xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

How I Can Force Dreams

I just recently learned a while ago from my alarm clock resetting that if I sleep long periods of time I can dream and remember them. It seems like for a long time I haven't really dreamed and remembered when I awoke for a while until a few days ago. When I don't have something to wake me up I can sleep for 18 hours straight and the only thing that wakes me up is the pain in my bladder because I have to go to the bathroom so badly. I told my doctor about being able to sleep that long he said go to bed earlier. I found this happened even if I fell asleep at 7:00 PM which is what I did yesterday and woke up around 4 which is still pretty bad. Anyways when my alarm clock first didn't go off I dreamt and remembered it. It was a bunch of random series of dreams that I'm not going to go into because then you guys will think I'm a crazy person. I'll tell you how almost all my dreams go theat I can remember at least. First I'm gifted with some type of crazy ability I find myself being chased by people for whatever reason. Then some type of animal comes into the picture and for whatever reason I love it and then I lose it somehow whether it dies, runs, away or whatever. I know crazy right? I wake up feeling sad then I'm like okay what did I dream about then I remember and I laugh because the moment I awake I really feel sad. I find these dreams only happening when I sleep a long time and I was wondering if this was weird or something. Does this happen to anyone else ( Not the actual dream forget that craziness but the sleeping for a long time ). So I tested this theory the next night and once again I awake with a very similair dream but the main point is I dreamed and remembered. I just thought this was weird.

Everyone dreams, but not all of us remember. Your dream seems fairly typical of a sort of trying to get something like a girl or exam result etc... and then getting it (the animal you love) then loosing it, or perhaps you already have the thing you desire and you are afraid that you are loosing it or someone is trying to take it from you.If it is recurring then it is trying to tell you something, and it wont stop until you listen.

every dream has a reason my friend sometimes its reciprocal of your dreams that it will going to happen but in some different ways like the ability you are saying and chasing by many people maybe you are a law fighter there and many bad guys are mad at you because of your good deeds sometimes it's just like that. I also do have dreams but when I woke up only a few of those dreams that I remembered and about the force your dreams, well you can force and control your dreams if you can control your imagination. Dreams come from our good imaginations and imagination is the most important thing than knowledge :).You are not that weird man and you are not crazy because it's a normal thing that many person have the same problem as yours and experience the same thing as yours, as i've said earlier our imaginations are the one who is responsible in our dreams when we want to become a superhero then we can think about it and it can happen in our dreams we have super and extra ordinary powers but in personal example policemans or teachers or parents those are some of the superheroes that I know.So if you become a loving parent in your future, it means that your dreams become true. Like I said it happens and truely happens in different way.

I don't know what it means. My main point here was to ask anyone else if they experience this. Sleeping in for ridiculous ammounts of time and then remembering what you dreamt about. I think I've heard some where that you can't not dream but you can always forget it. You seem to know what your talking about. Why is it that when I sleep a lot I remember my dreams? I also don't understand what this dream means. I can get one thing out of it because there's one part I didn't tell you. I always get a giant bag of pot (:) Don't laugh at me I'm not joking) and all I can think is I'm going to lose this when I wake up, or maybe I want. So then I hope. Are my dreams telling me I should go smoke pot? Well anyways I can't because probation / house arrest. Its still funny to think about.

well my friend maybe that giant bag of pot means something, or bring good luck into you lol you are not ridiculous I remember a few dreams but some good dreams are easy to forget when I woke up but bad dreams are all that I can remember but not the full story, I also dream about flying and fighting with a giant men that was the cause of my imaginating so much things about giants..and maybe that big bag you are talking about means that you will become rich sometimes just go grab it and pursue with your work or studies so that it will happen, in our tradition dreams are so important because it gives some meaning. When I sleep in a ridiculous amount of time hmm I didn't remember if I do dream about something or what aha well I just don't know

Everyone has dreams. on average you have around 14 dreams every night lasting between a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes so you are dreaming, as it is scientifically proven that you always dream. As conscious mind is reluctant to accept an alternate plain of existence, which the subconscious mind can comprehend quite easily, thats why you have crazy ones. Any dream that you wake up and have some memory of tend to fall in this category. They are usually personal issues ,our fantasies and our beliefs. Typical examples are of waking up, going to the washroom or a normal everyday pattern you follow when you wake up. Only to wake up again to realize that all that was just a dream. This is where 'lucid' dreaming and semi-conscious dreaming are sharing your waking-consciousness. If you have these dreams, it's a small step over to lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is probably one of the best forms of dreaming that I can think of. You extend your conscious existence into a realm where you are the creator. Anything imaginable can be expressed in fluid graceful motion in this dreamscape. If you want to do more 'experiments' with the weird dreams you are having, try these tips:

Set your alarm clock to wake you at a specified point during the night. If you are worried about waking either yourself or a partner, then drinking several large glasses of water prior to bed may be another way to assure you will awake (and thus remember dreams).

Establish regular sleep routines. This means starting your night of sleep in the same position every night, as well as going to bed and waking at the same time. Do not eat heavy meals before bed as this will interfere with your sleep cycle and your ability to remember dreams.

If you want more information on this topic, you can (of course) search google or go to Squidoo "How to remember Dreams"!
Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

I always dream too, but usually when you go to sleep and wake up and only remember black spot, and can't remember anything, so it usually means that you slept well.Also, from my experience, I remember dreams only before waking up and if I don't think about them or don't write it somewhere, I just forget them while going to the bathroom..As it's been offered, setting your alarm clock every 30 minutes, you might dream a lot if you're sleepy, I remember such interesting sleeps, like I open my eyes, I see my room and that I'm waking up, I close my eyes and I continue to dream th same dream, I'm not joking :D after a while I understand that I'm waking up, but try to dream further with the thought that I know that I'm dreaming and know about it, but I usually wake up, but it's quite strange, something like day dreaming? :)It's best for me to sleep very well and not remember those dreams, but I always hate such times, when I need to go to sleep lets say 11 PM and I close my eyes, I later open them and feel like I slept for a minute, but when I watch at the clock, it's already 7 AM and I need to wake up, even though I slept so well, I really feel psychologically that I slept only for a minute and thats annoying :(

I could be wrong, but I don't think the amount of time you sleep has anything to do with your dreaming. You only dream in certain sleep states, and everyone dreams most nights, it's just that most of us don't remember. Now there is a way to remember your dreams if you want to do that. I actually tried it and it worked, however, my dreams are pretty weird too, so after awhile I found I was driving myself crazy worrying about what all these dreams meant that I could now remember, so I had to force myself to stop remembering my dreams.

Apparently cheese is the best way to induce dreams (though some say it induces nightmares) but other than that I'm not really sure how to force yourself to dream. You dream every night, its whether you remember in the morning or not that you are presumably trying to change. Well I know from experience that smoking marijuana before you go to sleep makes you less likely to remember your dreams, and cheese is the only thing I've heard that makes it more likely.

So you want to say that I need to eat lots of cheese before going to bed and in the morning it will be more likely I will remember what I've dreamed of?

If you want to dream about something you must think of it all of the time. This what I think and that happened to me. When I liked a girl, and continued thinking about it all days and hours then she also appeared at my dreams too.

ummm, try cutting that #14 in half, then you can get a more realistic # in how many dreams a person usually has a night given an 8 hour sleep period haha. also, rem, known better as rapid eye movement is associated to a dream state. dreams can last as long as 30 minutes. there ARE different sleep levels. the higher levels, like when you first close your eyes to sleep, your dreams can last maybe 1-2 minutes or less. the deeper you are in your sleep though is the potential of longer dreams.

i would also like to point out the fact that the link you gave didn't show anything about any dreams or how to remember dreams. maybe one has to be a member for it to show? i don't know. i am not a member and although the webpage was active, it gave absolutely no information.

Everyone has dreams. on average you have around 14 dreams every night lasting between a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes so you are dreaming, as it is scientifically proven that you always dream.

If you want more information on this topic, you can (of course) search google or go to Squidoo "How to remember Dreams"!

Last up to 30 minutes? I have never been in a dream and looked at my watch wondering why its been 30 minutes before. So they last 30 minutes but they don't actually feel like thirty minutes? If its supposed to feel like 30 minutes as well then I have never had that happen. All my dreams ( The ones I remember ) are around 30 seconds to a minute. They are also never real. They never feel real I mean. It just feels like pictures almost. Like if I was to remember something from my past right not that's exactly how my dreams are. Memory like.