xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Issues With Sql/ftp

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone else has been having issues with their FTP or SQL lately.To elaborate a little:When uploading files I get kicked off the FTP every 50-60 files (to upload 6k files, for phpBB, for example, can take as much as an hour due to all the disconnections. When using the online file manager it's not an issue -- the one through cPanel).As for the SQL, I'm working right now on adding stuff to my site and for some reason I keep getting the "cannot connect to SQL server" error. If I wait a few mins after getting that it works again, then dies a few minutes later. I haven't had any issues with this part in the past though.So I guess what I'm asking is do any of you guys experience this? If you did in the past and somehow resolved it, could you please shed some light for a newbie?Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone else has been having issues with their FTP or SQL lately.
To elaborate a little:

When uploading files I get kicked off the FTP every 50-60 files (to upload 6k files, for phpBB, for example, can take as much as an hour due to all the disconnections. When using the online file manager it's not an issue -- the one through cPanel).

As for the SQL, I'm working right now on adding stuff to my site and for some reason I keep getting the "cannot connect to SQL server" error. If I wait a few mins after getting that it works again, then dies a few minutes later. I haven't had any issues with this part in the past though.

So I guess what I'm asking is do any of you guys experience this? If you did in the past and somehow resolved it, could you please shed some light for a newbie?

Thanks!

I always experience that while using FTP like Firezilla... it could be that Xisto - Web Hosting's servers or slow or something like that. Just ZIP the file and upload it via cPanel File Manager. And then extract it from there. It's also easy to set permissions this way too.

How do you unzip using cPanel? I know how to do the uploading but I thought you need SSH access to run things like unzipping.

LOL, I do it everyday... Go to the File Manager (not legacy one) and navigate to the ZIP file (I tried Rar, it didn't work) and select it and on the there is a Extract button, click it. Enter the path and click ok. It should be done now... It's ultra fast too, can do any unzipping in Andes
Seconds.

BTW - I dont think I have ssh access, I never selected the special options...

How do you unzip using cPanel? I know how to do the uploading but I thought you need SSH access to run things like unzipping.

For the legacy file managers you can click on link (not folder icon) then in right hand side frame there is one link for extract. Clicking that link will extract the contents of zip or tar archives.

For non-legacy file manager, deadmad7 explained it in earlier reply. Though with nonlegacy file manager you can view the icon for zip extract easily.

Wow, interesting that I never realized that before. I've been having to use the legacy one though as modifications to files that are made from other files (such as forums) aren't editable from the regular file manager and only from the legacy one.Thanks for the help though. That will save a LOT of time in the future!