to get it, just PM me.

go to my-etrust.com and download the antivirus trial. i'm using the non-trial of the full version, but lemme tell you, E-Trust is the best damn piece of anti-virus software to ever be coded. DL it, install it, run it, problem solved ;)

if nothing else works, reformat [backup important files first, of course]. though if you're adept and comfortable in editing your system registry [which can be risky if you do not know what you are doing], you can easily stop those pesky executables/adwares/malwares/virii. try REG ORGANIZER (search google), and from the Startup Processes tab, you can unload those files from even loading from the very startup of windows. at least that's what i did to get rid of similar stuff in my PC. ;) just beware: know what you are trying to do before editing your registry. a simple mistake, and your windows OS is toasted (and you are forced to reinstall it altogether).

Replying to Final)arkJonListen, they are not viruses. Viruses and Adware are totaly different things. It is just adware. Adware is a potentionally unwanted program that displays numerous pop-ups that sometimes cannot be closed. Adware can be removed with a simple program but in this case, weatherbug is very hard to remove. This is because it is the only program to not be detected on most anti-virus/spyware programs. It is not a virus. Viruses and Adware are two totaly different things. Get it right.-reply by shannon

Try this..

Freakin Virus Wont Die!

Close the weatherbug application.

Then go to control panel.

Go to add/remove programs.

When list comes up chose weaterbug.

And itll uninstall it.

It worked for me, hope it helps.

how to remove the weatherbug pop up notice?Freakin Virus Wont Die!

its really irritating, almost every ten minutes it pops up,enter the zip code that you would like to display for, everytime I enter a zip code, there is another pop up which says this is not a valid zip code try again, I tried a lot of zip codes in cities in U.S. But it doesn't work, I already removed and uninstall the weatherbug program, but the pop up still exist. please help me to get rid of this.. If you have any idea... 

-reply by christopher magtibay