xisto Community
Eza

The Future Of Knowledgesutra What do the members want?

The future of Xisto

The future depends of the members

Lately there has been some discussion about the present state and the future of the forum of Xisto. And for some weeks the contributions of members to the forum and new posts, new topics and new insights posted on the forum can be considered to be pretty small in size and quantitiy. Does this mean the forum will end soon? Probably not. There are enough signs that indicate how the future of the forum of Xisto will look like.

Monthly posts required

Some members have memberships and websites that require constantly posting in order to keep their website online. Unless and till the members with packages that require constant posting change their website to another free or paid hosting company these members will keep posting.

Growing size of the Internet

The internet is still growing. More and more people get access to the internet. Regions that can be considered more or less poor access the internet too. This can mean that people with a low amount of money and small incomes might get access to the internet too. This means that there might come a growing interest to get a website for free or to get a cheap website. And since Xisto offers free webspace for posting, which costs more or less only time, Xisto and the attached website host might still see some kind of people who like to use the service of a free website earnt by posting and who become members of the forum.

Attractivity

For the forum to stay attractive and to become more attractive some future signals are able to be recognized. Beside the reward of getting credits for posts the members like to enjoy their stay at the forum. A part of the effort that have to be done in order to be able to post and to earn credits is that members need to read other posts. One of the reasons is to see if no other topic is started about the same subject. And if posting is not a nice thing to do it can be expected that internet surfers, who have a lot of different options and different websites to go to and a lot of ways to spend their time with, go away and look at other websits and look for other ways to enjoy themselves on the internet and look for other ways to get a website for free or for a low amount of money and efforts.

Conclusion

So while the offer of a free website after posting a reasonable amount of messages can be seen like one of the main reasons people might like to contribute to the forum the entertainment and the joy of reading posts can be another important reason for members to contribute to the forum.

And if the posts and the topics and the general atmosphere of the forum can be seen and be felt like being positive, interesting, friendly and warm there might be a bright future for the forum of Xisto in the next time to come.

Topic made by Eza.

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

i agree with you eza. i don't know if you are a new member or just an old member with a duplicate account, but you have hit on something that most everyone has been recognizing for a while. especially the members who have been here for 1+ years. you sound more like an old member with a dup account.the ideals are correct, but realistically speaking, there is more to it than that and it's going to take everyone working together and there has to be a plan in place so everyone is on the same page.i also agree that the atmosphere needs to be uplifting and positive for others to want to feel comfortable to post. on the other hand, things have sort of gone down hill so much and over a long period of time, that positive and uplifting atmosphere will be harder to re-create. i believe something drastic needs to change and the admins are unwilling to take drastic measuresi've been meaning to post in the vent about what's been going on and offer solutions. unfortunately, some people will take it negative. sometimes being polite doesn't accomplish anything. sometimes being polite can get you ignored or walked over. sometimes having a soft voice wont get you heard.sorry if i brought a negative tone to a relatively positive and limited topic. for things to be objective, all sides need to be heard. but i did very much like your post and the tone you brought to the topic. i will be posting my more specific views at a later time and in another thread.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

future of knowledgestura.......nice topic..i think the future is bright if the members are excellent and i guess we all arejokes apart..i think it is so boring these days...the chat room is dead and the old topics are revived..no arguments and no words shared... and the admins are too busy in personal life :D :D :D

Edited by chini13 (see edit history)

Posted Image

Thanks for the comment, Miss Chini13!

future of knowledgestura.......nice topic..

i think the future is bright if the members are excellent and i guess we all are

jokes apart..i think it is so boring these days...

the chat room is dead and the old topics are revived..

no arguments and no words shared...

and the admins are too busy in personal life

:D :D :D

Miss Chini13 is right again.

The positive points are that Miss Chini13 is on the forum and that Miss Chini13 is to the forum like the shining sun is to a bright day.

Posted Image

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

The future of KS depends on new members like you (also old ones coming back to trap)... the question is: Will you be here tomorrow, a month from now? or even a year? The chances are slim, unfortunately.

More Members = More Topics = More myCents = Better Site!

the question is: Will you be here tomorrow, a month from now? or even a year? The chances are slim, unfortunately.

So true. My question is what will be future of mycents ? will there be any chance it is going down for good ? for example, last week it was down for 2 -3 days. Now don't give any explanation like too much updates or traffic or post count makes it take some time. There is very rare activity here these days. Mycents goes down discarding our posts just like that. We end up spending a lot of time on this forum than our own site. This results in less time for our site's benefit and more to KS. It feels good or positive to see things going great but they are not in reality. :/

As soon as I read your post I was like, how come a new member has spotted all these points which are so true. Every word you have said is true and this makes me genuinely wonder if you are indeed a brand new memeber or as Anwii says a old member with a dup account.I have been with KS for nearly 5 years now and I am loving the service. As you said the fact the we get MYCENTS for posting is what has kept me here. I have been able to pay for my hosting as renew domains names since I joined the time when they used CREDITS i think where they had a posting system which gave you days of inactivity. Basically I was instead of my cents i think your recieve hours so say you has 3 days in credit I think that was the longest period you could stay away fromt he forums as in not post stuff and your hosting was safe. but if those days expired then so would your hosting. I think it was something like that. I remember we would have to post shed loads for fear of the days running out in an emergency like if you went of holiday or something. It had its good and its bad points and I actually like the MYCENTS system even more because its more reasonable somtimes I can come of line cause of Uni and Work being all to much and I cant come online to forum posting for weeks btu I know my website is safe because I have accumulated enuff to carry on paying for next three or four months and renew wny domain when it expires. I will support KS as long as I can and will hope lots of other people also take this chance for free hosting and domains in exchange for a bit of typing and reading. Its a very fair deal and i think based on the fact that the internet base memebers are increasing on a daily basis I know KS has a long way to before we can even consider its demise.