xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Congratulations To Our New Mod - Anwiii!

I'll feel stupid if there's been a thread about this earlier, but since there wasn't one in the Alerts and Notices forum, I thought I'd start it over here.Ok so there have been some changes in the forum lately, and while the change of name was good, I still miss the trap. Anyway that's a lengthy debatable topic. I think the more exciting and welcome change is that there has been another addition to the moderating team and this time it's our good ol' anwiii - who's been helpfully poking into almost every topic in the forums since a long time :P So, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That said, I'd better watch out now, 'coz a powerful word-spinner has been given the power to edit anyone's posts now ;) And in case anyone gets the doubt why I'm starting this thread in spite of the fact that half the forum knows the news already, well I just felt that since the previous "new mod" (galexcd) got a welcome thread we should have fun for the latest mod as well :P

ok....... in that case lets say Congratulations Anwiii and Weldone bro.Yeah you all have to watch out now you never know when Anwiii will strike and just like that ***POOF*** he will be gone and return another day lol

yeah, good topic simpleton,

and Congratulations our friendly MOD, we promise you to be good members and not bother you at all.if anyone did that for a reason or another, please forgive us.

even some get angry from your sharp opinion, but i am sure most of us appreciate your opinion and admire it. because you were doing the job of a mod when you weren't a one. as i said before you were an officer without a gun and they give you a one now ;)

btwn, during my first times here in forums, i was writing topics and waiting worried for your reply. because i know if you didn't like my topic, you will critic me seriously. but after a while i realized that you are helping me that way, and point to my mistakes and week points. so thank you for everything you done to this forum and to all members, and be sure we are always your faithfull friends.

All I can say is that you are a month late but good job anyway on making this thread :P Yeah, I guess their should have been a thread in the Alert/announcement section about a new mod ;) But isn't it good for a mod to edit stuff and correct some mistakes? Anyway, good luck to Anwiii on becoming a cybercop. :P

congratulations anwiii ;) wow i never noticed there are three 'i's until i saw deadman7's large post!! :P it's really a good decision to make anwiii as a mod i dont think no one else is as active as him in the forums. the other mods are active and helpful too but i think in terms of being active no one can beat anwiii. and in terms of being helpful i think all the mods are equally good; anwiii's way of helping may just seem strange to some people :P

I was once a member of this forum when it was still Xisto and anwii had only 100 posts more than me! lol..Now I come back to hear he's a mod!! CONGRATS MAN!!We had our run-ins more often than I'd feel free to say here, but overally, the guy is a bot!! He posts day and night and since being knighted...he's now much friendlier in my opinion!!Keep up the good work, man!!!

Congratulations. This makes the Mods one more stronger in the war against the rockers. Only joking. I was refering to the Quadrophenia movie. Seriously though, good mods are always needed.All the best.

Hi!@roger112Did you create a new account when you returned to Trap 17 / Xisto? You've got forty one posts, which does seem few when you mention that you had just a hundred posts less than anwiii did. You probably would be able to get an administrator or moderator to help you with recovering your old account, if you can remember the username (or can look it up from the older posts).@networkerThere's always a need for moderators because apart from approving new topics, moderators also have to scour through posts made to existing posts and private messages being sent by bots. Then, there's the problem of looking for copy-pasted content, but I believe that there is some kind of an automated system that tells moderators and administrators when there's a post that looks suspiciously close to existing content on the Internet. Finding source code, particularly in the programming language forums, that has not been quoted/marked as code is yet another one of the things that moderators have to do because you cannot get an automated system to say that the unquoted text is source code - it's something that requires human scrutiny.Having described most of the responsibilities that moderators on discussion boards have, all I can say is the more the merrier for everyone on the forums.