xisto Community
wasi

Quitting School... did you quit school?

School doesnt teach you anything some people may like to be webdeveloper or webdesign (Talk about myself by the way) .I did drop out and glad i dropped out school wasnt useful didnt teach me anything apart from useful stuff that repeats which is only english & Maths.For me that they had a webdesign/webdevelopment course in the year 13 class of ICT. i had my career picked out several years ago like when i was like back in primary school.If you want a boring job like being a doctor do it but if you want a fun job do somthing you real love(not sitting on your *bottom* doing what you like unless your put google adsense on your website lol).Do somthing fun with your life.

Everybody should go to school. It is for your future, yourself, for everybody, for the future of the world. NOBODY QUIT. It may be awful sometimes, but you really should. Shame if you quit. That's like you're admitting you're defeated, like your'e just backing out, giving up. And that's horrible. Feel proud when you graduate. Like you accomplished something, because you did.

School doesnt teach you anything some people may like to be webdeveloper or webdesign (Talk about myself by the way) .I did drop out and glad i dropped out school wasnt useful didnt teach me anything apart from useful stuff that repeats which is only english & Maths.
For me that they had a webdesign/webdevelopment course in the year 13 class of ICT. i had my career picked out several years ago like when i was like back in primary school.

If you want a boring job like being a doctor do it but if you want a fun job do somthing you real love(not sitting on your *bottom* doing what you like unless your put google adsense on your website lol).

Do somthing fun with your life.

Well I can definetly see what you mean but... read my post.

let me tell you its a very good decision to go back.let me tell u one thing "Education Has No Limit" it means that with life education goes on and their is no particular age to study a person can study at any stage of life. What you shoul do is to pick up and area of intrest and study that.you can also go into the field of computer hardware ect.

I suggest that you go and take your GED because you will need for your jobs and careers then after that go get some traning or help to catch up on the stuff that you missed from middle school and high school and go to a college and enroll for something that you like , it dosen't have to be a good college but just somewhere where you can go.

School doesnt teach you anything some people may like to be webdeveloper or webdesign (Talk about myself by the way) .I did drop out and glad i dropped out school wasnt useful didnt teach me anything apart from useful stuff that repeats which is only english & Maths.
For me that they had a webdesign/webdevelopment course in the year 13 class of ICT. i had my career picked out several years ago like when i was like back in primary school.

If you want a boring job like being a doctor do it but if you want a fun job do somthing you real love(not sitting on your *bottom* doing what you like unless your put google adsense on your website lol).

Do somthing fun with your life.

To be a good web designer, especially if you want to create truly web standard fluid designs, use scripting language like Javascript and PHP, or use Java and/or flash, you will need to know math and or computer science to be proficient and good at creating them, and that is taught in school - with the last class I mentioned a college course.

If you want a boring job like being a doctor do it but if you want a fun job do somthing you real love...

Different strokes for different folks. Some people may think the medical field is interesting(it's certainly a high paying field to be in), just as you find web designing interesting. I'm sure a doctor would think your job would be boring.
Really, if you want to get anywhere in life, you're going to need a high school education and college degree at the least. Most jobs out there aren't going to accept you if you dont' even finish high school. Of course, if you want to do an honest, but low paying but needed "manual labor" job in a field like a cash register operator or factory working, you probably won't need a high school education. If your a farmer, you'll need to know your math as well, though I'm sure family farms would have the run-down pretty much given to them as they grow, even though I'm sure that some farmers would rely on the schooling system to teach what they need to know.

I am in england and we can home school our children here, all my children have attended school, but my daughter who is now 15, refuses to go to school, and after realising no matter what any one does wont make a difference to this, so i started to home school her, u don't have to follow the school curriculum, just as long as u r teaching them something. So for her am brushing up on her English n maths, she is already computer efficient so adding to that by teaching her things like web site deign power point etc.she wants to do child care when older, so doing child psychology, a 1st aid course, anatomy and physiology, an addiction course, brushing up on her cooking skills and aerobics with her too. She is enjoying this a lot more, and learning a lot more than if she went to regular school..and i am learning new things too Caz

That's weird, your really not allowed to quit, or drop out of school until you are 16 (with parents release), or 18, when you become an adult. If you stopped going to my school you would be tracked down by the district and given disciplinary action (Juvenile court). Bu if you dropped out in 5th grade it will be really hard for you to gain all the knowledge to get GED certification, it could take a while, and a lot of effort. If you do decide to attempt this feat, Good Luck! And if you did manage to get a GED that would really better how your life will outcome.

wasi, a GED is the equivalent of a high school diploma, I would recomend getting it, if you live in america you will recevie 500 bucks if you pass it for a start to college.

500 bucks??

Sounds like freebies for the uneducated... :D

Do you need a GED for the 500 bucks? I don't get this... :o

--

you know what scratch that

I don't think skipping the "Best darn tootin 4 years of your life" would be a good investment. I mean this girl makes 200k off her website every year but she's still a senior in high school with a 3.00 GPA :D I think I would still be in school if I had the choice to skip four years!
Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

Dropping out.

Quitting School...

No, you can only drop out or take the GED, at the age of 16 or higher, in some rare cases the governments will let some kids, if the collage is willing to drop out of middle school, or higher school under the age of 16, to join a collage.

No people don't think that highschool "drop outs" are dumb, unless you have no GED, or you have a bad GPA... As long as you make at least a 2.5 GPA or higher your fine, that's a C+ average...

And I dropped out of highschool because it had no purpous, I was to educated for the fools they serve, I took the GED and got highered by Microsoft as a c++ computer programmer, didn't even go to collage, and I make more than most adults in this world, about 71.5 $ per hour, 40 hours a week, that's when you start out, right now I'm making a paycheck of 144$ per hour.

Also if I make a game and people like it, I'm a millionare.

-reply by Boomer

Wasi, you seem like a very smart person. The way you type is already more intelligent than 80% of the Internet.I would highly recommend getting your GED. It's never too late to do it, and you'll feel more confident as you go. Sooner or later, you'll find that you basically didn't miss anything at all.

45 year old drop out.Quitting School...

Listen you guys, this is important. I googled dropping out of school for a whim and got this site. I dropped out of school when I was about 2months from graduating. I am now 45 years old. So let me tell you a few things from and old timer. I was very good in school. I liked to party and hang out with friends though.  So that became more important. I now have four children. Their ages are from 25 to 8 years. Both the older children dropped out too. What could I say? I have a job. It pays me minimum wage, about $6.50 an hour. I don't have any insurance so theres alot of medical issues that I can't go to the doctor for. Some of them might be life threatening. But, I'm lucky I guess cuz I can't go to the doctor and find out. I have no dental insurance so when I have a toothache I just hope it goes away. If it doesn't, it costs me about $250.00 to go to dentist. That takes me a couple weeks to save up for. Ever have a toothache yet? Sorry to wander on and on, but look, you kids need to stay in school, as bad as it may seem, because you can't fix it later guys. Remember me when you're 45 and have an abcessed tooth, you'll wish you listened then.

-reply by melissa

I quit school. It's not something I'm exactly proud of, but I'm not ashamed of it either. Sometimes circumstances and life just get in the way of what we want to do. I'm currently in the process of acquiring my GED. A lot of people told me that I was too smart to not go after my GED, and I realize that it's essential if I want to get anywhere in life. I want to attend college someday so obviously I need the GED for that. I would never encourage someone to quit school unless there was something major going on in their life that warranted it. I don't regret dropping out but that is just because of my personal circumstances. Had things been different, I probably would have stayed in school. I had a lot of beefs with my school, and there were a lot of things going on in my life that made school very difficult to keep up with and just deal with in general. I would encourage anyone though to stick it out as long as they possibly can.

Leaving the school is regular in my country. The students leave the school because they said there are no money to go on. But by experience I know today that this is only an excuse to justify their frustation because there is not money to study but there are to buy beers and get drunk three times a week. I think there isn?t anything wrong in leaving the school if you have study or aren?t interested in a proffession.But you have to work then. I have a friend who left the school two years ago. He was all day browsing in the internet, downloading movies, in others words doing nothing. I tried to gave him some useful tips to superate his conduct. But he is in the same work until today: playing gamecube, browsing internet, watching T.V. all day.So what I am trying to say is that you can quit the school but with a purpose because the "lazy life" can trap you if you are not ready.But I want to tell to everybody that the school is one of the best things in the world. DONT QUIT TO THE SCHOOL!

not a drop outQuitting School...

I'm ending my junior year by getting my GED so I can go to college early. I have a 4.0 and am currently at a college prep school and taking 5 AP classas. I'm not dropping out, my school just doesn't allow me to graduate early. This is the only option I really have but I'm still going to make the most of it.