xisto Community
hansley

I Want To Create A Forum Site Can anyone help?

Oh and one more thing, how to create a subforum in PHPBB, do we need a mod for that?If we do, where can I get this mod? And how to install it?If we don't, then tell me how to create subforum using the PHPBB control panel?

In my opinion you should try to use more forums as users or as moderator before creating your own forum... it's not that easy to manage your forum and make it good... but if you want a normal forum... go ahead... In my opinion, before you make something, you have to have some ideas which you will only get accessing many forums, I mean, different forums... try to understand it more... and if you do it, later, it's just "read in english"... because it's very easy...

all you have to do is follow the instructions that come with the download

or

install EASYMOD and let it install it for you

note that the mod has to say that it can be installed with easy mod

51978[/snapback]

Where can I find this EASYMOD?

as you known,php is better than asp.so you'd better pick php not only phpbb or Invision to try.like my forum made by discuz php,certainlly this kind of forum is alot,but worth of good is a little.umm,what i mean you should try php forum... ;)

Hahahaha...thank you for the idea but I have already use PHPBB and already have members, I can't possibly create another forum... ;) Btw, can anyone tell me where can I get this "EASYMOD"?Thank you.

EasyMod is at http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=15 (The exact thread for the latest version is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) Remember, not all MODs work with it, although most will if you edit the MOD file enough.

To create Subforums such as the ones in these forums, you'll need a mod. Just look around and search http://www.phpbbhacks.com/ and you'll find it (and probably any MOD you want). You can request them too (at those forums or phpbb's), but it might be a while.

Well thanks for the link, spiderink. Btw, I was wondering if one of you guys who are fluent with PHPBB can help me installing Attachment Mod and Announcement Mod. I cannot istall them using EasyMod because EasyMod tells me that they are compatible.So if you are kind enough, please guide me step-by-step in installing these mods.Thank you in advance.

Oh I almost forgot, can anyone of you guys also teach me how to install RPG Mod Power Pack v. 0.0.4? It is also not compatible with EasyMod.I really need your help...Thank you in advance too.

How to get the Attatchment MOD to work with EasyMOD: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12140

When you download a MOD, open the file and read it and follow the instructions. It's as step-by-step as you can get, but some of them are terribly long. EasyMOD spoils you. I modded my first forum by hand. If you really don't want to... try to edit the MOD file so it works. Eh... Exactly which mods are you trying to install? (Links?) If I have time, maybe I'll try to do it for you.

phpBB is plain old and boring. Also Invision Power Board is really the best but you need to pay for the one that Xisto has. Also If you buy Inivion they give you converters to convert your database backup from phpBB SQL to IPB SQL. SO Yes you can easily change forums if you want to. :D:D

Quit trying to get the man to change forums PLEASE! Oh, btw, you don't HAVE to purchase Invision 2.0.1, if you know what I mean... however that's not relevant. Invision is just a cleaner board style, and more widely accepted. PHPBB is easier to mod and slightly less often found. Anyway, Modding by hand is really just about knowing PHP and coding it. and Following directions, Hansley, I suggest STRONGLY that you learn to code PHP if you don't already, because it's soon the be the language of the internet. It's easy to code when you learn enough, and it will make you less reliant on other people, :D like spiderlink said, once you learn enough php you'll be able to convert most mods to do whatever you want them to do, including make them EasyMOD compatible.Pandaz

Invision is not free (IPB)but PHPbb is free and good for begins but NOT SECURE PHPBB Need PHP and My Sql but i saw ASP version :D what is that ? Hell :D ASP :D Is not good phpbb is really nice forum CMSyou can Find more Hacks (mod) in http://www.phpbbhacks.com/ and you can many skin for ityou can find phpbb in https://www.phpbb.com/
i like work with phpbb with many hacks :D:D

To Spiderink: thank you for the link, haven't looked at it yet (due to the never ending wave of assigments from campus) but I will put an effort to sort out my time so that I can look at it.To maddog39: thank you for your advice, I will keep in mind that when I create another forum site, and as you can read from my previous posts, I have chosen to use PHPBB. So sorry I cannot use your idea for this point of time.To thablkpanda: thank you for your concern, I will try to learn more about PHP (thinking of taking a course in it---after taking a course in multimedia...) But for now, I really need all of you guys to help me. :D To all: Does anyone know a good game script for PHPBB that is compatible with CashMods? For example: RPG Mod Power Pack v. 0.0.4. And how to install it to the site?Thank you for all of you who have helped me and replied to my post so far. Thank you again...Regards,Hansley