xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anishmbait

Unable To Install Adobe Photoshop Cs4 Adobe setup has encountered a problem and needs to close

Guys, Please help;I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop CS4 on my system; couldn't see any reason why it stuck with a Windows XP SP2 related error. It were working fine before i just formatted the disk.My system got a configuration of 256GB HDD space and 1 GB RAM and Windows XP SP2I tried with all the possibility like:- Installed SP3 and tried to install, getting the same error within seconds of double clicking the SETUP.exe file.- Tried to install in safe mode- Tried to install in Degubbing mode.- Disabled AVG 9 Antivirus and saw if it blocking the installation- Tried to install from CD as well as copied installation files to HDD and install from there.- Formatted the disk and installed SP2 and again tried- Maximized Pagefile upto 1.5GB:))Please advice guys; or tell the best alternative for PS4 :(post-109644-090539300 1289275641_thumb.jpg

you could check the error report by clicking on click here in the error message window. and you can google the error message appears in there. and if you couldn't try to post it here and see what others can say.

otherwise, i suggest you use ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS3, i don't think there are a huge different between them. and i assure you that it works fine on windows xp sp2. i use it myself long time ago, and everything is working great.

You can use portable editions. But those editions will also work fine under said requirements and i think you'll be forced to upgrade few system thingy which you already did. I guess only thing left to try out for you is portable edition. That edition is likely to work on your current setup. I have no clue from where to obtain the portable edition but you can always google for it. If it fails to work then i suggest sticking up with SP3 for few months in order to get the work done. Hope this helps solve your problem related to adobe photoshop.

The portable editions don't necessarily come with "the guarantee on the box". I tried using Adobe Photoshop CS5 Portable edition because it sounded cool to be able to use Photoshop without having to run the installer - it seemed like a system administrator's dream, except that it didn't quite work like it should. Users haven't been able to run Adobe Acrobat Reader/Professional and Adobe Photoshop Portable at the same time.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if portable editions have updates... and does Photoshop (the regular non-portable one) have any updates apart from the CS3, CS4, CS5, ... version upgrades?

You can use portable editions. But those editions will also work fine under said requirements and i think you'll be forced to upgrade few system thingy which you already did. I guess only thing left to try out for you is portable edition. That edition is likely to work on your current setup.
I have no clue from where to obtain the portable edition but you can always google for it. If it fails to work then i suggest sticking up with SP3 for few months in order to get the work done. Hope this helps solve your problem related to adobe photoshop.