xisto Community
web_designer

The Letter ?Z? Will Be Removed From The English Alphabet

I have one crazy doubt, then should i pull out the key Z from my keyboard

Just let me know whether this is really gonna happen and if so tell me when .

no i won't. i won't tell you when it happen even if it is real  :), to prevent you from messing up with your poor keyboard  :P. and it was just an April fool joke. but we kept on discussing for fun nirmaldaniel.

godo april fool joke ! removing the letter Z .. how would that make any help to the language ??It is a phonetic and how can one remove a phonetic from the language .. maybe then they can call the English : EngliZ ? A new variant lol ? ... it is ok if someones wants tochange and put a new letter or phonetic or remove but it then wont be English .. funny topic i find this one hehe !

Edited by sukhi (see edit history)

I agree with Rob, it doesn't really effect British English because we already use 'S' in analyse etc. Or should I say that American-English uses 'Z' instead of 'S' since it is that way around. But although I don't see the point 'Z' is a pretty useless letter which mostly can be replaced by an 's' and 'x' in terms of xylophone but I'm pretty sure this wont happen.

Ya, that is what I meant. From a planet, they have "downgraded" Pluto to a star (or moon). So on paper, we have one less planet on the solar systems but I know many still see Pluto as the furtherest and last planet on the system.

Actually, it's now a "Dwarf Planet". Too small to be defined as a planet, too big to be defined as a moon. We might have one more to worry about in 2012.
http://www.universetoday.com/14486/2012-no-planet-x/
I didn't read the entire thing.

Interesting article, though it is clear that you didn't read it, as it completely debunks the rumors surrounding that dwarf planet that "we might have one more to worry about in 2012." :lol: Nice find, though, I enjoyed reading it.

no i won't. i won't tell you when it happen even if it is real  :), to prevent you from messing up with your poor keyboard  :P. and it was just an April fool joke. but we kept on discussing for fun nirmaldaniel.

You mean this is just an April fool? WOW!!!
It must be a costly one. This would be a big blow to English language if it eventually happen.

I think it's a ridiculous idea to remove the letter Z from the alphabet.

If we're going to do that then why not just remove the letter C or K?

If we chamged the pronunciation a little bit we could probably also do without the letter U. Replace that with O all the time.

Not only that but think of all the great literature it would affect.

Everything from Shakespeare to Dickens to Rowling.

And to think they actually wasted time studying this idea.

click here

NOW WHAT!!! deleting the letter Z from the English alphabet!!! what a crazy idea is this. i don't know what kind of authority that this ELCC have but it really could take such a huge step.

to me, i think it is completely nonsense. i like the letter Z in english, where is the wrong if british english is different from american english ??

just a week ago, i read a topic about this book "The American Spelling Book" by Noah Websterhow and how English brought to America by British and how Americans change it through years to become "American English" not only " English". if they start unifying American English and British English they will never end. and finally, we will get Will Smith talking like Mr. Bean Posted Image

don't get me wrong here, i have nothing against British i do love all kind of languages. i like England and how British talk and i like Mr. Bean movies Posted Image but i do believe that every language and every accent in a certain language has its special characteristics. and i don't like anyone mess with this.

nowadays, in every country we can see there are more than one accent in the same language. in some way it gives uniqueness for a certain people. for example, in France, all french talk french language but the accent different from people who live in pairs to people who live in province. in my country, people who live in cities talk differently from people who live in country side. everyone have its special characteristics.

the funny thing they mentioned is that, they will replace every word contains Z with X or S depending on its spelling, and here is what we'll get:

- zero becomes xero.

- zoo becomes xoo.

- visualize becomes visualise.

- analyze becomes analyse.

sounds funny to me. anyway, this is my opinion, what about yours??

Edited by networker (see edit history)