xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

New Ipb Theme!

So what do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Graphics, Concept, and Design are a 100% original production of me.

I will release this skin on all IPB skinning websites as soon as I add some finishing touches.

As for now I just want to know what You think ;)

great theme soviet, it has its own charm. i really like it :) . but i think it needs more colors here and there, just a little. especially in the header. because it looks so dark right now. other than that, you did a great job. good luck.

I like the generally idea of a "dark" IPB theme... but the design looks kind of un-original. I have seen literally hundreds of forum themes which look pretty much the same. I would take WD's suggestion to mix up the colors a bit. You don't have to totally switch from a dark theme but adding some vivid colors would do nicely :D I would try blue,green,pink,red and possibly purple too. These colors go with black pretty good. But I seriously LOVE the post image! It looks awesome, and those buttons fit right in! Maybe you could add the red concept in your homepage? add red header, category images? If you can do that, it would be a awesomest theme ever. I would even like it for KS!

you can get ideas for the color that you should mix it from color schema generator, there are many online, just google it.like the following collection of colors. the purple looks fine with the black and pink and the others shades.http://www.colorschemer.com/schemes/
as deadmad said you could pick any color you want and use it with its shades and you will get a great combination.

I'm not fan of dark themes. So i think mix it up with few other colors. You can use the color pallete of colorluv site.That site and the adobe's site has lot's of dark color pallets. I don't know what's going to be different with dark theme. It's gonna be all same unless other colors are added.

I updated it a little, changed a few icons, not much of a difference but here ya go.You can currently get the theme from InvisionModding, if someone could test it out that's be great! :)
http://invisionmodding.com/files/file/1586-sexy-silver/

wow, it looks perfect now soviet :)i like it so much. it looks so different now and you will be popular soon ;) good work soviet. waiting for more from you, good luck.

wow, it looks perfect now soviet :)i like it so much. it looks so different now and you will be popular soon ;) good work soviet. waiting for more from you, good luck.

:P I didn't really plan on making a skin, nor do I really have an interest of doing this all the time, I was making a new website, couldn't find a skin I liked, so I made my own :P idk I might start doing this, I might even start selling my skins, who knows :)

:P I didn't really plan on making a skin, nor do I really have an interest of doing this all the time, I was making a new website, couldn't find a skin I liked, so I made my own :P idk I might start doing this, I might even start selling my skins, who knows :)

I guess you can sell it when you get really good at it. I have a hint for you : Always try to keep it simple... minimal works the best. People hate bloated themes. :rolleyes: I have seen Minimalistic themes be the most popular and get sold the most.

I like it and on the example of the Theme I like the silver logo I think any other colour and the theme would be considered to dark. Can I ask how much you are going to start charging for this theme or will it be free for IPS members?

I like it and on the example of the Theme I like the silver logo I think any other colour and the theme would be considered to dark. Can I ask how much you are going to start charging for this theme or will it be free for IPS members?

Check the link I posted, anyone can download it.
http://invisionmodding.com/files/file/1586-sexy-silver/

i like it, but it's a little too sexy for me :)

oh how I wish we had a "thanks" button :P
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)