xisto Community
Shahrukh

Limit To Luxury Morally good thing to do or human rights violation

what's the problem, deadmad? you're neither a giver or a taker? yes. i said it was for something important and it is personal. i needed a little over $100 and they gave me half. the thing is deadmad, you say the guy who donated to the church should have kept his money. some people actually do in fact believe in being selfish like you. not give to charity or help someone out in need. me, i practice giving religiously because i believe what goes around comes around. yes. churches give money to good causes deadmad. now you know. they don't just give money away though. you are right. i am a hater. i hate racism and always will. i thing it's bred in people like a virus. that's just me though. it's one of those things i would die for if i could stop itso to repeat, YES! churches have excess funds to donate to worthy causes. either you have to be a member, or in my case, a lot of catholic churches will help someone in time of need. salvation army and the red cross will also help someone in need. there are a lot of organizations out there that help people. even the gonverment where some of our taxes go like welfare or food stamps or programs like hud to help people find a roof over their head. so are you seriously telling me that there should not be people helping people out there in the world? maybe you should volunteer on the weekends to help the homeless and see if the act of giving doesn't put a smile on your face knowing you are helping to save a life.....or not.....maybe there are other things more important, eh?i have learned a lot about giving. the one time that sticks out the most is when a homeless guy gave me the last bit of his food when i was in a jam once traveling across country. at the same time, i know i had an impact on him that he will never forget either. the act of giving allows others to feel good and allows us to feel good about our own selves. the world would be a better place if EVERYONE could sacrifice a part of their lives for others....wether it's time or money one is sacrificing.so yes, you knew i would have to respond to you knowing i hate selfish people and your belief that people should keep their time and money for themselves. and you....you travel a little bit now and again. do you take it for granted or do you not care OTHER people are sacrificing their time and money for YOU right now? maybe they should keep it for themselves too, huh? so the question is....what have you done to give back?

what's the problem, deadmad? you're neither a giver or a taker? yes. i said it was for something important and it is personal. i needed a little over $100 and they gave me half. the thing is deadmad, you say the guy who donated to the church should have kept his money. some people actually do in fact believe in being selfish like you. not give to charity or help someone out in need. me, i practice giving religiously because i believe what goes around comes around. yes. churches give money to good causes deadmad. now you know. they don't just give money away though. you are right. i am a hater. i hate racism and always will. i thing it's bred in people like a virus. that's just me though. it's one of those things i would die for if i could stop it

But why half? If you need x to do y then 1/2x is not much use....

if it wasn't much use, i would have never accepted it. this thread isn't about my personal affairs. i was just stating something as a personal example to make a point. yes, i needed x to do y, but 1/2 of x got me 1/2 of y which was enough for the time being. so in fact, half of what i actually needed was enough from them at the time.... :) now i hope that makes sense haha

if it wasn't much use, i would have never accepted it. this thread isn't about my personal affairs. i was just stating something as a personal example to make a point. yes, i needed x to do y, but 1/2 of x got me 1/2 of y which was enough for the time being. so in fact, half of what i actually needed was enough from them at the time.... :) now i hope that makes sense haha

Not really. If 1/2x was sufficient then you didn't need x....but as you say this isn't about that..

oh god....

Call me a pedant if it makes you feel better - I don't mind (as long as you don't call me pedantic which would imply a general knowledge of my characterisics/habits which could not be supported from a single, or even multiple examples of postings on internet forums)... :lol:

Of course not we can?t limit our luxury. If we have the money to spend in some things that the most of people can?t so spend this money is very healthy to the economy because behind these "lux" things like a great car, brand designer clothes and all the other luxs there are people who their sustent is with this products like the enginners that desing a Ferrari and the workers who build that Ferrari who get paid with the sale of that car. Of course there are some social things like luxury is bad but everything have good things and bad things and I think that spend the excedent of money in luxury is not so bad than save all the money in a bank or in your house where the money will be stopped of the circulation and the economy is being damaged for practices like save all your money and never spend it or invest it. So I thing that the luxes are so neccesary and only have one bad thing that is generated for it: Envy. An there is a personal envy and colective envy and when you are envy with someone you will be thinking on this person all the day and will be hating to someone else because they have more things or more money than you. I think that envy is in everywhere since the offices to the churches and we see envy in a lot of media and in our day interacting with the people commenting about that or this person who is very rich when they are a lot of people who is suffering today, and things like that.But I repeat we have to have a limit to the luxury but I thing that the luxury is so neccesary to the economy that stopping it we can have a lot of economic problems because an important part of the economy is behind the luxury and the expensive things.Bye.

what's the problem, deadmad? you're neither a giver or a taker? yes. i said it was for something important and it is personal. i needed a little over $100 and they gave me half. the thing is deadmad, you say the guy who donated to the church should have kept his money. some people actually do in fact believe in being selfish like you. not give to charity or help someone out in need. me, i practice giving religiously because i believe what goes around comes around. yes. churches give money to good causes deadmad. now you know. they don't just give money away though. you are right. i am a hater. i hate racism and always will. i thing it's bred in people like a virus. that's just me though. it's one of those things i would die for if i could stop it

I gave before, but i have never taken so far... so i might later on but i hope i don't get down on my luck though :D And I didn't ask for you needed the $, i knew it was personal. And stop right there, don't you dare call me selfish. You don't know anything about me.. well, not EVERYTHING... you are just being ignorant. I DO give to charity, all my toys (yes, even the ones i used to hug) old clothes and everything i don't need anymore goes to orphanages. I also think about "what goes around comes around", but in a religious way... sort of like its just a part of life :) And go ahead, i didn't say anything about you stopping racism, go start a hunger strike if you want.

so to repeat, YES! churches have excess funds to donate to worthy causes. either you have to be a member, or in my case, a lot of catholic churches will help someone in time of need. salvation army and the red cross will also help someone in need. there are a lot of organizations out there that help people. even the gonverment where some of our taxes go like welfare or food stamps or programs like hud to help people find a roof over their head. so are you seriously telling me that there should not be people helping people out there in the world? maybe you should volunteer on the weekends to help the homeless and see if the act of giving doesn't put a smile on your face knowing you are helping to save a life.....or not.....maybe there are other things more important, eh?

I'm not religious in any way, gone to a church only a few times and probably even went to a hindu temple more times than a church, since my mom is hindu. since my parents of different religion but my dad isn't that religious too, only my mom but they don't force me on anything... and i have never really chose any religion and i don't ever plan to, but i don't think that makes me a "atheist", i respect others religious and I also DO kind of believe in God only in those specific times when its a big issue like if a person is seriously hurt or when i get scared.

i have learned a lot about giving. the one time that sticks out the most is when a homeless guy gave me the last bit of his food when i was in a jam once traveling across country. at the same time, i know i had an impact on him that he will never forget either. the act of giving allows others to feel good and allows us to feel good about our own selves. the world would be a better place if EVERYONE could sacrifice a part of their lives for others....wether it's time or money one is sacrificing.

Really? A similar thing happened to me one time. I was lost when I was like 3 or 4 years old and i was walking alone in the street and this homeless guy found me and then he gave my some of his fries and stuff and then he took me to the police and then they called my parents after i told my parent's name. We never found out who that guy was, he just left after he handed me to the police (some lazy police :P ). And i remember this all clearly and its only memory i have from when i was so young.

so yes, you knew i would have to respond to you knowing i hate selfish people and your belief that people should keep their time and money for themselves. and you....you travel a little bit now and again. do you take it for granted or do you not care OTHER people are sacrificing their time and money for YOU right now? maybe they should keep it for themselves too, huh? so the question is....what have you done to give back?

FYI, i spent last summer selling candies and other things like cookies and doing this door to door to raise money for poor, disabled and abused children. I have also done 20 hours of community service for free since i joined High School. I DO care about money spending their time and money for me, thats what my parents do everyday. And i also said that i don't feel anything wrong with you borrowing money as long as you PAY IT BACK. I surely think that you have $50 bucks right now. Go donate it to charity or the church, what comes around goes around, doesn't it?

oh god....

I am also puzzled my this, you SAID you needed y (100) but when the church give you x (50) you took it because it was half of y but it was enough for you? Then why did you want y in the first place since x was sufficient? Did you get something smaller x? (if it was a product) or you just pitched in your own money?

oh god. some dude dropped you off at a police station and they didn't get the guys information?!? haha! this just proves my point that most cops are stupid. you got lucky there. deadmad. i am glad you stayed safe. but didn't your mom ever teach you not to accept fries from strangers? hahahagiving away things you will never need again is not what we are talking about here.if you believe in giving, then why do you think that the guy who worked for his money and donated to the church should have kept it where i would have never recieved it at all? your original post was a very selfish one and i responded to it in the same tine you used.yes deadmad, i eventually got what i needed. you are on the right track. bikerman wasn't using his noggin :) just because i got half of what i needed from one place didn't mean i didn't get what was needed in full.also, it wasn't a loan deadmad... but yea, i do have to agree with you that when people can afford it, they need to give back. that was my whole point! haha at the same time, it's not a competition to me. some people believe the more money they have to give makes them better people.i am not religious either deadmad, but i am 42 years old now. i have experienced life. you are 16 and still have a lot to learn before you get set in your ways. i am glad your mom is teaching you part of her culture. even if you don't necessarily belive in it, it is still a part of your generations and who you are.

But I repeat we have to have a limit to the luxury but I thing that the luxury is so neccesary to the economy that stopping it we can have a lot of economic problems because an important part of the economy is behind the luxury and the expensive things.Bye.

No, this doesn't work as a supporting argument. The economy is based on supply/demand. If you make it so that there is no demand for luxury goods (by legislation, education or whatever) then production will switch to other things.
Exactly this argument is used to support the manufacture and selling of weapons worldwide by countries such as the UK and US. It is bogus - the people currently employed making weapons could equally well be employed making other things - it is a CHOICE, not a requirement.

When we talk about luxury everyone has a different definition about it. For some it means having a big house, expensive things and a big car with loads of money and for some it might be in small small things. For me luxury means to go on a holiday away from the city life and just relax, :)or on a day off wake up late, just stay back at home, sit on the terrace with a nice hot cup of coffee and a nice book to read or just have a nice family time which now a days usually most of the people don't get to, having so many tasks in hand to complete ;). Edited by prashansas (see edit history)

Limiting luxury is god for yourself in the first place if you’re seeking happiness. That fact that you would still want more luxury will distract you from enjoying what you already have.

Luxury is somehow related to social rank. People sometimes seek more luxury to climb the social ladder. I would go for a decent level of good life where I don’t have to suffer.

The endless hunger for luxury resulted in unfair distribution of wealth and hence the poverty.