xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Good Email Service Provider Tell me which is the best email service provider

Dear friends I have an email account on yahoomal.com, gmail.com, rediffmail.com, hotmail.com. But I don't know which one is good and more secure to use. and I don't know which account should be continued for more security. So please tell me which email service provider is good.

yahoomail.com = average on all, can't catch all spams pretty well, deletes your inbox if you can't open it for 3 months. slow on receiving emails, some mails gets lost for no reason. it still have the problem of its first generation of mail system which is deleting things that they think is spam before it gets on your mailbox.gmail.com = high spam control and accuracy, never deletes an email and secure, big mail box size, account is forever.rediffmail.com = never heard of ithotmail.com = trash security, accounts can be easily hijacked and can be used as a high spamming service.. if you use it.. you risk being blocked to around 30% of websites email system. erases your inbox for inactivity.. i don't know the exact max time before they will disable your account.

Gmail is the pick of the lot, yahoo isn't that bad although it does bring in a lot of spam from yahoo groups as well. Hotmail isn't too good and just forget about using rediffmail, which isn't worth using at all. Stick with Gmail if you like a good provider with powerful spam filters.

I personally like Gmail specifically for the reason that they offer so many different things now as far as development, like voice, and docs, that can all be integrated not only into gmail buit other sites using their API. So much you can do. Gmail, definitely all the way.

Another small word about Gmail - if you're the kind of person who uses Google a lot, make sure that you're signed out of Gmail while accessing Google.com, because if you're signed in, Google will keep a copy of all your searches. It's nothing dangerous, but it's like giving away your personal info to Google! So just look at the top-right of the window in Google.com to check that you're not signed into Gmail.

Hummm.....well, it seems my favorite is in last place. I still have the very first email account I ever started, my hotmail account. I really like it. It's been hacked just once, and I couldn't use it for a few days because spammers were topping out the maximum numbers of posts I could make in a day, that was a real bummer, but it was only for a couple days. I actually topped it off a few times myself during the battle against Prop B by mailing so many people to fight against B, but But the limits are several hundred emails, so under normal circumstances this isn't a problem. I should probably ad that I don't have the completely free Hotmail anymore, I have the $20 a year one, it provides a ton of space so I can save more messages, I have a lot of folders with prospective customers in them so I figured I needed the extra space.

i would highly suggest you open a gmail account and transition slowly for your business. also, it's easier to get an email for your domain through gmail. it looks a lot more professional. keep your hotmail for previous customers/family/friends until you can let them all know to get to know your new email address. in bani's words, you are so 2000. change is sometimes good :)

Yes i have my first created mail too but it is in yahoo and of course as i only check it once every three or four month so sometimes i see that annoying page of yahoo saying that because i haven't checked my email in their required period i have to reactivate my account and so all of my received mails are gone, this is why i do not use yahoo anymore but because it is my first mail i try to keep it alive. my second mail is in hotmail and again i should say that is useless too, just takes a lot of time to load your email and most of the times i do not success to attach a file to my emails and many other things which makes it completely useless for me.Now about gmail, my most active emails is based on their service and i check it every two or three hour but i'm recently afraid of google behavior, very weird but true behavior of their software is that when i got and email the text ads i see is related to the content of my received mail, for example i got an email about my antivirus license which expires in next month and exactly when i open that email the text ads in above it are about another antivirus with huge discount, and this is not random because if i go to another email and then comeback again i see an ad about antivirus too, even when i open an email which my friend sent to me about how much snow they have got in their roof again i see ads of snowmobile in above of it and this is really frightening me because it seems that google bots are capable of seeing the content of each mail you receive and this is not good at all, this is very bad to do not have your own privacy and from the day i noticed this thing i never sent my important emails using their service. So i started to search for an alternative and if you see this topic : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/73914-inboxcom-e-mail-service/ i even created a topic for it and in the end i found mymailshare.com but recently their website is gone and only is accessible in some times and this is really annoying, so i again started to search for an alternative and now i have found one, i got an atom based desktop and it is running 24 hours a day and is connected to internet as well so i installed linux on it and run my own mail server, now i do not have any problem with running my own email sever and i don't have to be worried about security or making backup because i can do whatever i want with my server easily, but of course the whole desktop is not being used only for being a mail server and i'm doing many web stuffs with it.

for example i got an email about my antivirus license which expires in next month and exactly when i open that email the text ads in above it are about another antivirus with huge discount, and this is not random because if i go to another email and then comeback again i see an ad about antivirus too, even when i open an email which my friend sent to me about how much snow they have got in their roof again i see ads of snowmobile

Ok that is really really creepy! They have to be checking your message content in some way. Google really has no concept of a person's privacy do they? Never really thought about them reading your messages, but I do think that Google Earth thing that spys on you and takes pictures of your property is a real crock of crap.

Anwii, you are probably right, and I'm sure it may be more profesional to not use hotmail. But I'm not sure I want Google reading my business emails either. I was almost convinced to try Gmail until I read In Iyila's post. Now I'm not so sure. Tough call.

sheepdog- i'm sorry but i suggest highly you research things before you talk about certain things. you're making assuptions about google and the way they do businesses and you don't really have a clue how everything works. privacy is #1 with google. this is shown in this article here. i can tell you a thing or two about hotmail. it's funny you trust them as a service provider over google. i mean, any service provider can read your mail. the fact is though, they never do. what they DO do is they use the content from your emails to display relevant ads. they do this with searches too. what do you see on the left had side of google every time you search for something? relevant ads.

it's the same way they display ads on your personal site. you use adsense. i've seen it. google will display relevant ads per your own content.

lets drop the b.s. rumors how google is reading peoples emails. that is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. and even if they were....what on god's green earth makes you think microsoft isn't reading your emails or doing a lot more harm than google will ever do?

i see so much paranoia from people who don't know any better. any little rumor can set the naive in to a panic attack. truth is, it's their own unwillingness to change that is dangerous than sticking with what they think they know is safer.

it's funny to me because it's like i am back in the year 2000 now debating whether buying something online is safe