xisto Community
iGuest

weight loss Fitness Plan

weight lossFitness Plan

Hi I run for 30 minutes in the morning and then jog on the spot for 30 mins, and I was loseing 2 pound a week steadily the I started doing 60 sit ups and 30 press ups a day and put back on 5 pound in weight, why is that and will I start losing weight again, Tom

-question by Thomas

Losing weight is not limited to exercises, diet should never be overlooked. When setting up an exercise regiment, make sure that it's supplemented with proper diet. As for the diet that would suit you, we need more information, like your current weight, height, daily food intake, etc. If you want to loss more weight, continue with your jog (in place and moving). Increase your liquid intake to compensate for the water lost during the exercise and shift into a fiber-rich diet. (fruits, veggies and oatmeal). Losing weight doesn't mean that you have to be a vegetarian. If you love meat, eat meat. Just make sure that it's not read meat and keep it to a minimum.

@Thomas : What you are experiencing is normal. After a few weeks of exercise , the muscles start building up and the body tries to store more fat as it " believes " thatit is in dire situation and hence need to store more fats. Keep going with the routine. I used to do 15mins running but now being a lazy boy and do more parallel bar and SuryaNamaskar. Shall run tomorrow morning !!

Edited by sukhi (see edit history)

As an ex bodybuilder, i can give you an awesome technique to losing weight fast and safely, this is the same technique i used to use as i used to fatten up bulk up then lose the weight to get a wide build.First thing that you need to remember, this is more considered to be a detox more than anything else, and it works trust me.Some people will differ to my actions on this one but in the end of this i will explain why i have set it that way.Okay he first thing you have to realize is that most people think that not eating will make you thinner.. WRONG it ups your bodily fluids making you bloat and gain weight, the first thing you need to do is get a great metabolism via eating certain foods.these foods consist of:- Alot of spicy foods, chilli, pepper etc. These higher your metabolism. - No dairy - at all, as it up's your body fat content, including light. That is including all types of cheeses too.- Alot of citric acid foods, oranges etc, as they speed up the breaking down of the food.- Do NOT derive from red meats, they will put the smallest amount of weight on you to start with, but by eating spicy food and citric acids that will break down easily after a few days of this detox. I can not stress enough how much red meats mean to your body!- Drink water and only water, this will flush your system out - Green Tea is also great. Remember to not over drink on the water as it will bloat you.To fail any of these things is to fail the process completely, this is a two week detox to flush out your system and build up your metabolism.This runs for two weeks along with your usual fitness techniques, pleae make sure that while doing this do not eat/drink protein concoctions!please pm me if you have any questions.

Losing weight is not limited to exercises, diet should never be overlooked. When setting up an exercise regiment, make sure that it's supplemented with proper diet. As for the diet that would suit you, we need more information, like your current weight, height, daily food intake, etc.
If you want to loss more weight, continue with your jog (in place and moving). Increase your liquid intake to compensate for the water lost during the exercise and shift into a fiber-rich diet. (fruits, veggies and oatmeal).

Losing weight doesn't mean that you have to be a vegetarian. If you love meat, eat meat. Just make sure that it's not read meat and keep it to a minimum.

red meat is good in any diet, to miss out on red meat can screw with your natural body fluids and reduce muscle gaining more fat.

People trying to lose weight must avoid oil, salt, starch, and, sugar. They must also regulate their meat intake because it is harder to digest then veggies. I've heard of a diet plan for those who need to lose weight immediately, it's a 7-day diet program. I'll try to post the menu some time soon.

I have the exact opposite problem. I need to gain weight, and it will probably not happen anytime soon because we can't afford enough food for me to eat three meals a day. I probably eat once a day on a good day, twice if I am lucky. In fact, sometimes I go an entire day with eating only a few snacks and it hits me hard in the morning. I just feel sorry for the homeless. I was attending a campaign event and I took a walk through a park that is filled with homeless people. I don't see how they maintain their weight. I think maybe my mom priories are not straight, and even though we are poor and make less than 10k a year, there are places were we can cut spending. But lucky, I just graduated from high school and ill be going to college in August. Maybe I can uplift myself out of this condition. My sister is already enrolled in college and she intends on being a nurse. My mom got pregnant and decided to drop out of high school, which explains out situation. Also dad is a deadbeat. Anyway, if you want to lose weight, much much much less. Instead of eating meals, eat peanuts and just enough to keep you moving. Exercise is good, but usually what happens is people eat more in order to compensate for the calories used while exercising.Therefore you lose little weight.

Edited by Harlot (see edit history)