xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Firefox 3.6 Released Now with more awesomeness

Firefox 3.6 was just released. Here's what Mozilla put as the main release notes.

Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox's appearance with a single click.

Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.

Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.

Improved JavaScript performance, overall browser responsiveness, and startup time.

The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.

Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.

Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.

Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.

Changes to how third-party software can integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.

I find the Personas actually kind of cool. Makes using the default theme a little better anyway. There's no way to use them with third party themes though, which is fine in my opinion. It looks like most of the changes were under the hood though. I just installed it about 10 minutes ago so I haven't really had a chance to notice if it's any more snappy or anything. We shall find out over the next few days though.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ to install (or just update from within the browser).

hey thank you for sharing this one I didn't know that there is a new version of FireFox :) so excited to tryand and see whats new about this update. about the Persona thing is that a good theme? well maybe I must golook for my self because we have different taste at designs at all XD.

hey thank you for sharing this one I didn't know that there is a new version of FireFox :D so excited to tryand and see whats new about this update. about the Persona thing is that a good theme? well maybe I must go
look for my self because we have different taste at designs at all XD.

If you hadn't found out about Firefox 3.6 and you are using Firefox , then you should seriously turn your updates on, trust me it keeps the computer safe. Also, 'Persona' is not a theme as Mozilla puts it it is

Personas are easy-to-install, easy-to-use themes that change the look of your Firefox web browser

After you install Personas , a button will appear in the left corner , which you can choose your Persona skin, it downloads and installs in under a second. Opera is also designing a built-in plug-in that it is similar(its actually not similar, its a copycat :( ) to Persona. If you are going to get Persona than try 'Japaneses Tattoo'. :)

Already got the personas and themes. Had them for a few months now through an addon, it has a built in gallery of hundreds of personas to choose from as well as the top 15 or 20.

Doesn't seem like any real changes there. That talk about the addons though. Thats why I changed to Chrome because I had these four very annoying addons that came from no where and could not be removed or disabled. So I guess thats what they are talking about? Anyways I think anyone should use this. Just as long as they are not using Internet Explorer. :)

I have been using the bets versions of 3.6 for a while now, this last time it updated the BETA thing was gone from the title so I assume I have the released version now lol.I've noticed some minor improvements and it loads a little faster now so that's cool.I'm using the theme called aero fox, where's that Personas thing? I can't seem to find it. :I

I prefer the version I am on now. Can not be botherd to update it.I am not sure what version I am on, but I have turned down a few auto updates already.I should probably download this version. How good is it?Buggy or glitched? I just want to make sure its worth it, before I spend the hassle of trying to get an older version back.

I've been really irritated with Firefox lately. I have the problem where Firefox won't open and will show up in the task manager and it won't End Process when I try to close it so I can load Firefox again. I really hope they fixed that in the new edition because it's really beenaggravating waiting like 5 minutes just to close Firefox in Task Manager. Fortunately,I haven't had that problem with the new version and I hope it stays that way:/

Firefox also includes - The total destruction of Trap 17. Firefox 3.6 is guaranteed to break the shoutbox. And totally screw the rich text editor! Seriously guys it does all of those. For some reason version 3.6 is really messed up when it comes to Xisto. I recently installed Firefox for all of a day before switching back to chrome. So anyone experiencing any of these problems this is the reason.

Firefox also includes - The total destruction of Trap 17. Firefox 3.6 is guaranteed to break the shoutbox. And totally screw the rich text editor! Seriously guys it does all of those. For some reason version 3.6 is really messed up when it comes to Xisto. I recently installed Firefox for all of a day before switching back to chrome. So anyone experiencing any of these problems this is the reason.

I didn't experience the rich text editor yet but the chatbox problem yes I do and its annoying thats why I am using chrome here in Xisto but have another bug also, is it the browser we have? or just the shout script itself? the firefox new themes personas
is great as well xD yeah I saw some

No, I don't think it's a problem with the new firefox, I have had no problems with the new one that I didn't have with the old one, I have always had a problem with the Rich Text editor but that didn't bother me, I just used the standard one. and as far as the spell check problem you have, mine still works :/

I love firefox, way more than IE.But I feel like.. i unno.. i just feel like mozilla is going down the crapper now.Like, lately mozilla has been experiencing some odd bugs for me, it could be because i'm on win7 or something.but when i open mozilla on a fresh new page, it freezes and i have to wait about 2mins or something, which is annoying.I'm going to perhaps see what happens if I update it :)maybe it'll be better thanks for the hintz of the update :D

3.6 often doesnFirefox 3.6 Released

Many times, when I try to click a link for a new page, FF loads it about halfway and hangs.  This happens about 2/3 of the time (in my estimation) and sometimes clicking reload brings it up and sometimes clicking it 3-4 times will, but too often it never loads.  However when I switch to IE8 there's no problem with speed or page loads.

I'm going to try and reinstall FF, but if that doesn't fix the problem (the same thing happens on my Wife's machine-both XP sp3 ) I may have to just use IE exclusively.

Believe me, switching to IE is not a preferred solution as I have been using Firefox for several years and love it.

-reply by Jim Smith