xisto Community
web_designer

Knowledgesutra/trap17 Contest, $350 In Prizes!

Nice idea. I can't participate as i'm not US resident. Maybe i can win this for someone else. Not sure what to do with prize if i win. Idea is nice and i think we need thumbs up from opaque for the contest. By the way nice flyers there. Less content to show but anyway that's good start.

Too much work? I actually got the contest idea from another forum, the only difference is that the prizes were less in value then the ones I have here.

one guy printed over 500 fliers and put them all over his school.

another guy did the same but he drove around for hours, wasting gas, and putting them in peoples mail boxes!

and lots of the other entries had just as much effort.

so I don't see how it could be "too much work"

I don't see why it doesn't seem "real", I came into some good fortune and thought i'd share it with my favorite community.

This contest is 100% legit and I hope to get alot of entries from everyone.

Oh really? What was the other forum about? :) Not meaning to be rude or anything here but come on, you really except 30 people to enter? 30 American/Canadian. There is almost no way this is going to happen, you can't just get people into the site by posting flyers all over the city. It seems to childish now a days, might have worked in the 90's. You have to think 'outside the box' here a bit. What will be the BEST way to approach this situation?

We can go around sticking flyers in every vending machine you see or you can be responsible and do something that actually 'captivates the mind of the people'. You can for example, make 'backlinks' to Xisto by linking to it from other high PAGERANK forums or blogs or you can make a 30-second ad to appear on FOX News, ok just kidding about that one :P I mean, its a really good idea and stuff but i don't really feel its going to drive alot of people into the site, i am saying this a waste of a contest but maybe you can ADD MORE choices to choose from.

Very good Soviet... I really appreciate your idea and your intention behind it.. Keep it up, keep growing Xisto... Unfortunately I am not eligible for your contest (or atleast, for you prizes :D ) as I am an Indian :D

Just because you live in India doesn't mean you can't participate, there a billion people there!! Just make some flyers and hand them out to people, just don't do it for the prizes! Do it to make this place more fun and a better community. I would have thought to NOT put any prizes, as we should all be doing this anyways.

Here is my entry, my phone takes blurry pics so there is a copy of the print out too

Nice work Kira! The only problem is the 'design' of the flyer, its too simple, its got to be attractive enough so people will read it and actually go to the site. Try adding a template around it on MS WORD/OpenOffice or using a different font and adding some color. Could have more text also! Nice work really!

how many flyers did you print out? i noticed there is one on the white car too. at first i was thinkin...."hmmmmm....some advertising. it's probably kira's car" haha anyway. good job :D

Yea, that was what i was thinking! :D A crowded garage is exactly the right place to this. Open the windshield and just pop it in there and move on to the next car! I remember in middle school when I tried to put a flyer on the car and ending up pulling out the windshield, my friends started laughing and the car alarm starting beeping, so we ran before the guy who owned the car could catch us ! :P

Here is my entry, my phone takes blurry pics so there is a copy of the print out tooPosted ImagePosted Image

Good job Kira! pretty simple fliers, but good effort, how many cars did you do this to?

Oh really? What was the other forum about? :) Not meaning to be rude or anything here but come on, you really except 30 people to enter? 30 American/Canadian. There is almost no way this is going to happen, you can't just get people into the site by posting flyers all over the city. It seems to childish now a days, might have worked in the 90's. You have to think 'outside the box' here a bit. What will be the BEST way to approach this situation?

We can go around sticking flyers in every vending machine you see or you can be responsible and do something that actually 'captivates the mind of the people'. You can for example, make 'backlinks' to Xisto by linking to it from other high PAGERANK forums or blogs or you can make a 30-second ad to appear on FOX News, ok just kidding about that one :P I mean, its a really good idea and stuff but i don't really feel its going to drive alot of people into the site, i am saying this a waste of a contest but maybe you can ADD MORE choices to choose from.

going around spamming other websites will give us a bad name. just think about it.

This contest is all about creativity and to show you are willing to put some effort for these forums, I understand what you're saying, that people will just ignore what you do, but it's just the thought! and you can get a nice prize!

I printed off 100 and ran out before I got them on every car.. Imma make another one here pretty soon, can I re-do my entry with better flyers???

I printed off 100 and ran out before I got them on every car.. Imma make another one here pretty soon, can I re-do my entry with better flyers???

Sure, you are allowed to edit your entry until the contest closes

you can also enter multiple times, all of your combined entries will be judged together.

Sweet, I think Imma make a t-shirt too :) that will be fun, imma go to a concert soon I'll wear it, and have someone take a pic of me in the crowd >.<

Sweet, I think Imma make a t-shirt too Posted Image that will be fun, imma go to a concert soon I'll wear it, and have someone take a pic of me in the crowd >.<

Awesome! You really are taking this to the next level Kira. I wonder if they will let you get on the stage and sing a song about trap! :) I wish we had more people like this in the forum! But i don't think we should advertise anymore, the amount of users will skyrocket due to the new theme and major upgrade. Don't even worry about it, we should have more active users and more new members.

Nice. One thing you can do is make sure you've less empty space and more space to Xisto logo that gets attention. You can do this by making another flyer. If you think this default logo is not getting attention then simply create text based logo on your own choice and add it to flyer. This will definitely help to community. Keep it up.

i staged a mass fight and we all yelled Xisto.com. i went to jail for 2 days. i win.

Xisto: A quest for wisdom through violence? Hmm..

well soviet i would suggest you to close it now and restart your contest again the next month or more. because i am sure that you didn't get entries not because no one interested but because there's no one to be interested Posted Image as you can see most of the members are not active now because the exams, the forum upgrade,...ect.

so i think you need a good time to post your contest. unfortunately, you post it just a few days before the forum upgrade, so it was just a bad luck. don't be disappointed.

well soviet i would suggest you to close it now and restart your contest again the next month or more. because i am sure that you didn't get entries not because no one interested but because there's no one to be interested Posted Image as you can see most of the members are not active now because the exams, the forum upgrade,...ect.

so i think you need a good time to post your contest. unfortunately, you post it just a few days before the forum upgrade, so it was just a bad luck. don't be disappointed.

You should just close down the contest and be done with it. Posted Image No one really showed any consideration for this contest (except Kira) and even Moderators nor any Admins said anything about it or even acknowledged it. It should be the Moderators and ADMINS who are SUPPOSED to be doing this, not us users. They have the responsibility for that.

Besides, the forum is undergoing serious upgrade and it is going in a snail slow pace and its not going to be done any time soon and that is also affecting this and the users and joining. I really hope someone looks into this forum and fixes it or something -- i mean I would do something if I can and thats what i am doing, stating the problem and crossing my fingers to make it be fixed...