xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Tripod

once I opened a Tripod uk account and tried puting up wordpress on it, but I never used it since then and never even looked at it any more, today I got a email from Tripod

"During the last 30 days, your website on Tripod

(http://lygo.com/ly/sitemissing.html) achieved 58 pages impressions. This

makes your site one of the most popular of the Tripod community in

United Kingdom.

If you want to increase your page impressions even more take a look at

the following tips that have been compiled for you by the Lycos Tripod

team: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

We hope you find this information useful and good luck making your

website even more popular!

Best regards,

The Lycos Tripod Team.

[url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What a surprise! I mean is this for real or some kind of Valentines' day joke?

lol, 58 impressions being "one of the most popular pages" in Tripod UK is funny as hell. I used to have an account at tripod UK because they offered php. But, it sucked cause it was so damn slow. I would type in the address and it would just time out.Eventually, I got an email saying the opposite of yours.Your site has achieved no hits in the last 30 days and will be cancelled... or something like that. Good riddance. What a piece of crap.

Tripod is lame either way you look at it. I mean, any site that offers free web space but limits what you can do with it, plasters ads all over it, throws pop-ups everytime you go to a new page, and doesn't even allow FTP transfer is crap in my book. This includes Angelfire, Homestead, Geocities, AOL Hometown, and MSN.

indeed...i think having millions of ads everywhere is pretty lame most ppl go to the sites and cant even see whats really on the site because of all the pop ups and ads on the side top bottom...everywhere... but i guess ppl use it because its easy to sign up to, but i rather have quality...

indeed...i think having millions of ads everywhere is pretty lame most ppl go to the sites and cant even see whats really on the site because of all the pop ups and ads on the side top bottom...everywhere... but i guess ppl use it because its easy to sign up to, but i rather have quality...

50681[/snapback]

That's why I use Xisto :D

They are crappy, that is for sure. But, hasn't everyone used these at the beginning? They're great startup sites. Especially MSN Groups, because it is a WYSIWYG editor and allows you to create the page, then view the html. Which allows the users to learn very simple html, if they look at it enough. Most of the younger users use these free webhosting sites and don't really care about the pop-ups, the lack of application (cause they don't know anything!), and lack of support, cause it is so easy! Once you grow wiser you need better things.. anyways, the point is, they are good for something!

They are crappy, that is for sure. But, hasn't everyone used these at the beginning? They're great startup sites. Especially MSN Groups, because it is a WYSIWYG editor and allows you to create the page, then view the html. Which allows the users to learn very simple html, if they look at it enough. Most of the younger users use these free webhosting sites and don't really care about the pop-ups, the lack of application (cause they don't know anything!), and lack of support, cause it is so easy! Once you grow wiser you need better things.. anyways, the point is, they are good for something!

50756[/snapback]

Yeah, it's too bad Yahoo Groups doesn't take MSN's lead and let you customise their pages. I hate how my Yahoo Group looks, because I can't change font colors, and you can only use certain combinations of colors. Lame.

The only reason i even bothered with tripod is also because there were free and supported PHP. But even getting past the first registration page is incredibly tedious...no when ever I try to go to my site it gives me a 403...why am I forbidden to access a site on a server that I friggin created...it is incredible slow and inreliable

ya true the only reason i used it too is cuz i was new to building sites and i didnt know anything bout html or what it was and i just wanted to create a site so I used tripod then geocities which both had the free site builder lmao

The thing is that most really young kids, when they're first starting out with web sites, are too stupid to find a good host, so they just go to a host they've heard about. Tripod and similar sites (AOL Hometown, Geocities, etc.) aren't that bad from a kid's perspective, but if you're actually making a site that you care about, ads really take down the quality a lot.