xisto Community
RiQ

Pyramid Brainstorming Why human beings didnt create Egyptian pyramids.

Hello!

My name is Rick Mitchell and today I'm going to tell you about this theory. This theory is supposed to proof; that human didn't create Egyptian pyramids.

Khufu Pyramid

Made of 2,300,000 building blocks.

On average, each block weights over 3,000 Kilograms(kg).

From what we know, it was built for about 23-26 years.

From writings we know that they used scaffolds made of sand.

The pyramid is geometrically around 96% perfect.

16000-20000 workers working during Nile floods.

Most of building blocks came from as far as 150 kilometres(km).

As seen above, we can find one point of interest on row four and another on row five on the list. If they used tempoarily scaffolds made of sand, the sand would've tightened up so much it would've became as hard as rock because of dragging all that weight over them and nearly impossible to remove. Pyramids are also geometrically 95-97% perfect. That'd be achievement even with modern technology.

What else? Let me teach you some mathematics.

2,300,000[blocks] / (26[Years] * 200[Working days per year]) = 442.307... = 442 [Blocks per day]

As you see above, they would have had to transfer about 442 blocks per day to get it built in 26 years.

442[Blocks per day] * 3,000[Weight in kilograms] = 1,326,000 [Kilograms transferred per day]

Where I live, trucks are limited to 16,000 kilograms weight... Even if their boats could've actually have carried 16,000 kilograms, their speed would've been something between 15 and 30 kilometres per hour. The blocks were brought from 150 kilometres far...

With what I've given you, you should be able to tell that human beings did NOT create pyramids. This is only theory, but theres another billion things that support my findings.

There is lot of documentation already from the national geographic team about this. There are various possibilities mentioned from them. I'm not sure how can you say so that it was impossible earlier just because of weight and all that. There was better ways to transport earlier like old mamoths or similar animals. Other than that, there is possibility that there was set of few stones scattered already there but this possibility is denied by few. So not sure what conclusion Natgeo came up with.

Hello!

Hi

Khufu Pyramid

Made of 2,300,000 building blocks.

On average, each block weights over 3,000 Kilograms(kg).

From what we know, it was built for about 23-26 years.

From writings we know that they used scaffolds made of sand.

The pyramid is geometrically around 96% perfect.

16000-20000 workers working during Nile floods.

Most of building blocks came from as far as 150 kilometres(km).

Yep, those seem reasonable apart from the sand scaffold bit. Ramps rather than scaffolds would have been used.

Posted Image

As seen above, we can find one point of interest on row four and another on row five on the list. If they used tempoarily scaffolds made of sand, the sand would've tightened up so much it would've became as hard as rock because of dragging all that weight over them and nearly impossible to remove. Pyramids are also geometrically 95-97% perfect. That'd be achievement even with modern technology.

No really. Sand will stand tremendous compression forces without binding together - as long as there is no water or other binding agent.

The fact that the pyraminds are not 100% perfect tends to point to a human origin - 95-97% just means that they got really good at it.

What else? Let me teach you some mathematics.

Yummy, I like maths. What are you going to teach me? A solution to the Reimann hypothesis? The Goldbach conjecture?

2,300,000[blocks] / (26[Years] * 200[Working days per year]) = 442.307... = 442 [Blocks per day]
As you see above, they would have had to transfer about 442 blocks per day to get it built in 26 years.

442[Blocks per day] * 3,000[Weight in kilograms] = 1,326,000 [Kilograms transferred per day]
Is that it? That's arithmetic, not really maths. I am very disappointed...

Where I live, trucks are limited to 16,000 kilograms weight... Even if their boats could've actually have carried 16,000 kilograms, their speed would've been something between 15 and 30 kilometres per hour. The blocks were brought from 150 kilometres far...

What has the distance got to do with it. They wouldn't fit one block, nip 150 miles upstream, then say 'next please' and wait for it. They would have been sailing the blocks down the Nile as fast as they could quarry them. There would have been convoys of boats going back and forward all day.

As for the boats being able to carry 16,000 kg = easy peasy.

With what I've given you, you should be able to tell that human beings did NOT create pyramids. This is only theory, but theres another billion things that support my findings.

I'm, not really impressed to be quite honest. Why don't you start with what we DO know and then see if there are still some things you think are impossible?

(it also looks like Von Daniken's influence still persists...a lot to answer for, that man.)

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidworkforce.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/egyptians/great_pyramid_01.shtml

Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

It's impossible to move those huge blocks with today's standards, perhaps due to today's safety measures. Trucks are limited to how much they can carry for the safety of other drivers on shared roads. What if some massive amount of people were used to transport these blocks? Maybe a team of 50 strong men were responsible for moving just 1 block a day. Just guessing here. And that would mean about 22,100 could have worked on the project. If the number is too high, what if 50 men were ordered to move 4 blocks a day?We don't know how many people were put in dangerous situations to complete the project back then. And I'm sure there weren't any union representatives to go against the architect (usually a king or queen) demanding 30 minutes of break for every 6 hours worked ;) Maybe people's lives were at stake and it's either do or die.My guess would be on people first--we have tenancy to do great things if we put our minds to it, and not have to wait for outer space influence.

My guess would be on people first--we have tenancy to do great things if we put our minds to it, and not have to wait for outer space influence.

And you would be spot on.
Some tests a few years ago used the sort of kit the Egyptians had to hand - log rollers, simply water lubrication, bronze grabbing hooks, rope...nothing flash. They found that 8-12 men are needed to pull a block 2.5-3 tonnes and that about 20 are needed to get it up a 1:10 incline (such as they would have built for ramps). Not a lot really, is it?

While they were dragging these blocks up the incline, was there any kind of breaking mechanism in place just in case the ropes or hooks broke loose? I think it would be kind of hard to get this thing in the air and onto the logs to begin with, but half way up the ramp, I don't believe there would have been a crane type device to put it back on the logs, or else they would have used that to move the block into place to begin with.

While they were dragging these blocks up the incline, was there any kind of breaking mechanism in place just in case the ropes or hooks broke loose? I think it would be kind of hard to get this thing in the air and onto the logs to begin with, but half way up the ramp, I don't believe there would have been a crane type device to put it back on the logs, or else they would have used that to move the block into place to begin with.

They did have methods of grabbing the blocks with large tongs (the marks are still visible on some blocks) which implies they also had a method of mechanically assisted hosting. They didn't have block and tackle technology, so it was probably just a wooden A-Frame and brute strength.
They would certainly have had some method of braking - very easy to rig something up to do that job. Remember also that, contrary to old opinions, it is now thought that the workforce were pretty professional, not just a ragtag army of slaves. Some Egyptologists think as few as 10,000 people would have built the major pyramids.

They did have methods of grabbing the blocks with large tongs (the marks are still visible on some blocks) which implies they also had a method of mechanically assisted hosting. They didn't have block and tackle technology, so it was probably just a wooden A-Frame and brute strength.They would certainly have had some method of braking - very easy to rig something up to do that job. Remember also that, contrary to old opinions, it is now thought that the workforce were pretty professional, not just a ragtag army of slaves. Some Egyptologists think as few as 10,000 people would have built the major pyramids.

Wow only 10,000. But wouldn't using less people take longer to build the pyramid? I mean I can understand wanting to cut your time in half by using more, but I can also understand using only those who knew what they were doing.

I know that the Egyptians developed some pretty interesting methods for completing tasks. I mean a race of people that can mummify a human sure as heck can do many other amazing things....

Makes you wonder that if the Incas had any sort of ancestral background with the Egyptians.... a long unspoken past.

Wow only 10,000. But wouldn't using less people take longer to build the pyramid? I mean I can understand wanting to cut your time in half by using more, but I can also understand using only those who knew what they were doing.
I know that the Egyptians developed some pretty interesting methods for completing tasks. I mean a race of people that can mummify a human sure as heck can do many other amazing things....

Makes you wonder that if the Incas had any sort of ancestral background with the Egyptians.... a long unspoken past.

It is the difference between having thousands of people milling around getting in each other's way and an organised army of people all knowing what they are doing. The latter is likely to be far more efficient - multiple times more.

All the answers here are pretty good. It's definitely a fascinating subject.
Really it would take someone with a degree in Engineering to answer it
properly though.

What I always found fascinating though would be a comparison of how the
Pyramids in Mexico were made compared to the ones in Egypt.
It's also really interesting that two geographically remote, and
distant from each other cultures both
had pyramids. Could it be that the ancient Aztec/Incas originally came from Egypt?

It is the difference between having thousands of people milling around getting in each other's way and an organised army of people all knowing what they are doing. The latter is likely to be far more efficient - multiple times more.

Could it be that the ancient Aztec/Incas originally came from Egypt?

No - they were actually very different kinds of structure. The pyramid shape is not surprising - any large building in those times would not be able to support a huge 'top layer' so the pyramid is quite a natural choice, since it requires no special engineering or materials technology. Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

We find it hard to accept that pyramids were built by man because we can’t see how this could be done nowadays. The same is true for preserving mummies, we have theories but we cannot do the same. Does that mean that preserving mummies also was not done by man?The problem with over trusting science is that science would let you down in many occasions where there’s no scientific explanation. Also we think of science as our science without leaving any room for a different science than ours.Those pharos used to draw the vertical angle with a rope that has 12 knots before it became a theory in traditional mathI believe that pharos built the Pyramids in a way that’s not known to us.