xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Misdiagnosed true Indigos

Hello all, I have a million questions as I am a newbie, but I will start with one.Has anyone who is Indigo ever been diagnosed with having Bi-Polar Disorder?I have been, but i refuse to take medication. I am what I am....

Hello all, I have a million questions as I am a newbie, but I will start with one.Has anyone who is Indigo ever been diagnosed with having Bi-Polar Disorder?
I have been, but i refuse to take medication. I am what I am....

Call me stupid, but I don't even know what Indigo is. A child with supernatural powers?

Call me stupid, but I don't even know what Indigo is. A child with supernatural powers?

Well, I'm certainly not going to call you stupid, because I don't have a clue as to what Indigo is either when applyed to a human anyway. I have heard of the Indigo Girls though, they did a really cool song I liked called "Closer To Fine."

Anyway, Maggie, good for you on the not taking drugs. I am not convinced that they help all that much anyway, and odds are if you actually were misdiagnosed, they could really screw you up and possibly destroy your health in some other way. If your happy with yourself, that's cool, more power to you. Who cares what anybody else things anyway?

Well, I'm certainly not going to call you stupid, because I don't have a clue as to what Indigo is either when applyed to a human anyway. I have heard of the Indigo Girls though, they did a really cool song I liked called "Closer To Fine."

Anyway, Maggie, good for you on the not taking drugs. I am not convinced that they help all that much anyway, and odds are if you actually were misdiagnosed, they could really screw you up and possibly destroy your health in some other way. If your happy with yourself, that's cool, more power to you. Who cares what anybody else things anyway?

Although there are no scientific studies to give credibility to the existence of any indigo children, or their traits, the phenomenon appeals to some parents whose children have been diagnosed with learning disabilities and parents seeking to believe that their children are special. This is viewed by skeptics as a way for parents to avoid proper (and generally pharmaceutical) pediatric treatment or a psychiatric diagnosis which implies imperfection.

See also:

Susan W. Whedon suggests in an 2009 article in Nova Religio that the social construction of Indigo Children is a response to an "apparent crisis of American childhood." Whedon explains that the crisis is evident in the increase in "diagnoses of ADD and ADHD in American children", and that "heightened awareness of youth violence" caused parents to "take matters in their own hands." Parents began medicating and diagnosing their offspring as Indigo Children as a means of "redeeming" them for their improper behavior stemming from ADD and ADHD.

Both quotes above come from

en.wikipedia

In My Humble Opinion I do not know if Indigo Children Exsisted before the report in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe but they do now, you see fact has a way of forming in peoples minds and once it has become an accepted thing it is then an accepted fact. Whether it is scientific or not or even factual it becomes a fact in the beliefs of those who have found for themselves the exsistance of Indigo Children to be true.

Now, to the problem I find in the post that I quoted. It is not advisable to give advice as to whether or not one should or should not take perscribed drugs, if you are having a problem with a diagnosis that you feel to be false then you should seek a second opinion or a third one or even a tenth one. Also we don't know the age of Maggie as this could also be a factor in the diagnosis. Bipolar is a tricky diagnosis and can in some cases lead to schizophrenia and other forms of mental illness. Schizophrrenia though is usually not evident in persons under the age of 18 and usually doesent show up until persons are well into their 20's.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Hello all, I have a million questions as I am a newbie, but I will start with one.Has anyone who is Indigo ever been diagnosed with having Bi-Polar Disorder?
I have been, but i refuse to take medication. I am what I am....

The "Indigo Childrens" are called "Children of the Light" or "Millennium Childrens" also. These childrens are very creative, not just in an artistic sense. They have a need to express their energy in many ways. Some therapist use the Ritalin medicine like treatment, but there are some personal therapist which use other methods for these children like letting them to express their energy through music, painting, poetry, etc. The Ritalin is a poor equivalent for a personal therapist.

Maggie, I can understand your reaction, because like an Indigo, you are also a rebbel and everything what is comforting to other people for you is not, but sometimes we should try to look the both side of the penny. Yes, maybe the medicine you've got will be bad for you and your decision is right, but what if that helps you? My two cents would be: talk to your family, try to observe the both side of the medal and bring a decision together or maybe with your family doctor, who could explain to you the negative and positive side of that therapy you've got.

I wish you, good luck...