xisto Community
deadmad7

What Do You Want From Knowledgesutra?

Perhaps all these "changes" in the forum aren't a bad thing after all, and could do us something good. I made this thread to practically "showcase" what EVERY member WANTS from Xisto -- what they expect. Mainly something to show other users and the Admins and Moderators. Something the forum has to "live up to". We can share our ideas in what "direction" Xisto should move in, "what should it do now"? and maybe the Admin's could even take some ideas from here.

What I except from Xisto- is a clean forum, with a lot of users and new threads to post in. I don't need any fancy theme (but it sure is appreciated) nor any features, just some plain old people. Next up is ACTIVE, friendly and dedicated Admins. They are the core of it all. Apparently, we don't get much of that around here. Third, the ideas of the members have to be appreciated, even if it isn?t going to be implemented, a comment will be nice. The other things I think it needs are common things that I don?t need to explain like spam-free, working shoutbox,etc.

I hope everyone will share their ideas...

this a great idea deadmad, and i support this topic fully. now, what i expect from this forum or what i want from Xisto. hmmm, the fact a lot :), i want this forum to be alive forever, i want old members to still active and get more new members who have the same mentality,willing to get knowledge and share it with others just like the most members here are doing. and all that because this place is my own virtual world where i can express my ideas and opinions with others, help many people and give them hope, learn more about everything in the big world or internet. here it is really like a big school but we are the teachers ourselves and even more, we have the option to learn what we need. and above all this, we are having fun here talking and learning everyday, and i have my own friends in this forum too who i appreciate them, respect them and willing to be in touch wit them. as i said before, at first, i came here only to get a free hosting for my site. but later things changed, now i have a million reason to come here. and i hope this forum be up forever, to inspire other people's life just like it inspired me.

1. It came to my attention that higher post count members get less mycent. Why this is so ? is it something that for avoiding spam ? or it is for asking members to leave ? or is it that they are not useful anymore ? Play fair. Keep mycent amount same for all. 2. Mycent earning is going way to low. All the stuff that was mentioned in mycent 3.0 was not true at all. Linking to wikipedia, wisdom point etc. It is not raising any mycent value to users.3. I have no issues with admins. Just keep the place upadted with mods or new design, logo whatever. And please don't alter value of mycent to memebrs. Play fair and keep all members mycent value same. Just because member reached 2k or 10k post count don't add rule of low mycents. Anyway, i'm restricting my expectations to only mycents, i did my part in community and got tired with internal BS so i just expect mycent in proper functioning without any low mycent or other issues. Thanks for reading admins. ciao.

:/I agree with mahesh2k Totally. I don't think its fair that old members get less mycents, as old members have contributed to so much more than the new members, and that is what turned many off Xisto in the first place (now called Xisto). I don't mind if you make the average mycents rate less, but not as less as this, because that just means that you are turning loyal members off, or encouraging them to make new accounts, or something else, etc etc etc)AND if that happened, as in, if you changed the system, then what web_designer wants would be achieved, because the members that ARE getting turned off by this would stay, like... someone else who's name I forgot. :/ I'm sorry. But it did happen, and after a while, I can see Xisto keeping their old members, as well as getting new members that would stay loyal after a while.I believe that the mycents issue is what made the forums rather dead after a period of time when members were looking for another place to host their site and not this one, as after a while, its just biased against old members, and its just way too hard to keep your sites / domains running after a while.See... if getting mycents was as easy as the new members, or the nearly new members, I would so use my hosting service here, and maybe even pay for it after a while. But since I know that my posting ability and posting time availability isn't as good any more, it just turns me off from using knowledge sutras services, apart from the domain buying, and it would be impposible for me to even use it.Unfortunately... have you ever noticed? This is the very topic that administrators (that is, Opaque and BuffaloHelp) always ignore... so... whats the point of having this topic if the admins don't even want to listen to us?:/Sorry for the rant. I thought that they would've already eradicated the old system and hence the new change of Xisto, but I guess I was wrong. :/ Maybe its all there is to the new change? Like... so that old/new members would be fooled into thinking that this is something new and something more fair?I don't know. :/ But I can see the no matter how much I post, its still very hard for me to keep up to the funds if I had a lot of websites. But yeah. What IS the point of having this topic if the admins don't even want to listen to us?

I agree with mahesh2k Totally.

I don't think its fair that old members get less mycents, as old members have contributed to so much more than the new members, and that is what turned many off Xisto in the first place (now called Xisto).

I don't mind if you make the average mycents rate less, but not as less as this, because that just means that you are turning loyal members off, or encouraging them to make new accounts, or something else, etc etc etc)

AND if that happened, as in, if you changed the system, then what web_designer wants would be achieved, because the members that ARE getting turned off by this would stay, like... someone else who's name I forgot. :/ I'm sorry. But it did happen, and after a while, I can see Xisto keeping their old members, as well as getting new members that would stay loyal after a while.

We actually don't know whether the lower mycent rate for member with more posts has been implemented, or if it ever will. OpaQue said that he will but he never said that he DID it. Maybe it was forgotten like the wikipedia links and more mycents for people with wisdom points. Maybe an Admin can clear this issue?

Unfortunately... have you ever noticed? This is the very topic that administrators (that is, Opaque and BuffaloHelp) always ignore... so... whats the point of having this topic if the admins don't even want to listen to us?

But yeah. What IS the point of having this topic if the admins don't even want to listen to us?

True, you are absolutely correct. But that's only because all these issues were scrambled over many threads, like the trapper thread, the mycent thread, the logo thread, the knowledgestura update thread,etc. I hope they will listen if we bundle over issues in one thread. But really, its their job to do so :)

well to clear the issue of mycent. i must say that i am the one who told mahesh that the old member may get lower mycent rate than the newer, because i remember reading this from one of the old members before in a topic. BUT is that member is correct with his assumption?? i am not sure. is this whole thing been confirmed from administrator ?? we don't know yet. it is all was an explanation i gave it to mahesh and i hope he pm some of old members or mods here and ask them about it. for me i must say that i' m still getting mycent as a good average. never get less than 1$ only when i don't post anything :D then i get 0$.

Unfortunately... have you ever noticed? This is the very topic that administrators (that is, Opaque and BuffaloHelp) always ignore... so... whats the point of having this topic if the admins don't even want to listen to us?

Exactly. Forum is close to dead and i see no point in keeping on topic discussions either. I need mycents for further payments and without tangent discussion i see no way of getting there. Look at the system not even updated for me in 2 days. maybe for others it is. script is supposed to run 1 day alternate. anyway, what's the point in keeping expectation. :/ leave it. just post on topics and have fun.

Exactly. Forum is close to dead and i see no point in keeping on topic discussions either. I need mycents for further payments and without tangent discussion i see no way of getting there. Look at the system not even updated for me in 2 days. maybe for others it is. script is supposed to run 1 day alternate. anyway, what's the point in keeping expectation. :/ leave it. just post on topics and have fun.

Hmm... I remember reading that the mycent script was supposed to run every 24 hours, and then after that the time is going to be slowly reduced to a few hours or something. I think i get mycents everyday... I average about .30 cents for each post ($1 USD, myCENTS: 21.02 - 4 posts), at the last update for me, which was on the 7th. It's pretty normal for me, except for the update time.

When did you guys get your last update?

Hmm... I remember reading that the mycent script was supposed to run every 24 hours, and then after that the time is going to be slowly reduced to a few hours or something. I think i get mycents everyday... I average about .30 cents for each post ($1 USD, myCENTS: 21.02 - 4 posts), at the last update for me, which was on the 7th. It's pretty normal for me, except for the update time.
When did you guys get your last update?

24 hours ? never had it that way. It was always alternate day ever since it is started for me. I'm even getting 8 cents or 9 cents per post. I have posted more than 20 posts so far which you can even see in last few days in my activity. I am not even bothered to count the mycents here because it will be something like 1$credited -0.40mycents in profile and post count 16-18.Thank you. cha ching. My last update was on Thursday night. So it was supposed to update on saturday and right it is 1:14 am sunday here in india.

Well... I don't think Opaque would tell us if he did implement the old members = less mycents and new members = more mycents system, because that would just turn us off. And after reading deadmad7's post and mahesh2k's post, maybe its safe to assume that this is implemented? As we can clearly see that mahesh2K has way way more posts than deadmad7's.
It used to update like... every 24 hours for me, but it hasn't updated yet and its been two days. :/ But then... I can't really tell as I've just come back. So yeah... but I probably will when I've been here for a few more days.

mahesh2k

anyway, what's the point in keeping expectation. :/ leave it. just post on topics and have fun.

How can we have fun if the forums dead? :/ It's funny how loyal we are. :P Or maybe its just because of the mycents thing, because if it was up to other forums... all the members would've left for a better one. That's what I think anyway, unless the members been there for a few years.

How can we have fun if the forums dead? :/ It's funny how loyal we are. :P Or maybe its just because of the mycents thing, because if it was up to other forums... all the members would've left for a better one. That's what I think anyway, unless the members been there for a few years.

I'm here for 5 years out of which i guess i posted more than 500-600 posts without mycent or credit in expectation because i was in Xisto - Web Hosting paid plan. Seen many debates, personal attacks, newbie chasing etc etc. i realized that i'm spending less time on my own sites and more on others like this and it is not even rewarding me with mycents. so no point in thinking like community and old member. Just want to get the mycent here and spend the rest of time on my sites. As i know you so i suggest you to do the same. It's almost 10th month of this year and forum is still having issue. so why bother ? just get the mycent and get back to life.

That might be true... But I don't really understand why you would want to be in computing hosts paid plan though, as Xisto - Web Hosting isn't exactly the best paid host out there, but anyways. I guess you might've reduced the costs by the mycents system too. :P So... now posting on Xisto is more of a chore than fun? That just makes it sound so bad. :(Yeah, I agree about spending time on other sites but not your own though. Which is why I'm back here now to get back into websites and stuff and learn programming for future use.Unless Opaque starts doing something... I think thats what Xisto will become: a place of work... for reward, and not a place for fun and enjoyment. Which really sucks. :(

That might be true... But I don't really understand why you would want to be in computing hosts paid plan though, as Xisto - Web Hosting isn't exactly the best paid host out there, but anyways. I guess you might've reduced the costs by the mycents system too. :P So... now posting on Xisto is more of a chore than fun? That just makes it sound so bad. :(
Yeah, I agree about spending time on other sites but not your own though. Which is why I'm back here now to get back into websites and stuff and learn programming for future use.

Unless Opaque starts doing something... I think thats what Xisto will become: a place of work... for reward, and not a place for fun and enjoyment. Which really sucks. :(

That's true i'm using mycent to reduce the burden of my pocket. I have 2 of my sites covered upto 2011 but after that i have to rely on mycents from now on or have to pay. I can't jump to other hosts unless i get 200+$ to host and that is why i'm here. leaving that point aside i need mycent or real money to keep rest of the domains and hosting alive. I hope you can guess my situation. He didnt anounced that mycents will be low from now. he only said it will be easier which is lie as per our current results. anyway, leave that crying stuff aside. are going to buy hosting from here ? or you are planning something else ?