xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

The Most Common Lie?

what??? WD lies??? stop the presses! we have a new press release!common lie:q: how are you?a: i'm ok

common lie:
q: how are you?
a: i'm ok

welcome to the group anwiii, :P join us me and ravlkass.

even when i answer that "i am ok" while i am not, is considering as a lie. but i see it in another way. usually i answer like that,when someone not close to me asks about me and i am not sure if i should trust him to talk to or even talking to him. then i won't say that in his face!! of course not, this will be rude. because he was kind to ask or sometimes curious, but i definitely won't tell him my problem just because of these. so i just say "thank you, i am fine".
or when someone close asks me and i know he is already feeling depressed or has problems, but he was so caring to ask. and of course i won't let him be more tense to think of my problems too. this is just unfair in my opinion. so i also reply "i am ok thank you".

lol, I'm very careful when cooking so I don't really burn anything. If I'm cooking meat, for example, I don't set and forget it -- I ensure I'm in the kitchen the entire time cleaning or reading.
I really can't think of any lies I say... Through many years of life I've learned that lying only makes things worse -- not better. I'm much more worried about the future than the current, so ensuring I'm always honest helps out greatly with my goals. Not to mention it's a lot better when something happens and they ask "did you do this?" and can trust you when you say "no." That alone makes being honest worth more to me than anything.

The way I see it -- if you are doing something you're ashamed of -- you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

hmmm rpgsearcherz, i am the opposite, i hate waiting the food to be done, or staying in the kitchen till it finished, so i just put it on the fire and go for doing something else. and mostly the food is burned when i was either here in the forum or in my blog :P . in general, when anyone ask me if the food is burning and i say "of course not". i say that with a big smile, and they know that i am lying because it is obviously that the food is burning from the smoke going out of the kitchen hahaa :D .

Q: So are you saying that I should let her call me a...?A: The customer is always right. Q: What do you mean by "We have to take our county back"? :huh: A: Nooo, you don't know me, I voted for Obama!Q: Are you the father?A: NoQ: Why should I take you backA: Baby, I am a changed man.

I'll give you a dollar (to/if you) .....
Everything's gonna be alright.

hmmm, i am wondering what that suppose to mean???

and i really tried to find another common lie i say but couldn't find a one :P . when i will remember i will post it here, but first i really want to know what that means NNNOOOOOO, i hope you can explain more, i am curious now :).

hmmm, i am wondering what that suppose to mean???
and i really tried to find another common lie i say but couldn't find a one :P . when i will remember i will post it here, but first i really want to know what that means NNNOOOOOO, i hope you can explain more, i am curious now :).

He means you offer someone money to do something and don't pay it. It's kind of like "I bet you $x that..." but it's more of a figure of speech than anything.

As for his second one -- think about like planes going to crash or someone is going to die. It's always the same response: "Everything will be fine; don't worry."

Of course we know that's usually false.

He means you offer someone money to do something and don't pay it. It's kind of like "I bet you $x that..." but it's more of a figure of speech than anything.
As for his second one -- think about like planes going to crash or someone is going to die. It's always the same response: "Everything will be fine; don't worry."

Of course we know that's usually false.

thank you for explaining that rpgsearcherz, i really didn't get the meaning :blush:
and i hope those two lies are false, because both of them are horrible lies :) .

thank you for explaining that rpgsearcherz, i really didn't get the meaning :blush: and i hope those two lies are false, because both of them are horrible lies :) .

Both of them are extremely common. The "betting" one is a figure of speech -- not to be taken literally.

The other one is considered as a "white lie," as it only helps people and doesn't hurt them (although I feel white lies are just as bad as any other -- either way there's things being said that are not truthful).

Both of them are extremely common. The "betting" one is a figure of speech -- not to be taken literally.
The other one is considered as a "white lie," as it only helps people and doesn't hurt them (although I feel white lies are just as bad as any other -- either way there's things being said that are not truthful).

then i should say that i accept the first one, but my acceptance of the second one depending on the situation. for example if i asked a friend if there is something wrong in his/her life and answered "everything is alright" then it's ok for me. but if i was in an airplane and we are falling and the staff said "everything is alright" then absolutely no i won't accept that one, they could be honest and say try to hang to your seats, we are falling :P .

Exactly.

Q:Do you smell something?
A:*eyes sweep left to right*.........no......
(A lot of people tend to drop portable games into the toilet)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Person A is walking. He is sick and sad and depressed and has sweaty clothes and failed a test/performed bad at work and was pranked by school/office mates.

Person B walks along and says: Hey, man, how are you?

Person A: I am ok.

That is the most common lie. We say that everyday to so many people!

Person A is walking. He is sick and sad and depressed and has sweaty clothes and failed a test/performed bad at work and was pranked by school/office mates.

Person B walks along and says: Hey, man, how are you?

Person A: I am ok.

That is the most common lie. We say that everyday to so many people!

They might be like some of us who are very optimistic and believe that some days bad things just happen. In my case maybe I wouldn't be depressed (although it may seem like it) and am just in deep thought about how I can resolve the problem and keep it from re-occurring in the future.

So it's not always a lie, and it's too hard to tell when it is and isn't.

q: can you give me directions to......a: yea, go down two blocks and make a right!and the "i am ok" one was already stated by me. let's try not to have any repeats in here.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

I once tried to convince someone that I could ride horses and won some horse shows. Truth was, I didn't know much about horses (he does though). I did eventually tell him the truth.