xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comp2

Joomla Theme

I am looking for a good clean professional theme for joomla. I like the theme that xisto.com uses, however I would like a little less clutter.I have used joomla on multiple site in the past, however for this site I cant find a theme that I really enjoy.

I am looking for a good clean professional theme for joomla. I like the theme that xisto.com uses, however I would like a little less clutter.I have used joomla on multiple site in the past, however for this site I cant find a theme that I really enjoy.

Have you considered just editing the one that comes stock on Joomla?

Or if you don't want to do editing, RocketTheme.com has a pretty nice one that's free.

Most professional-type themes are going to be paid though, so especially if you're looking for something specific I'd say it's better to just make it yourself/edit another one.

Yes I will probably purchase a theme for this site. xisto.com's theme look like one I have purchased in the past if only I could remember the name of that site. If I remember correctly they were around 50

It's really hard to find 'simple' Joomla themes. Whilst YooThemes are pretty nice, they're far too stylized and require too many modifications to run properly (expensive mods I might add). If you want the best alternative, may I recommend "Artisteer". It's a relatively cheap program (under $100) that can make themes for Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal and also plain HTML. Artisteer lacks certain features such as fluid template widths and the ability to change module positions, but it's perfect for creating very simple themes.Anyway, it's what I use. When I first started using Joomla I prowled the net for hours in search of simple themes that would be easy to modify, but it seems as though template developers are fighting to be 'individual' rather than functional.. Have fun!

It's really hard to find 'simple' Joomla themes. Whilst YooThemes are pretty nice, they're far too stylized and require too many modifications to run properly (expensive mods I might add). If you want the best alternative, may I recommend "Artisteer". It's a relatively cheap program (under $100) that can make themes for Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal and also plain HTML. Artisteer lacks certain features such as fluid template widths and the ability to change module positions, but it's perfect for creating very simple themes.
Anyway, it's what I use. When I first started using Joomla I prowled the net for hours in search of simple themes that would be easy to modify, but it seems as though template developers are fighting to be 'individual' rather than functional.. Have fun!

Artisteer is very nice. About the width issue you can always edit the theme afterwards. It's like what I would do with Dreamweaver -- use the program to do all the designing since it's graphical, and after that I would go through manually and tweak things I disliked (as well as add things I didn't know how to do using Dreamweaver).

The Artisteer program is very easy to use though. I also highly recommend it.

I am going to try a demo of Artisteer before I purchase it. I am not a big cms fan, however some of the site I build really do need it. I have never heard of Artisteer but if it works out ok I will post it here and will purchase the program. As of right now I only have a few companies that I am working for. I live in Gulf Shores, AL so business is not really booming right now thanks to the oil spill.

I am going to try a demo of Artisteer before I purchase it. I am not a big cms fan, however some of the site I build really do need it. I have never heard of Artisteer but if it works out ok I will post it here and will purchase the program. As of right now I only have a few companies that I am working for. I live in Gulf Shores, AL so business is not really booming right now thanks to the oil spill.

You CAN trust Artisteer to get your a nice theme but if you really don't want to spill all that money just to get a 'not so great' theme -- you might as well get a free one. There are plenty of good looking wordpress themes in this site for free! and if you want to make your own, try using Wordpress Theme Generator -- its Free, easy and compatible to Wordpress 3! PLUS it even supports 3 columns of widgets! Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

I agree with rpgsearcherz, Rockettheme seems to be the best choice. You mentioned professional look, then I suppose that you mean you are actually willing to pay for a theme.

I've been using Rockettheme for some time now and I'm not dissapointed. Love the Gantry System. You can customize the entire site from top to bottom. Also, I've never had a problem with their extensions.

Their site is http://www.rockettheme.com/

Edited by PhoenixGFX (see edit history)