xisto Community
BCD

Sleeping Two Times A Day

From past few days, my sleeping pattern has changed. I stay awake late till around 2 or 3 am every night, then get up at 7 am. To compensate for the lack of sleep, I sleep another 3 hours in the afternoon.

After following through that pattern for a few days, that is, having two equal sleeping times a day, I have noticed one thing. Now, my body has been fixed to this pattern. No matter how hard I try, I can't get to sleep any other time than the (3-6) AM and PM routine. The only way would be to break the pattern by staying awake one afternoon.

It is Interesting...

Well, the interesting thing is, I actually feel better this way. I feel more energetic than before. I feel like I am living two complete days in a single 24 hour period. Nowadays sometimes its not unusual to get up at 6 PM in the evening and go pick my tooth-brush only to realize its evening, and its getting :rolleyes: .

Have you ever tried breaking up your sleeping pattern. I believe many people have a routine of sleeping in the afternoon even if they have their regular 6+ hours sleep every night. Do you feel better after an afternoon sleep?

Edited by BCD (see edit history)

From past few days, my sleeping pattern has changed. I stay awake late till around 2 or 3 am every night, then get up at 7 am. To compensate for the lack of sleep, I sleep another 3 hours in the afternoon.

After following through that pattern for a few days, that is, having two equal sleeping times a day, I have noticed one thing. Now, my body has been fixed to this pattern. No matter how hard I try, I can't get to sleep any other time than the (3-6) AM and PM routine. The only way would be to break the pattern by staying awake one afternoon.

It is Interesting...

Well, the interesting thing is, I actually feel better this way. I feel more energetic than before. I feel like I am living two days in a single day.

Really? Wow. I guess that must be saying something. Maybe it's only because its the way society is structure that we have changed our sleeping patterns to fit society. It's been recommended for us to take one 15 min nap in the middle of the day to refresh ourselves. Even animals nap a lot too... And I'd like to try, but unfortunately school ruins this for me. :P But yeah. Once I get my timetable right, I'm going to try the 15 mins thin.

I think sleeping two times a day will increase the laziness in you. I can tell you that from my experience. I find it really boring and some times get nausea because of over sleeping. I don't find it burden to sleep less but oversleeping is something i hate really these days.

Hey, if it works for you, that's great! As long as your feeling good and have plenty of energy, it shouldn't be a problem. Unless of course, you have a job, or school you have to go to and can't sleep in the afternoons. My sleep cycles get messed up all the time. Sometimes I have to get up early so I can do that for a few days, but after awhile the night owl in me wakes up and no matter how bad I want to I just can't make myself go to bed before one, two or sometimes even 3 am. Mine seems to be tied into cycles of depression too. I'm more inclined to stay up half the freaking night when I'm depressed. Yea, weird I know, you'd think I'd just want to go to bed when I was depressed. I do feel better if I go to bed fairly early, 10 or 11, and get up early, I get more done that way, but I just can't always manage it. And as for naps, Oh, I would love to take naps, and would pretty often except for one thing. I don't wake up well. even if it's just after a nap of an hour or 2, or after sleeping all night, I always feel like crap when I wake up, and it seems to take forever to get going. So if I take a nap, I have to go threw that groggy yucky feeling of being half asleep twice in one day, and that's just more than I can handle, so I have to be really really tired before I will take an afternoon nap. And of course, when I do take one, then it makes it that much harder to go to bed early.

i never sleep two times a day, i think the best thing is too sleep once a day but enough. somedays i never sleep at night and i sleep in day for 8 hours. our body needs a regular type of sleeping, but when you can not sleep enough in night so sleeping in day for compensating lack of sleep is better than not sleeping. if i be awake till 2-3am i will not sleep till the morning and i will sleep in day.my brother is sleeping two times a day and he haven't got any trouble with this method till now, so i think only duration of total sleeping is important and when you sleep is not so important.

It is Interesting...

Well, the interesting thing is, I actually feel better this way. I feel more energetic than before. I feel like I am living two complete days in a single 24 hour period. Nowadays sometimes its not unusual to get up at 6 PM in the evening and go pick my tooth-brush only to realize its evening, and its getting :rolleyes: .

Have you ever tried breaking up your sleeping pattern. I believe many people have a routine of sleeping in the afternoon even if they have their regular 6+ hours sleep every night. Do you feel better after an afternoon sleep?

Well, no, actually I feel worst after an afternoons sleep. I always get headaches, my breath smells, I don't get that hungry, and I stay up late like you.

I don't really concentrate on my sleeping pattern, I just sleep at night, and wake up in the morining. Simple.

If you want to break your sleeping pattern, try staying awake until 5am and wake up at about 8 am.

Then DO NOT sleep in the AFTERNOON.

This works for me when I start sleeping in the daytime.

My brother always does this :P