xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
StvenWesley

Iphone And Android your views?

I have never used iphone. It costs around $750 and I feel a bit expensive for me to afford.As iPhone comes locked to a carrier,for using other carrier I have to unlock it first and to install apps bi passing iTunes I need to jailbreak it.With every firmware update,I have chances of getting bricked or I will have to continue using the old firmware.I have an Android based phone and enjoy playing with it.It gives me a lot of flexibility. There are lots and lots of applications available in the android marketplace ( not as much as iPhone marketplace for now but its strongly catching up).Most wonderful thing is that most of these apps and games are free to download. ;)

I have a iPhone 3GS and yes it is very much expensive but it has good quality which makes up for that. You can get a iPhone and you can unlock if you want, nobody is going to say anything. Except, your warranty is not guaranteed. Also, I think you guys AND GUYS (and gals ;)) get the idea that your iPhone gets 'Bricked', im an iPhone Expert and i can tell you thats just a myth, if you encounter any problems due to jailbreaking it, there is always a way. I once had a black screen on my iPhone for about 3 months and I had to use my old phone :P and then someone on AIM told me to my iPhone and put in rice for a while, and I thought he was crazy and wanted to ruin my iPhone, but anyways I thought 'Its not working anyway, wants going to happen if i do put it?'.

I took little box (shoebox should work) and filled it with unboiled rice and laid my iPhone in there and covered it with rice, and the next week (yes, the NEXT WEEK, this process takes long), I took it out and TADA it started working again! Any hardware problem can be fixed by taking it to the Apple Service Store or by putting in Rice for a week or so (use this only for spills and such).

I have jailbreaken my iPhone 3g and also my iPod 2Generation and both of them got jailbroken without a problem. Go to blackra1n.com and connect your iPod/iPhone and click 'Make it Ra1n' and it should be jailbroken in about 2mins. It is very fool proof and works 100% for all versions of the iPhone and iPod.

You are saying that most of the Apps on the Android Marketplace is FREE, guess what? Most of the Apps on the Application Store are also free, they may not have the same quality as the paid apps but still they are good like the BING , OPERA MINI and FACEBOOK APPS. Also, if you Jailbreak your iPhone you can go to Cydia Store and get a APP called 'Installous' (google it) and you can get PAID APPLICATIONS FOR FREE (everything on the App Store for free). But using INSTALLOUS IS ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES AND TO FIND A APPLICATION YOU WANT AND PLEASE DELETE AND BUY IT YOURSELF AFTER YOU TEST IT! SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS.

The iPhone also has a Sleek look and the awesome APPLE logo on the back (it does matter :P). I have also found the iPhone OPERA MINI browser to be the fastest mobile browser. Also, the iPhone is constantly updated and it keeps getting better and better. Oh, and I'm a Apple Fanboy but not that much biased opinions. If you decide on getting a iPhone, PM and I will give you more information.

Yes I noticed this fact and policy of apple leaves me a bit puzzled ... I now never to take the 3G since the 3G only costs $ 100 more ... and I think this argument is made by most potential buyers. .. and the stock in the warehouse of 3G does not decrease!And when it comes out the 4G will even take out the stock in the warehouse of 3G and 3G, because if the launch price will be similar to the 3G people tend to take the last exit, the remaining unsold preceded the models.I do not think the new 4G can cost around $ 1000 would be madness ...

Both the iPhone and Android (HTC's Nexus) are interesting phone but I don't I'll buy any of them, they're too expensive for me. I did try out an iPhone 3G which really rocks and elegant. I haven't seen anyone using HTC in my country, it may take several months before they start shipping out one that will work here. I'm keeping my trusty Moto.

I strongly advise you don't buy a locked iPhone, or for that matter, just keep your Android. My friend had an iPhone before and 90% of the apps are $0.99 +, and the ones that ARE free are usually the trial/demo version of the full App. Another reason you should stick to your droid is, for the same reason you came up with, except that in only a few years, the android apps will surpass those of the iphone and you'll have a bunch of apps and most of them will be free. That's just my two cents(Only $0.97 more for an app on the iPhone :P ). Haha, jk. ;)

The Apple iPhone is a pretty good choice if you plan on listening to a lot of music and watching videos because it's simply amazing for multimedia. If you do intend to use it as a phone, you might be disappointed because it tends to crash about once a week and so could double up a second phone, but I wouldn't replace my primary phone with an Apple iPhone.The carrier-locked Apple iPhones are a real drag because they keep me from being able to use it when I travel and so I got an iPhone from the grey market (which, BTW, costs full-price and is over the $300 that it is supposed to cost) and have been using it ever since. I didn't know about the concept of the grey market when I got it so I wasn't aware of breaking Apple's terms of license - stores all over the country were selling it and Apple didn't have an awareness campaign of any sort so as long as I paid for it and got it, I think I ought to be able to use it. The store isn't going to give me a refund anyway. I haven't been upgrading the software because that causes it to demand the carrier-specific SIM card again and I can't use the phone without the SIM card... the jailbroken version runs fine even without a SIM card and can run software that Apple has banned from the App Store.I would want to try the HTC Nexus or an alternate Google Android phone if it doesn't come carrier-locked like the Apple iPhones do. A good selection of free Apps would be pretty nice and I'm sure a lot of software developers would want to develop for it. The last phone that I developed for was the Nokia 9210i and it was pretty easy to develop applications in Java and copy across the compiled .class files, although it is possible to create a package too.

I really hate locked phones, especially the smart phones. It's better to get an unlocked one and pay the extra.The Android Phones are far better, way more customizable in my opinion. The only downside is the battery life on the Android phones.The Good thing about the Android Platform is that it's open source, Open Source has an unlimited number of people are able to share their knowledge. Open sourced software tends to be more secure than proprietary software because thousands of people are pouring over the code every day. Holes in the software are quickly found and patched.

Edited by PhoenixGFX (see edit history)

hmm these days i can see many of these type articles going around the blogs and tweets and everywhere, but some one is fan of the android and another one is fan of iOS (do not compare android to iphone it is like comparing windows with sony), but you can see fans of android are more than fans of iOS, and i think one of the most important reasons for this is that in many asian countries, many features of iOS is not usable but this is not same for android so we can see less iphones in asian countries. also in poor countries people prefer to not pay so much for every app they want in their phone so android gets another plus form this aspect in some African countries.Now we should see what iphone has that makes some people using it, the first thing it has is a huge advertisement behind it, many luxurious cars like Lamborghini or Ferrari are very compatible with iphone but their origin country is Italia, this being compatible means if you just turn on bluetooth of you iphone every thing will be done automatically (just one or two permissions are needed) and then you will get all your contacts, messages, notes and other things in your car display, doing this with any other type of phone takes you more than 5 minutes. these advertisements are for only one product so they are more effective, i mean see nokia, today it will advertise its n900 tomorrow it will advertise its n8 and this procedure goes on but Apple advertises its IPhone all the time because they have focused on only one product, and this is how the business is done.iOS comes with a nice GUI but from the first release it was disappointing till the latest one, just remember the first iPhone which was not able to record movies itself and some time later some people wrote an app for doing that, the iOS is always uncapable of handling memory card slot and it really is a weak mobile operating system, every app you want you have to pay for it even for useless ones and again i say the only reason it is selling is Apple's huge ads, for example i'm a fan of Top Gear tv show, in the 16 season of it i only saw one cell phone they were carrying and it was iPhone and it was not like it being their regular phone, they were always showing it to camera, so this will make some car fans get interested into iPhone not because of it just because those three in Top Gear are using it.Android is a complete different story, not all of its apps are free but you will always find a free alternative for your needed app just like your PC apps. this is a huge advantage for this platform and makes it more popular, before android being born i never were thinking about a mobile OS which be able to compete with iOS in united states, but now we can they are doing this. android is customizable yourself without needing too much of knowledge and you don't need to take your phone to a cell shop for installing some software on it. android is now competing iOS in tablets too and this is the thing apple afraid of. if you can buy an apple ipad today for around 500$ it is because samsung is forcing them to decrease their prices because of its Galaxy Tab, if the android tablets were not exist then probably you were not able to buy an apple ipad for less than 900$.I think android is just a start, we will see many other open source mobile OS coming in future, android is just astonishing in updates it gets a lot of updates and we can see 2.3 is out and some phones will get update for it, i think the reason why Apple is updating its iOS regularly is because of Android too. so android is not good for android fans it is even doing great job for iOS fan, it is forcing Apple to decrease their profit :P. anyway these are my thoughts and you are free to agree or disagree with them.

I had an android phone and i lost it weeks ago.There were only a few games compatable to my android phone.My friend have an Iphone 3GS and the games are much more real and the graphics are much more cooler.I was watching gameplay of Assasin Creed for Iphone and it's wery good.Ulnike the Android it is a 3d game.Ex. i was looking for EA racing game for my android phone and it was NFS Shift.Only that racing game for android was from EA!! few days ago i was playing NFS HP on Iphone and the graphics were just like PC.so if you want phone buy ZTE s302 and Ipod touch. ;)