xisto Community
The Simpleton

Are You On Farmville?

These games die and come back to life depending on your friends list! I stopped playing for a whlie because I was too bored, and luckily most of my friends stopped too. Then some idiot discovered some sort of new feature and started pulling in others too and eventually I started getting all sorts of silly requests as well. After constant pestering by my friends I added the Farmville application again, and I was annoyed to see that it had remembered all my data from the previous time. While this meant I didn't have to start from level 1 again, it also meant that even if I delete the application now, it will still have access to all of my data it had collected :angry:

FarmVille is really hard to play. I have too much work,school,web development and no time for FarmVille. There is a farmville mania i hate. People pay to others to grow their farm and to give them gifts. So stupid.Also there are competitions who is on the 40th level or 41th level and people like the ones with the most cash :ph34r: This is disaster. Just trying to find out the profit of FarmVille authors... Thousands $$$. I know many people who paid about 50 euros to get farmville cash.

FarmVille is really hard to play. I have too much work,school,web development and no time for FarmVille. There is a farmville mania i hate. People pay to others to grow their farm and to give them gifts. So stupid.
Also there are competitions who is on the 40th level or 41th level and people like the ones with the most cash :ph34r: This is disaster. Just trying to find out the profit of FarmVille authors... Thousands $$$. I know many people who paid about 50 euros to get farmville cash.

Farmville is actually not hard to play. It's designed sensibly so that people don't spend too much time playing. Imagine how it would have been if there wasn't so much waiting time for the crops to get ready. The fanatics would be playing 24X7 just to level up faster! Even now, with all the waiting time, there are people who spend hours decorating their farms and doing other useless stuff. So actually it's not hard to play but requires a lot of patience and self-control.

But I'll agree that the developers are now concentrating on milking more money out of the players. They keep introducing new items that can only be bought by cash and the fanatics spend real money to buy these silly items. Now there is another feature introduced which is the instant harvesting of crops, done by a bi-plane. The twist is that you can't use fuel for the plane, but have to pay FV cash to fly it (first flight is free). So people who want to level up real soon will keep buying cash and spending it to fly the plane so that they can get XP much faster than their neighbours. The addiction never stops!

I don't play on FarmVille, never have and probably never will.Even though I've never played the game I absolutely hate it! With all the notifications it sends on to your facebook latest news feed every time your friend plays, it's irritating and I feel it's nearly going as far as being spam.On some friends profiles I've had to mark the FarmVille status feeds as being spam and clicking on the hide button. To be honest I don't care whether any of my friends have found any treasures on their farm!

I cannot play FarmVille. The game is too redundant and it's ridiculous. I have played for for about a week spending around 10 minutes a day (planting, cropping, etc.) and then I quit. I have like 23234652452624 requests for me to be a neighbor from all of my friends and I never even bothered to click ignore on all of the requests. I also hate how apps spam your wall (both including yourself and your friends). I go down checking to see what my friends are up to and I see, FarmVille, MafiaWars, tons of other Zynga games, etc.

I also don't play Farmville even though it seems to be popular, but now a lot of whom as I noticed stops playing it, I think do to it got bored a little or some newer games have appeared. I don't see any point in games like Farmville, but the fact remains, that it's addicting, when you start playing it, it's quite hard to stop :D

I also don't play Farmville even though it seems to be popular, but now a lot of whom as I noticed stops playing it, I think do to it got bored a little or some newer games have appeared. I don't see any point in games like Farmville, but the fact remains, that it's addicting, when you start playing it, it's quite hard to stop :D

Well, it depends. I quit right after a few days of playing the game. I (and probably a lot of other people agree with me) really found the game repetitive and boring. I do agree with you with the fact that it is addicting to a lot of people. I believe that most of the reasons why people like to play these games is because they just like the pleasure of seeing their money and exp go up as they progress through the game. Most people do not realize themselves that they like the fact that they get rewarded (with virtual currency/experience) for activities they perform on the game. People also tend to treat virtual pixels as real, tangible items. This may sound weird but just think about it. If you ever played a game say like, "Maplestory", and you get a Zakum Helmet, you get excited and start to brag about all of your friends. This is why MMORPGs like World of Warcraft are so popular and get gamers hooked on (for ridiculous amounts of time). There is an article on Cracked that mentions how players keep playing to avoid losing the things they work for. For example, if you do not water your plants on FarmVille, they will die and you will eventually end up having to plant new ones.

I played bakery game for few weeks and i found it bit addictive. Most of my friends abandoned bakery game now and there is nothing interesting left. Game progresses very slowly and after some time you lose track of it. Farm-ville is on same style of game. It's just that you put more effort with farmville than on bakery. I don't think such games worth it anymore on FB. I'm getting back to same old social stuff.

I played bakery game for few weeks and i found it bit addictive. Most of my friends abandoned bakery game now and there is nothing interesting left. Game progresses very slowly and after some time you lose track of it. Farm-ville is on same style of game. It's just that you put more effort with farmville than on bakery. I don't think such games worth it anymore on FB. I'm getting back to same old social stuff.

Most of the games found on facebook usually have the same concept like Cafe World, Restuarant City, FishVille, YoVille, Hotel City, Happy Pets, Happy Aquarium, etc. These games are going to be dominating the facebook game world for a while before they start to decline. A lot of people seemed to be pretty hooked to these games even though the concept is so simple. Some people don't even go on Facebook for the social network but for the games. These games are just something that "everyone" does. I think that it is the competition between the people in your buddy list that feeds these games. These games are promoted by the players. The games prompt them to send invites to all of their friends in return of an incentive in the game. This is why you get all of these game invitations on facebook.

Most of the games found on facebook usually have the same concept like Cafe World, Restuarant City, FishVille, YoVille, Hotel City, Happy Pets, Happy Aquarium, etc. These games are going to be dominating the facebook game world for a while before they start to decline. A lot of people seemed to be pretty hooked to these games even though the concept is so simple. Some people don't even go on Facebook for the social network but for the games. These games are just something that "everyone" does. I think that it is the competition between the people in your buddy list that feeds these games. These games are promoted by the players. The games prompt them to send invites to all of their friends in return of an incentive in the game. This is why you get all of these game invitations on facebook.

These days i have noticed there is some rise in test or survey based games. For examples, "how cool are you?", find out your favorite color ?" or "where you want to be in next five years". These types of games are annoying and they also take some information from profile and annoy by sending invites. I found more than 10 such invites right now on my facebook page.

I don't know why facebook allow so much lame applications, there should be limit on such apps. and there also needs to be quick opt-out from the apps. Right now it asks us to go through settings in order to remove app which is painful.

These days i have noticed there is some rise in test or survey based games. For examples, "how cool are you?", find out your favorite color ?" or "where you want to be in next five years".

Yesss, I do. The worst application in this category is the app that spams everyones wall with, "________ (insert name here) just answered a question about you." I get those all of the time and it is very annoying.