xisto Community
Adell

Affiliating With Knowledge Sutra Is affiliating possible?

I've been browsing the forum and all that, when under Entertainment I see the words 'Naruto Forum & Game' and I immediately clicked it because I am a Naruto fan, so I was curious as to why Naruto has its own category. Turns out, it's not a category but a link to an entirely different forum.So, bells were ringing in my mind and I asked myself if Xisto affiliated with other sites?So, I want to ask how and what are the requirements to be affiliated with Xisto?I know it's somewhat ironic when I hate people who advertise, but affiliating is a totally different thing. Advertising is parasitic, but affiliating is a mutual give and take relationship, so I am interested in affiliating with Xisto.

I think there should be category for anime in general. Creating another sub category for anime titles can create a lot of navigational junk. But i think opaque should create anime category in section where our post count and mycents are on mode. I don't think opque will be open to any link-exchange or banners though, if that is what you mean by affiliate. On the other hand you can be affiliate of Xisto - Web Hosting and get referral bonus to per referral purchase.

I think there should be category for anime in general. Creating another sub category for anime titles can create a lot of navigational junk. But i think opaque should create anime category in section where our post count and mycents are on mode.

Ha, I'll love it if their is an Anime section with mycents, thats a goldmine. I have a way that you can avoid the "navigational junk" by having an a section like this -

-Anime/Manga Section

--Anime Discussion

---Major Anime 1 --Major Anime 2 --Major Anime 3 --Other Anime

--Manga Discussion

---Major Manga 1 --Major Manga 2 --Major Manga 3 --Other Manga

--Cosplay/Roleplay

This will be a pretty good section and we could add more if we want.

I've been browsing the forum and all that, when under Entertainment I see the words 'Naruto Forum & Game' and I immediately clicked it because I am a Naruto fan, so I was curious as to why Naruto has its own category. Turns out, it's not a category but a link to an entirely different forum.

you are one of a few who catch this. your correct. it is a redirect to "the ninja forum" which is a pretty active forum. if you take a closer look, you will notice that Xisto has it's own category in the form and is a direct link to the forum you see here. i talked to opaque about it a while back but i forget what happened specifically. i think the owner of the ninja forum put this forum on his site as a category without telling opaque. when opaque discovered he did this, opaque did the same in return. we get a lot of visitors from that forum believe it or not. i think opaque also mentioned that he is friends with the owner of that forum. it was an intresting story when he was talking about it with me. unfortunately, i forgot most of it haha

mahesh 2k is incorrect though. opaque IS affiliated with not only this site, but with a select few member sites on Xisto's main page. there are screen shots of members websites with a link that when you click on the screen shot, it will take you directly to the members page. opaque never asked for a link exchange or requested a link back from the members who are on his main page. i however had a link to the old Xisto before my website got posted on his main page. i think mahesh has over looked this part of Xisto so i hope i refreshed his memory a little bit.

how do you get your website on the main page? there is a thread floating around where members were requested to upload a screenshot and post the link to their webpage. ost people who did this, got their site submitted on the main page of Xisto. this is how you would go about affiliating yourself and your site with Xisto if you are interested. i don't have the link to the thread off hand, but it shouldn't be hard to find since there are only 2-3 categories it would have originally been posted in. seek and ye shall find.

if you want to see what i am talking about, go to Xisto.com, wait for the annoying flash to load, enter the site, and look at the bottom o the main page. there you will find about 7 screen shots of members' sites.

doing this wont hurt your site. i have recieved some visits from his page by adding my site but most of my site visitors that come from Xisto are from my forum posts which has my signature. nothing beats a a signature on a popular forum. now you might be saying that you don't see this forum as that popular because there are not that many posts in a day to dictate that this forum is popular. this is where you are wrong since there are a TON of guests who visit every day through search engines. they don't post. they don't sign up as members. they are just looking for information. thus....the appropriate name change from Xisto, to Xisto.

also, at one time we had the option of being affiliated with Xisto through profit sharing with thanks to kontera and the ads you will see on the forums when you are NOT logged in. ever since we switched to the newer version of the forum software, the code for profit sharing here was never added back. which in my opinion is ok since i would rather see some of the profits go to keep webhosting low through mycents.

mahesh 2k is incorrect though. opaque IS affiliated with not only this site, but with a select few member sites on Xisto's main page. there are screen shots of members websites with a link that when you click on the screen shot, it will take you directly to the members page. opaque never asked for a link exchange or requested a link back from the members who are on his main page. i however had a link to the old Xisto before my website got posted on his main page. i think mahesh has over looked this part of Xisto so i hope i refreshed his memory a little bit.

:D So true. Yeah front page which is i'm avoiding as much as possible. In fact i'm using Xisto.com/forums every time i come here. So you are right that front page is i so hate. :P Yes opaque explained about it -member site in front page. I thought OP was talking about the link/banner affiliation on forum. Just like most anime forums or clan forums share on their forums. i was not clear about this type of affiliation on KS.

Thanks for the replies guys, but I can't seem to find the thing anwii is talking about.And yes, affiliating is (I guess) similar to banner exchange or link exchange.