xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Saudi Arabia Islamic Law Loophole: Drink Woman's Milk

I don't know much about Islam but I saw this on the news and thought it was kind of strange? It said Islamic law prevents a man and a woman from being alone unless they are related, and to get around this law Sheik Al Obeikan told that a man can drink the milk from a woman's breast to legally spend time alone with her. The pair then become 'related' legally.Another Sheik recommends 'suckling' directly from the source. Is this weird, or am I just not so understanding of other cultures? Regardless of the methods, isn't it kind of stupid to have a religious law and then make loop holes to get around it?

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

I do not believe there is any such law in Islam (marrying only those that you are related to). Such a law would be counter-intuitive to two laws: women having to wear clothes that covers most of their skin, and only allowed to have up to 4 wives. I have not studied Islam extensively, nor have i read the entire Qur'an (i have read only the first twenty chapters), but many of the laws of Islam are found within the first several chapters.But even if it were the case, such a ''loophole'' wouldn't suffice. That and i wouldn't expect any true follower to be looking for loopholes.

Maybe this is some kind of a joke or sarcasm, "being alone" means you can't be seen in motels, flirting, etc.. etc.. with someone you are not related to, like if it isn't your husband or your brother or father you are with.... then better beware. Ofcourse you wouldn't drink milk from a woman's breasts, maybe this is just some figure of speech.

I think it is pretty interesting but every culture is different. We really can't judge what is "normal" or "weird" based on our own because who is to say we're not the "weird" ones?Human breast milk has a lot of good nutrients and stuff for you, so there really aren't any negative effects (some claim it even helps with brain development and can lead to higher intelligence).

Nah... this is just too crazy to be true.

I guess Islamic Law says a woman may not be alone with a man to whom, as said above, she is not related to: husband, brothers, father, etc... This would be so as not promote concupiscence (as if that could be avoided :rolleyes: )

So this thing of drinking woman's milk arises three things to me:

As also mentioned above, why make loopholes to your own laws??? If social contradictions are too tight, it's not this kind of thing what will solve the situation. That's for sure.

Anyway, imagine this is true and actually practised. How do you do it? I mean, if you seduce a girl and take her to a hotel, if someone looks at her strange, like saying "such a impious woman!", you go and suckle from her breast to make them think you're "related"??? Come on!

Finally, even if you do so... correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked the book, most women's breasts won't have milk unless they are pregnant.

I don't know, this piece of news sounds too hilarious to be true.

Nah... this is just too crazy to be true.

I guess Islamic Law says a woman may not be alone with a man to whom, as said above, she is not related to: husband, brothers, father, etc... This would be so as not promote concupiscence (as if that could be avoided :rolleyes: )

So this thing of drinking woman's milk arises three things to me:

As also mentioned above, why make loopholes to your own laws??? If social contradictions are too tight, it's not this kind of thing what will solve the situation. That's for sure.

Anyway, imagine this is true and actually practised. How do you do it? I mean, if you seduce a girl and take her to a hotel, if someone looks at her strange, like saying "such a impious woman!", you go and suckle from her breast to make them think you're "related"??? Come on!

Finally, even if you do so... correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked the book, most women's breasts won't have milk unless they are pregnant.

I don't know, this piece of news sounds too hilarious to be true.

To answer your final note -- you're right (also, for a while after pregnancy, to nurse young with). I think if you have had children in the past you will always be creating it still, just much slower (don't hold me to that).

As a muslim I can add the right answer to such a question.It would look like it is weird, but in islam, men or women when they drink a milk from a female's breast, they would become her child-in-law. These assumptions were justified by using Al-Quran. Hence, a man cannot marry or have sex with his mother-in-law.I hope what have been declared answers the question.Remember: everything happens for a reason.Kind Regards