xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
callcenters01

Call Center Outsourcing

It depends. If you are earning enough from your source and want to streamline customer support then sure outsource it. But depending on your customer support scale this will vary. Philipines and brazil are into this more than asians so take a look at those call center.

There is absolutly nothing that annoys me more than calling for tech support, or to book a puppy flight, or see about a bill or what ever, and get someone who barely speaks english that I have to constantly ask them to repeat themselves, and then I still can't figure out what the heck they are saying. So, my opinion on this subject is NO!

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

There is absolutly nothing that annoys me more than calling for tech support, or to book a puppy flight, or see about a bill or what ever, and get someone who barely speaks english that I have to constantly ask them to repeat themselves, and then I still can't figure out what the heck they are saying. So, my opinion on this subject is NO!

Your this opinion has nothing to do with business. Think about it how much money it costs to put call center in US ? or even pay 1-2 people in US. I agree that not all outsourced countries have staff who understands US English. Many terms that are common in texas, NJ and other parts of US are not known to people who learn queen's English to communicate you. Indians at least know how to communicate over technical support. It may be your experience but i see there is rise in call center business everyday. Nobody gives contract to people who charge more than call center company. Quality ? yes that will be issue but it can be addressed.

There is absolutly nothing that annoys me more than calling for tech support, or to book a puppy flight, or see about a bill or what ever, and get someone who barely speaks english that I have to constantly ask them to repeat themselves, and then I still can't figure out what the heck they are saying.

I experience something similar, though I am from Philippines.. Some of my tech support was being answered by Indians or by Americans. Indians are polite but there was a good number of them that have a hard time pronouncing letters or words. This annoy me but the Indian guy on the other end was way eager to spell them using words for me to understand what they are telling me.

Fire - Loop - Open - Open - Pan/Pen - Yarn : this is one of the most common things I hear from them, this improves as days progress and talking to them starts to be easier.

For Americans who answers calls, they are not always polite and I can even hear that the operator/support staff was complaining at the background. Yes they can speak in a manner that I can easily pick up but I don't like the attitude that they are giving most of the time.

Majority of phone support I get was being served at my country and I can mostly convince them to talk using our own language, majority of them speaks fluent English unlike the Indians who still have a larger group of people who can't pronounce well. Comparing Philippines call center agents to Indians, the Indians are still more polite and helpful to the point that they are suggesting other items to check since they are commonly asked in connection to the support that I am seeking.

The things above are only for calls of technical support like defective hardware, software conflicts or online services that gone wrong.

NOTE: I think it is kind of funny, when an Indian person was doing support via chat, on each error that I made like providing the wrong info or sending the wrong mail was a sorry response from the guy on the other end as if he/she was the one who have done the error.
Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

why this will really works for you. In these days most of the companies usually go for the outsourcing for third parties from developing countries like from India , Pakistan , Philippine and so on. So try it wasting your time any time.