xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyabc

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Movie Rating  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What does everyone think about the new Sherlock Holmes movie? I myself have not seen it, though I am a HUGE fan of the original (book) series. When you reply to this, please specify if this is pretty much the first time you've seen or heard of Sherlock Holmes, or if you are a big of a fan of it as I am.

I really enjoy this film, although there were a few things that really don't fit how I imagined Sherlock Holmes.. but heck, I went to see Guy Ritchie's film, I'm not a big fan of Holmes.For example, that stuff of Holmes pitfighting and both Watson and him in the world of street fights mmmm... it seemed as if Ritchie wanted to add something from his previous films but ended up making it "Van Helsing" style feel- maybe a bit more of mystery and ingeniousness and less of fists may have worked better.As for the cast, well, Downey Jr. plays outstandingly, adding to the character that odd side of himself. But Jude Law's performance was another story... I reckon it's not the actor for the role, too young for it maybe?Not to forget is the awesome work in scenery and bluescreen they did for this film. Really. Victorian London look with that nasty, cloudy, grim feel was much more realistic than in other films portrayed to similar times (e.g. Sweeney Todd).All in all, it was a very good film to enjoy in your free time. It doesn't have the quality to become another "Snatch" but... I guess the director has made enough money to make more films later.

I really didn't find the point in making the movie, there was alot of hype for the movie, and they played the trailers over and over, but the movie was pretty much lame. They should've not even tried to make one, in my opinion. The story and everything just sucked but the acting was,umm, okay..? It wasn't the film i was expecting, thats probably why i write such a bad review about it. I think i thought it was going to be superb, and built up the level of it, thats probably why. Downey acting good, but i think he did a better job than the iron man movie('s' 2nd one is going to come out) :)

Well, this movie was quite lame, I think the only ones who really made good Sherlock Holmes movie were the Russians (quite a long time ago), I saw different versions, including the new 2009 version, it sucked, it's much better to read the book :DBut still, I sae much worse movies, if there's nothing better at the cinema, you can watch Sherlock Holmes, I think that kids Today who are at least 10-14 years old, will want to watch the new version and not the retro versions :)

I liked this movie. Robert downey Jr did a gerat performance in this movie. I didn't like his acting man but this movie was simply great. The way he played sherlock holmes character was simply superb from him. Antagonist was average and there was not much resistance i feel for sherlock holmes but still they showed some scenes like glass weapon and trick of hanging was really great. Nice movie i must say.

i too didn't like this movie compared to the older ones, but the modern feel of it was a bit exciting. i had to see the movie twice to understand what's going on, but on the whole i think it was not a waste of time entirely. but still i feel the best thrill of holmes can be felt only through the books and not the movies. in books it's exciting to read about what is happening and the little details make it fun. it's hard to show these things in movies and people who have trouble following the accent (like me ;)) will not enjoy the clever dialogues thoroughly. this was a good effort and the acting was also not bad, but it will never ever beat the books or at least the old movies.