xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

What Is The Meaning Of Life? you tell me the meaning of life

What do you think the meaning of life is?-----------------------------------------------What is the point of life? You get born. Then you have to work go to school, college, university for 60 years of your life. Then, when your too old to be "useful" you get send to some care home for 20 years to sit around and be bored. That's what I understand.Anybody here disagree?

What do you think the meaning of life is?

-----------------------------------------------

What is the point of life? You get born. Then you have to work go to school, college, university for 60 years of your life. Then, when your too old to be "useful" you get send to some care home for 20 years to sit around and be bored.

That's what I understand.

Anybody here disagree?

49991[/snapback]

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is:

:D

The meaning of life is something HUMANs made up. To animals and other living things, life is just surviving (food, sleep, etc.). What is the meaning of their lives? There is none. It's really just being part of an eco system that developed because that's how those living things survive (read Darwin's theory and ecosystem).The meaning of life to humans should technically be the same as for animals. The meaning of our lives is to live out our part of the ecosystem. The problem is that we (humans) got smart and developed a brain that could consider alternate realities (ie. daydream, planning, etc.).Because of the ability to think, we get to choose our own "meaning of life". I think the real meaning of life is defined by what YOU want it to be. It will be different for every person and for every person it will be the correct answer.

No offence to religious people, but this is my own knowledge...cough opinion; You get born, you waste your life working for other people and being commanded around; you become emotionally stressed, sad, you become old and you die. If you look back on your life you say, gee what have i done in the past 70 years? Well, nothing really, human issues are so sad, give me the stone age when the people were real and the real issues were food; not :"oh my god! she dumped me, boohoo" - these simple teenage life activities are merely calls for attention. We're all sheep, but i'm not, i choose to live my own life, and when i'm dead/dying, i won't care because it's just a process that's been repeating itself for millions of years. Why would the loss of one person lead to so much crying across the world (say a popstar), if i died; who would care? The meaning of life is actually love, you want somebody to love you and vice versa, theres nothing else too it. Jasper, clean the dishes - yes mother...

Living life to the fullest with no regrets - make your mark on the planet and have fun doing it.

this could go 1 of 2 ways but i think both are kinda the same. If you beleive that we were created by a higher being or if you beleive in evoloution it dosent matter. If you beleive in evoloution the microscopic thing had to be made somewhere by something. So, having said that i think that the meaning of life is basicly to live and keep the balance of all living things in order for them to work properly solely for the pleasue of whatever created the whole plan. If you think about it all things are made from nature. even "man-made" stuff because they all start from something that can be found in nature. So the meaning of life is to just be and have fun. But this is just my opioion.

This is really odd, since I just found the point/meaning to life on a run last night. Like said before, there is no point. I reached this idea by imagining if a nuclear weapon were to detonate in my area, killing me and everyone I've ever known. Was there a point to my life? I left no mark, no legacy, I'm just a forgotten victim to history. Or a grander scale, the entire earth is destroyed. Did anything matter? The truth is, no matter what we do, it is all meaningless. Sure, quality of your life can be improved, but the outcome is the same none the less. Life is not static. Nothing in the Universe is static...everything we know changes randomly, possibly dynamically. Also said before, a meaning to life is a human feature added by our lovely higher brain functions.

Work hard so your children, and your children's children, and your children's children?s children (etc.) can live a better life, until we all go 1m down under the ground (and hopefully to a better place).BTW: You can actually enjoy your own life while you are at it! :D

Tell me no one expected that.  :D

50722[/snapback]

well, douglas adams fans would expect that of course. :D otherwise, they wont -- especially the younger generation. and it's a legitimate answer to the question, as everything else that came after my post. why? since there is no definite answer to the mystery of life's meaning, so no answer is wrong. :D don't tell me you have the CORRECT answer to the meaning of life? :D

I believe that the basic part of life is to live a life where you are proud of everything that you do. No matter if others say it is wrong or right, just do it. Anything at all. Even if it means you hurt others, do it. Just as long as you are prepared to pay the consequences. I have hurt people in the past and I payed my due to society and I am still proud I hurt them because it made me happy to defend my friends. So go out. Do something :D Anything, that makes you happy.

What is the meaning of life? One of the most controversial question of all times. My belief is that Life is just surviving and enjoy it. The most important thing about life, IMO is that people care for each other, helping each other and not be selfish. Wars is the only thing that is in the way for this philosophy (that is why I hate Bush, for starting pointless wars for so called "Weapons of Mass Destruction".)xboxrulz

The basic meaning in life is to, secceed and forfull your set goals. Also to learn the lessons in life and to succeed in school. After that get a good job, live life as it is, have a great time, and live your life to the max and the longest. Thats what I truley think. ;)