xisto Community
deadmad7

Weird Sickness Thingy

OK, ill just start from the beginning. A loooong time ago, when I was a kid, I got sick very, very bad.... right after I ate these "Hot Cheetos Cheese Flavor" chip things. I was like feeling sick and throwing up every 5 minutes for a week. while i was like that, i smelt the "cheese" flavor in my tongue and throat and everything. Now, everytime i get sick... even if its like a fever or something, my breath or anything that i taste smells like the cheese flavor, only when im sick -- not when i'm normal. I think its because my mind remembers when i was sick along time ago and plays a trick on my senses...I just wanted to know your thoughts on this... and is this even normal???

OK, ill just start from the beginning. A loooong time ago, when I was a kid, I got sick very, very bad.... right after I ate these "Hot Cheetos Cheese Flavor" chip things. I was like feeling sick and throwing up every 5 minutes for a week. while i was like that, i smelt the "cheese" flavor in my tongue and throat and everything.
Now, everytime i get sick... even if its like a fever or something, my breath or anything that i taste smells like the cheese flavor, only when im sick -- not when i'm normal. I think its because my mind remembers when i was sick along time ago and plays a trick on my senses...I just wanted to know your thoughts on this... and is this even normal???

When I get sick, I also 'taste' something strange sometimes. I wouldn't say it reminds me of hot cheetos, but the sensation is really indescribable. I've mentioned it to people and they never seem to understand what I'm talking about it. It could be the same thing as what you're experiencing but you subconsciously identify it with your Hot Cheeto Cheese incident because there's nothing to really compare the taste/smell to. So I guess you're not the only person to experience it. I don't have an explanation though.

LOL, I could copy your message exactly to the word only insert Doctor Pepper for the Hot Cheeto's Cheese flavor chips and our stories would be the same. Yes, certain cases of nausria still make me taste Dr. Pepper! After all these years I still won't touch the stuff. I think I was probably about 4 years old when it happened. So, no, I at least don't think you are weird. Or maybe both of us are weird, that's always a possibility too. :)