xisto Community
Jonnyabc

Google Wave The sine of the future

The time has come to Wave in the new future. For some of you guru's out there, you may have already heard rumors of the new Google Wave. Will it be the newest, biggest form of communication, or is it a tangent off the graph?

Google Wave ( https://support.google.com/answer/1083134?hl=en ) is a mix between email, instant messenger, forums, and blogging. This is not including the other novelty features, such as live chat, where you can see the letters appear on your screen instead of waiting for the other person to type their paragraph and click Send. Or how about collaboration tools? I'm not even including their real-time translator that near borderlines to Star Trek technology.

If you haven't heard of it, watch the entire Google Wave video...I'm sure you'll be amazed as I was. Locate the sign-up link on the home page to request an invitation to their Beta version and invite your friends!

If you have heard of it, or you have now followed the steps in the previous paragraph, what do you think?

When you see me online next time, don't forget to "Wave me"!

Well Buzz is boring and it is just twitter clone+ threaded comment offer there. Nothing much over there. Wave is also on similar lines of buzz+email. Wave has lot of option there than buzz. i have seen some people making their business around on wave api. there are some games and features so far for the wave.But it seems that there is decline of usage for wave. I don't know how many people are using wave as of now. but i have just used it 2-3 times. tested few apps and that's all to it. But seriously wave is much better than buzz, buzz is some social spying that will be done on your email box. i mean for facebook and stuff you have to logout to do that social work, but now towards mailbox is just too much.

It seems to work fine as a collaboration tool, however, the 'Beta' nature of the product, and the lack of availability of accounts creates a problem in that there is not enough coverage for the members of the World Wide Web. If you have a ton of friends or co-workers on the Beta application, and information to collaborate with, it would be fine, but as a general web application, I have almost zero use for it.It is also difficult to search out those who currently are running the application. It needs to have a friend finding side to it, like Skype does or Facebook. On those applications, you can seek out people and connect. I have not found a method to do that in Google wave. Maybe I'll re-visit the account and see if that has been recently added.I'm looking forward to using the facilities, but I can't imagine what I can use it for.By the way, I have Invitations if anyone needs them. PM or email me. Or search for the Invitation thread here on the Xisto.

I don't like buzz even if it is a twitter like feature because no followers and people hearing my buzz simple because my google account doesn't have enough friends or contacts.I will still go and use the Twitter because it's useful and fun.However the Wave maybe become the future communication because me myself tested it already and it is niceand fast. All in one place..

Well we know that it is not like google buzz. but the buzz is making more buzz than wave. wave serves different set of application than buzz and it is totally different. Google buzz is like friendfeed, just services removed and made google only. i prefer friendfeed over google buzz as there is more chances of doing things and promoting with friendfeed than google buzz. So i'm sticking with friendfeed for promotion and connecting with multiple social networks.

:) No offense, but I wrote this article to discuss Google Wave and see what people thought of it. In all pursuits, Google Buzz is fine too, but my interests were focused on Wave. If we want to talk about Buzz, let's start another topic.

I used the bots a couple of times, and I tested with a couple of friends, but it seems pretty weird to me. I mean would you really use something like that? I still think that Word and revisions work out better because a lot of time, you need to change things and put parts together not always keep the current revision. I still think that email and wave should stay separate, and in the future, it should not be combined. What do you guys think? Even if wave was introduced back then as email, we would have found something else instead of wave for mail. It doesn't actually allow you to send a uneditable message, and that message becomes public if you don't change your settings. I for one don't trust it but still the fact that you can implement your own Google Wave on your server is pretty amazing. Like a corporate intranet could setup Waves for each department and have them collaborate together. Hope that all the Wave services will be linked together, by choice of course since it wouldn't be right to link corporate and personal accounts together. On another note, if anyone needs an invite, just PM me, and I'll give you one, got 14 or more to go, (invited all my accounts)