xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Good Is The Samsung Phones' Battery Backup?

I've always wanted a slide phone with a QWERTY keypad but all the models used to be out of my budget. Now finally I have found something that looks promising and has an attractive price too. It is the Samsung Corby Mate GT. I've seen some of my friends using the full-touch Samsung Corby, and it looked impressive. But since I'm not such a big fan of touch phones, I decided to opt for this one instead. However, my biggest gripe is that the talk about Samsung phones' battery backup has been mixed. Some people say it's terrible and lasts only a day at most, while some say it's really good and will last till 3-4 days. But I don't know which version to believe. Could someone experienced tell me their story about a Samsung mobile please? It would be really helpful to me in deciding whether or not to purchase this model.Thanks in advance!

I have a Samsung E250V. The battery takes approximately 4 hours to charge from nearly flat (when the phone starts warning you of a critically low battery). Leaving it switched on but not really using it for anything, the battery lasts for around 4-5 days before it needs charging. If you're using it constantly throughout the day to make and receive calls, send and receive texts and play games or whatever, the battery lasts approximately 2 days. Of course, that's only with my phone (now just over a year old) and my normal usage. Your mileage may vary.

I have a Samsung E250V. The battery takes approximately 4 hours to charge from nearly flat (when the phone starts warning you of a critically low battery). Leaving it switched on but not really using it for anything, the battery lasts for around 4-5 days before it needs charging. If you're using it constantly throughout the day to make and receive calls, send and receive texts and play games or whatever, the battery lasts approximately 2 days. Of course, that's only with my phone (now just over a year old) and my normal usage. Your mileage may vary.

I use my phone mostly for texting and browsing the net. Calls and games are very rare.

So your mobile is a year old and still gives 2-4 days of backup? That's not so bad. My 2-year old Sony Ericsson W350 struggles to give 2 days of backup even if left alone. As for other good brands like Nokia they don't have a QWERTY slide phone in this range. So I guess this is the only sensible choice now ;)

I've always wanted a slide phone with a QWERTY keypad but all the models used to be out of my budget. Now finally I have found something that looks promising and has an attractive price too. It is the Samsung Corby Mate GT. I've seen some of my friends using the full-touch Samsung Corby, and it looked impressive. But since I'm not such a big fan of touch phones, I decided to opt for this one instead. However, my biggest gripe is that the talk about Samsung phones' battery backup has been mixed. Some people say it's terrible and lasts only a day at most, while some say it's really good and will last till 3-4 days. But I don't know which version to believe. Could someone experienced tell me their story about a Samsung mobile please? It would be really helpful to me in deciding whether or not to purchase this model.Thanks in advance!

i have samsung galaxy ace, i promise u that battery s the worst in samsung. after buying this mobile i am very sad. its having so many problems. if i use normally the batery backup wil be 1 day.. if i use ex termly then it wil come for only half day..my biggest mistake in my life s buyinh a samsung mobile..