xisto Community
Shahrukh

How Long Does It Take To Register A Domain? Its been over 48 hours now

I registered a domain at Xisto, two days ago. And it still says 'pending'.How long does it usually take for a domain to get registered?I once bought a domain locally and it was registered within 24 hours.

In the past Xisto was doing manual checks for myCENTS to ensure they weren't earned from spamming or anything like that -- back then it would take 3-5 days on average. Not sure if its changed since then though.

It varies. I've had domains approved and working within a couple of hours, whereas some have taken a few days. Also, as it's currently the weekend, there's probably fewer staff around at Xisto to approve things. If by Tuesday or Wednesday it hasn't been approved then submit a ticket asking what the progress is on it.

Usually takes 24 hours and if its over the weekend, you will have it by Monday. I have ordered two domains through Xisto (open-anime.com and yoanime.com) and both have been approved of hosting and domain within 24 hours. They have never failed me on that and the Ticket Support is NOT AS BAD as everybody says it is, i put a ticket on "Urgent" and it gets answered in a few hours, what more can you expect?

Its Wednesday now...still pending.I think I should submit a ticket...

You should wait for another day, they might do it today since its going to become 5 days tomorrow. If it doesn't come on 19th August, submit a ticket and put it on "URGENT" status. If it gets to the ticket point, it would be online by another day at max.

@Shahrukh: If this is your first domain then it might take some time for them to approve it, but usually it never takes more than a couple of days. My first domain was registered within 24 hours and after that my other domains were up and running within a few hours on the same day. So the waiting period is long just for the first domain and it's possible that yours is getting delayed due to a busy schedule or/and a long list of pending registrations. Remember that the Xisto's staff is small (yet efficient) so don't get too irritated with them. If you feel you can't wait any longer then go ahead and open a support ticket and put the status as Critical (a few members suggested 'Urgent' but I found that 'Critical' gets the fastest replies) and you will be given high priority immediately. So don't worry about it and I hope you get your domain soon enough!

@Shahrukh: If this is your first domain then it might take some time for them to approve it, but usually it never takes more than a couple of days. My first domain was registered within 24 hours and after that my other domains were up and running within a few hours on the same day. So the waiting period is long just for the first domain and it's possible that yours is getting delayed due to a busy schedule or/and a long list of pending registrations. Remember that the Xisto's staff is small (yet efficient) so don't get too irritated with them. If you feel you can't wait any longer then go ahead and open a support ticket and put the status as Critical (a few members suggested 'Urgent' but I found that 'Critical' gets the fastest replies) and you will be given high priority immediately. So don't worry about it and I hope you get your domain soon enough!

That's exactly how the power of "critical" goes down, everybody is going to create a ticket and put it on "critical", for example if there are 3 critical and 1 urgent, im sure that the 1 urgent will be taken care of BEFORE all the criticals, if the urgent is older than the critical ticket. But I prefer to just try to figure out what my problem's urgency and this is one of the most complained problems, so i think urgent will be the correct one.

Well, its been pretty long now.I guess I'll stick to my local host.

oh no Shahrukh, it is your right since you have enough mycent to get your free domain name. don't give up, i am sure there is a mistake. just submit a ticket and wait for their response. all this mess because of the changes in the forums and the whole company since opaque is transferring to a new office. be patient please and you will get yours.

That's exactly how the power of "critical" goes down, everybody is going to create a ticket and put it on "critical", for example if there are 3 critical and 1 urgent, im sure that the 1 urgent will be taken care of BEFORE all the criticals, if the urgent is older than the critical ticket. But I prefer to just try to figure out what my problem's urgency and this is one of the most complained problems, so i think urgent will be the correct one.

Really? I've never had a problem with the "Critical" status, and the longest time I had to wait for a reply was around 30 hours, which is sensible enough. I think I never opened a ticket when there were a lot of tickets being opened (like when the myCENTs were down) so I didn't have to wait for long anytime.

@Shahrukh: I understand that you're worried over the delay but just wait for a while for the support staff to reply to your ticket (that is, if you have already opened one) I'm sure you'll get your domain very soon.