xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dirty_keso

Windows 7 is it really better?

i have reading some posts online from different companies stating that windows have made major advancements in many aspects of the software provided. but my question is"is it truly worth the value and does it have any updates like service packs?" also can my computer run it or will it only wreak a negative effects?specs:3.03 processor512 ram32 bit256 video cardthanks in advance

Processor clock speed is fine. I advise you to get more RAM (2GB) for better performance, and a better video card if you want to use the Aero theme. Other than that, your fine (I guess). I think your better off getting atleast a 1GB or so ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, otherwise your going to be using the 7 Basic theme.Make sure also your BIOS can run the setup if you burn Windows 7, otherwise, suffer an endless reboot loop. ;)

i have reading some posts online from different companies stating that windows have made major advancements in many aspects of the software provided. but my question is"is it truly worth the value and does it have any updates like service packs?" also can my computer run it or will it only wreak a negative effects?specs:
3.03 processor
512 ram
32 bit
256 video card
thanks in advance

Windows 7 is totally worth the buy. It is fast to install and fun to use. I have been using the Ultimate Retail Edition which i got from Best Buy, for about 2 months now. All the programs that work on XP, work on Win7 for sure, so don't worry about compatibility. It also has a bunch of visual pleasing upgrades from XP and Vista. Check of the review for Windows7 here : http://gizmodo.com/5330609/windows-7-review-you-can-quit-complaining-now. I hope you make the switch. :P

Processor clock speed is fine. I advise you to get more RAM (2GB) for better performance, and a better video card if you want to use the Aero theme. Other than that, your fine (I guess). I think your better off getting atleast a 1GB or so ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, otherwise your going to be using the 7 Basic theme.
Make sure also your BIOS can run the setup if you burn Windows 7, otherwise, suffer an endless reboot loop. ;)

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my Desktop which is about 6 Years old now. And it running smooth as silk :P Aero is normal and fast. You don't need that much of a graphics, 256 is good, just get your ram to about 2GB. Im thinking of getting a new Desktop soon, for now, Im gonna stick to my Laptop though.

Specs:

2.93 GHz
1.50 GB Ram
512 Nvidia 5000-sumthing
32 bit

i have reading some posts online from different companies stating that windows have made major advancements in many aspects of the software provided. but my question is"is it truly worth the value and does it have any updates like service packs?" also can my computer run it or will it only wreak a negative effects?specs:
3.03 processor
512 ram
32 bit
256 video card
thanks in advance

windows 7 is nice man, i think it's worth the money (especially if you're not such a windows xp-fanatic) :D
i heard that windows 7 can be used in any windows that can use windows xp, though i think you should upgrade your ram to get the most benefit from this new generation from windows, maybe about 1gb should be fine, or maybe 2gb if you want more (well mine are dual channeled 4x1 gigs of ram so i don't find any trouble) :( it sure fast, faster than my stupid xp (and don't even try to mention vista ;) ), and the looks feel good especially if you have aero :P
currently it doesn't have any service packs, since it still new i suppose... but of course there is windows update where you can download the latest updates for your windows security exploits or other stuffs :P

Well, it is sure good to hear so much positive feedback on Windows 7, it's a far cry from when Vista came out and the uproar and disgust that surrounding that one. I haven't got to even see windows 7 yet, but am almost looking forward to it. I know I'll be due for a new computer soon and I was hoping something better than vista would come out before I had to get a new one. And of course, I love the Tv comercials about Windows 7, especially the french speaking girl with the adorable Wire Haired Fox Terrier on her computer! See, how many of you even knew what kind of dog it was?

you should just buy a new PC/Laptop with windows 7 ready, as windows 7 will cost an extra 100 pounds on top of what you have. You might as well buy a whole new system as your specs are quite old/basic

I have greatly enjoyed it, 10 tiems better then vista any day, granted it took some tiem getting use to and finding everything again. Of course, that is only a factor if your going from XP to Windows 7. Sadly my new computer got glitched somehow and so I have to reinstall the OS and hoping it fixes it ;), other then that it is worth going from XP to Win 7 and skipping Vista altogether.

In my opinion, win 7 is far superior to Vista in many ways: - Better use of the hardware (video card, processor, RAM) Win 7 accelerates the initiation of programs through technology SuperFecht introduced already on Vista, but substantially decreased fewer requests for the cache. - Multimedia greatly improved enough to see the benchmark tests with PCMark Vantage (the tests were done on photography, movies, games, communications, copy data, productivity ....) you see an Increased performance of 64%! - Startup and shutdown times much smaller than in Xp and Vista (the whole startup process for Windows 7 until the appearance of Bing, as a web page reference, using 14.5 seconds, compared with 18.5 and 23.7 for Vista XP). - Expansion of the kernel, which now provides excellent performance of parallel processes; - Multi-touch: the new Windows 7 supports the full multitouch, assuming that you have a compatible screen; - Threshold Maximum RAM for 32-bit maximum is 4, while up to a maximum of 192 GB on win 7 Ultimate 64-bit - XP Mode Mode Mode allows XP to run programs that are not compatible UAC-New: Windows 7, is a revised version of the UAC, highly customizable and characterized by the availability of four different levels of "attention"; -Improved interface -Sidebar: gadgets are no longer united in the sidebar by default but are scattered on the desktop, thus decreasing the impact in terms of RAM - Ribbon-style interface for the "classic" Paint, WordPad, calculator, etc.; - Windows PowerShell V2. .

I thought i'd add my own five cents to this discussion!let me advise all you guys to move to Linux Ubuntu!!I have used Windows Vista then 7 but none of that crappy software comes close to Linux!! it's so stable and easy to use, especially for someone who's always connected to the internet...it makes perfect sense to move open source because most of the plugins are available to make sure your transition from windows to linux is smooth and successful!!I hope you consider using Linux guys...seriously...it never crashes, and you can boot it from a 2gb flash-disk!!! Can you beat that!!

Hi!@dirty_kesoYour hardware is underpowered to run Microsoft Windows 7. If you are running Windows XP, you are getting the best value that you can from it. If you do wish to move to a more modern operating system, Linux us the way to go as roger112 has suggested.Windows 7 does introduce a new taskbar. It takes the grouping of windows from the same application to a different level and it is getting closer to where the Mac OS X is in terms of displaying larger program icons, displaying icons of applications that are not currently running (though some might say that it is the Quick Launch toolbar functionality). The biggest selling point of Windows 7 is the support for multi touch so unless you have got multi touch hardware, you don't really have a reason to upgrade.

I have Win 7 in my laptop and it works pretty smooth. It doesn't have those errors I get with my dad's computer running Vista and Aero is quite polished. I love the how buttons are ordered now on the taskbar as well as the new functionality of right-clicking on one of them and open a recent file or location... which I use mostly to open Firefox in the site I like, be it email or facebook.Also the gaming is pretty good and I managed to run some software that supposedly required a better graphic card than the Intel GMA HD that came bundled with my laptop.The only bad thing is that I still haven't found a good, secure software that could read Linux partitions, which I would like to have installed before I install Debian.