xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Photoshop Has Gona Crazy :(

i've been using photoshop for a while, but since a few days it gives an error and crashes after I start it up. The error is:

This pattern file is bad or corrupted

I already tried reinstalling Photshop, doesnt work :D Any suggestions?

Can't help you with that, but I have some other problem with Photoshop 7... It sometimes gives me "Out of memory" error when I try to change to a generic windows font, like Tahoma, Arial, Verdana... and when shutting him down, it crashes in cooltype.dll...Re-installing doesn't fix this, but, if I unregister cooltype.dll, then delete it, start Photoshop, it reports the .dll as missing, and shuts down, then I return cooltype.dll, and register it, and start Photoshop, it works again... Sometimes this unregister/delete/start/register procedure must be repaeated several times... Anyone has any idea?@Florisjuh: Try to get the file in question form some friend, and to copy it over this one... Maybe it will work...

"out of memory" obviously means you've got too many programns opened and your computer is "out of memory" I have that all the time all I gots to do is close everything and then it works again.When I had an older version of ps I had those errors I don't know what they are but they are all gone now.I have too many more SERIOUS problems with my comp..System restore doesn't do anything for me I still get the same errors etc.. Just do a TOTAL washout but save everything before you do that or you lose everything like I did.. :D

hmmmm...have u tried deleting all preferences?that worked for me.other times i just copied over the files that were causing problems from another computer, and photoshop booted up with no problems.I HAVE had several problems though with certain AMD processors.

Yea I have been having some of the same problems as all of you...But I still love this program it is very good for adjusting photos and making photos....Just some times they have little specs that are messed up that I wish they would just fix and then they would be set...

Can't help you with that, but I have some other problem with Photoshop 7...

"Out of memory" problem may occur if you have less than 256Mb in your RAM. Try to check also how many % of system Memory you gave to photoshop, you can do that simply when you open your photoshop and click on >> Edit >> Preferences >> Memory & Image Cache. Give your photoshop approx. 90% of system memory, if you are using it with large images.. and use 80% if you work with small images most the time...

Anyway you may get "Out of memory" problem when you using your fonts if you have too many fonts installed in your windows system folder... Try to check that. If you have more than 400 fonts installed try to remove some to get more system power and speed, as the overall system loads faster that way...

If you need all the fonts (and you use them daly) you may try to get an aplication "Adobe TypeManager" or some other font manager software, which allows you to make "font suitcases" with many fonts in them, and you can activate each "suitcase" when you need it, and deactivate it when you are not using them... that way you still have your fonts around and system is fast enough...

Now finally that crash in cooltype.dll - maybe the file is corrupted - you can download it for free from internet... check this code below:
File Name: Cooltype.dll File Size: 1.458.176File Version: 4.10.20File Company: Adobe Systems, Incorporated File Description: CoolType Typography Engine [URL=http://http://www.dlldump.com/dllfiles/C/CoolType.dll link[/URL]

I hope that I manage to help you out a bit... :)