xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Did Something Happen To Trap? Wow

Wow.I come back to Xisto and stuff and now this is really freakybecause everything is changed and stuff.I can still see that the totalitarian ways of Trap are still in action though... but is trap sold to another company or whatever?BEcause I went on to trap today after like... a couple of months and the first thing I saw at Xisto.com is this new picture, that I have never seen before, as well as a new banner on the discussion forums.Sorry if I am not meant to be posting this, but can someone please tell me what is going on at Xisto so that I know?I'm glad my sites arent' down though.;)this is ONE good thing since the changes of Xisto has been implemented.Nameless_

hahaha Nameless i understand how daunting it must have felt when you logged in first. everything looked different and you probably thought you were lost or had been hit by a popup or redirection but alas. this was not that case.In recent weeks Xisto rebranded itself as Xisto.com because the name Xisto apparently bears more meaning and resemblance to the whole system. Xisto apparently lacked dept in its meaning hence the change. There was a poll put u[ a few weeks or months prior asking what name we prefered and we all had a chance to answer the poll and give our oppinion. Some of us did, i know that i was against the name chnage and i believe (though this maybe be wrong and I have no proof) I believe that the majority wanted to remain as trappers not become sutras but the powers that be went on ahead to change the name.This is probably because by the time many people ask should i do this? in their heads they have already convinveced themselves what they wanna do and are just seaking approval so it looks like everyone decided the decision. So unfortunately we were not as enthusuastic about the name change but that didnt stop the change. A few weeks later I looged in and the name had changed and a poll asking us what we thought of the new name was there. So we said our two cents worth and moved on. We either got used to the idea of being sutra or we had to find ways of getting over it and accepting the change. The services offered have not really changed and everything is probably as you've known before. well save for the name and ofcaurse THey also added that intro which to be honest I dont like so I avoid by entering site via Xisto.com/forums to avoid the intro or Xisto.com/forums and this brings me direct to the forums.So dont panic, Xisto was not bought by some beaurocatic company or sold to some bigshot like google lol. We are still that same trusted product, just wearing a new uniform that is more compliant with todays fashion and everchanging world. So welcome to the new brand for Xisto - KNOWLEGDESUTRA

that's what you get for staying away for so long ;) well, Xisto.com is still active. it's just parked now. opaque changed the name about a month ago. the forums are pretty much the same as you remember, but with the new name change to Xisto.com, the home page changed a long with it :P

Hey welcome back Nameless_. Looks like you're busy with your blog and life. Yes opaque changed the name and also holding contest for 100$ mycents for the good name. You need to give your opinion about new domain and why you think it is best. Opaque made anouncement in echo_thunders website. You can also check this on the header of Xisto.com/index.php/ page for the thread link.

Hi!When I logged into Trap 17 and noticed that I was being redirected to Xisto, I thought there was some sort of merger or acquisition too. There was a poll for whether Trap 17 was an appropriate name and whether it should be changed and I'm pretty sure a lot of folks out here wanted it to stay the same. Trap 17 was built upon the culture at an Internet cafe and it had this red background with a black spider web. Xisto is a departure from that old name and tradition yet I like the new website with the mouse roll over and roll out effects.BTW, what have you been doing while away for so long? School? Vacation? Wedding? Personal project?

Well, you shouldn't stay gone so long!Only the name was changed, to protect the not innocent. :) It's still the same old gang, same basic forums, and lucky for me, I didn't even have to change my link in favorites, it still comes right here. So....tell us why you have been gone so long. Hope nothing was wroung or you were in some kind of trouble.

Hi!@sheepdogI've been occupied with course work and a bit of work at the office, but mostly course work. When I've got time off from both course work and office work, you'll see a ton of posts from me on the forum - that's when you know I've been freed from the bonds of assignments, examinations, and project deadlines! It is a temporary situation though, so eventually they do manage to trap me yet again within the shackles of work, work, and yet more work.I have had to abandon a couple of open source projects that I have been working on and I really did want to keep going despite the work overload, but there's only so much that we can do in the face of it all.Anyway, I might as well appreciate the changes that I see on the forum and hope for more positive change over the years to come.