xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wszone

The End of Sugar Low crab sweetener

Not sure whether any of you had heard about Stevia.Just heard about it recently from a Japanese news network.Japaneses called the plant, su-te-bia. The extract of the plantis 300 times sweeter than sugar. Japaneses said there is nocrab and good for health. Many companies there replace sugarwith it. Wonder when trend will come to US.

dont know about it..... it would be very good if there comes something like that to india, because it is in India that there are more number of fat people like me... he he! anyway, this damn sugar is one of the major reason for my over weight. i used to like sugar a lot and used to put a lot of sugar in almost all the food i eat. it has spoilt my health. hope there comes a problem for this!

300 times sweeter than sugar?Keep that stuff away from the States... I can already imagine our preteens and teens finding ways on "abusing" this.How funny would that be to see an entire high school on a sugar high for a day? :)

Well, everybody knows that sugar excites... so something 300 times more powerful, I think if that started to sell around the world many countries would calificate it as a drug, because I think with such concentration of "sugar" you must be really high.Well, could be funny to be high on sugar. :P And no crabs! at last! hehe

crabs was funny. and no wonder in 300 times sweet substance... many substances exist which r even more sweet but r not edible.and one important thing to look out will be 'asparteme'its a dangerous chemical present in most artificial sweetners now and is harmful for brain and nerves.but japanese scientists might have done that bit of study.

Funny crabs :) ...sorry for laughing mate, but it's funnyEastern Europeans use stevia and other plants like orache for making...borsch. It indeed is sweet and I guess a stevia extract would be even sweeter, but I'm not sure it could be sweeter than sugar. I suggest using honey instead of sugar, it's sweet too but a bit healthier.

Uff, it sounds horrible! 300 times sweeter than sugar? That is very sweet. I hope this product never, ever reach my country - or anywhere really. I have always thought nothing was sweeter then sugar, sugar = sweet for me. :) When I think about sweet things, I think about sugar. But anyway: Is it made with chemistry? If it is a natural plant, that's more okay.