xisto Community
Snix

Right When I Fall Asleep I Stop Breathing? Scary

So it's like 5 in the morning I have tried to fall asleep about 12 times now everytime I do the sec I fall asleep I stop breathig randomly. I have to like remind myself to breath it's really weird it happened once before when I was a kid but never again untill now. I'm honestly scared To go back to sleep. I told my friend about it and he said my lungs were failing.... doubt that, anyone no why his is happning??

try this other link on trap similar to your case....

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54971-dying-in-my-sleep-forcing-myself-to-wake-up-to-avoid-my-heart-from-stopping/

So it's like 5 in the morning I have tried to fall asleep about 12 times now everytime I do the sec I fall asleep I stop breathig randomly. I have to like remind myself to breath it's really weird it happened once before when I was a kid but never again untill now. I'm honestly scared To go back to sleep. I told my friend about it and he said my lungs were failing.... doubt that, anyone no why his is happning??

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

moved from Entertainment sub-forumI really think you need to discuss this issue with your family doctor. Make an appointment in the AM.It won't cost you anything.Are you under any stress at this time of your life? School? Job? relationship?How is your general health? Are you fit and active throughout the day?Any history of this in your family? Are you eating well? Any change in diet? When did you have your last cup of coffee?Lots of things that might be touching this experience off, as the above questions indicate.I hope you figure it out soon.

yea, since it doesn 't happen all the time, it may be stress related. i remember certain periods of time when i was really stressed and my thoughts were on overload, hard to sleep anyway, when i did fall asleep, that second, i would catch myself because i would be holding my breath. when i wake up, i would let my breath out and try again :) it is a somewhat discomforting feeling and sometimes scarey. if it IS stress, i would suggest trying to clear your mind before going to sleep and thing of GOOD things only. things that relax you. also, if it's just stress, you might want to consider taking a medication that will help you put you to sleep.but yea, i would seriously consider talking to a doctor. i personally don't trust everything they say and sometimes they use people as guinae pigs, but they would know better than the average joe.

you maybe got the Sleep apnea, do you have a cousin or a sibling? let him/her discover how many minutes you stop breatingand you must go to the doctor right away and not to let it become more harmful