xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Can't Shout? Can't Send Pm's?

A little while ago I was chatting with BuffaloHelp and Jonnyabc and all of a sudden, when I typed and pressed enter nothing would happen, and it would appear no one saw my shouts, so I refreshed, nothing. tried it in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.. nothing. so I send BuffaloHelp a PM, it would seem he did not receive it... is this just a problem I'm experiencing or am I banned from the SB and PM's??

A little while ago I was chatting with BuffaloHelp and Jonnyabc and all of a sudden, when I typed and pressed enter nothing would happen, and it would appear no one saw my shouts, so I refreshed, nothing. tried it in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.. nothing. so I send BuffaloHelp a PM, it would seem he did not receive it... is this just a problem I'm experiencing or am I banned from the SB and PM's??

Forum has been acting up today. I don't think you've been banned if you're allowed to post. Obviously I'm not knowledgeable in this area though. I bet it does go back to what we we discussing about the severe time delay on the Shoutbox. Edited by Jonnyabc (see edit history)

Yea I experience problems with the shoutbox ever single day. I don't think they care since I have seen numerous amount of topics about the Shoutbox acting up. I send a shout and nothing. I can still send PMs though. I think its only happening to you because of today Xisto has been kind of weird. It seems fixed now but I'll still experience problems in the near future and no one will care including the Admins until it happens to them.

I received two PM's from Soviet Rathe, and you're not banned from the shoutbox (as per answering your two PM's).

When did you get the PM's? I sent them a few minutes after I stopped talking in the shoutbox. they may have been delayed because of the messed up server time..

Well i said this earlier and i want to ask all those who are into IPB forums. Do you know any other better alternative for the shoutbox ? If so then please give it away and ask opaque to test things out. Also i noticed that shoutbox on asta is working fine,is it default one or some 3rd party ?

yea, this is actually been a huge problem a lot of users have complained about. a bigger problem than the time differences. i haven't been able to post in a the shout box a couple times myself. refreshing, signing out and back in wont fix it. while some wont be able to type in the shout box, most others WILL still be able to continue shouting. it gets really annoying. especially when you are typing back and forth discussing something and then all of a sudden don't have access.

I have had also expericened this problem a couple of times during the last few days, but not today :) Also, sometimes, it would seem that i can't enter a new thread or sometimes i can't post in a thread.

Well i said this earlier and i want to ask all those who are into IPB forums. Do you know any other better alternative for the shoutbox ? If so then please give it away and ask opaque to test things out. Also i noticed that shoutbox on asta is working fine,is it default one or some 3rd party ?

As I have said in This post and other posts, this forum needs Inferno Shoutbox. but after I investigated this forum, I can now say that the problem Does Not lay with the shoutbox. it's a problem with the server, because not only is shoutbox timing off, but posts are too!

the problem is very strange because it should be happening to everyone, but it doesn't, it seems to be quite random who it chooses to affect and now much they are off, I have never seen anything like this and I'm sure it's got the admins stumped aswell. but rest assured there is nothing wrong with the shoutbox. :)

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Hmm, in that case there is some issue with timezone and database. Opaque needs to look at that. I don't know maybe have to delete many spam or closed threads. not sure if he deletes that or not for SEO reasons. but have to see what he does for taking load out of server. Thanks for pointing to that thread i didn't looked it up or followed anymore so missed that post.