xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Google's Mysterious Hidden Countdown what is it?

Anyone noticed this countdown from Google lately?

Posted Image

It only appears when you click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" without any search term entered. Just click the button.

My image shown is seconds that leads up to New Year, 2010. The question isn't about why it is counting down to New Year but is google going to launch, reveal something in 2010? With google's marketing ways anything goes.

wow thats cool! its the day when google is going to unleash its secret army and take over the worlds as we know it! But,seriously thats freaky.

interesting. it is definately a countdows to new years. i did the figures and either i'm off by a second, or google is. as what i have estimated was that the countdown ends 1 second before new years. it could be that i am off by a second though.a countdown timer for new years doesn't really impress me. so when i think about google having one linked to their main search page, i really do have to wonder if it's for something else other than the start of a new year.could be endless possibilities. so now the question arises.....how many people will be watching the countdown on t.v. while looking at the google page? hahaand a funnier question would be....how many nerds will replace watching the countdown on t.v. and just watching googlei had originally thought that maybe it has something to do with the chrome os....but i did some research and i don't really think it has anything do do with that. possibly the google phone?if this ends up to be just a countdown timer, i am going to be terribly disappointed....i mean....anyone can create a countdown timer. this would be below even google's standards.

Google , ya they do things in a mysterious way but the end result is they keep rocking , Recent addition their list was Google wave. When i saw that it was open source i was not able to get what is that it is that Google is trying to do, as mentioned whatever they just keep rocking. Can you ever imagine of any other Internet Giant which got a good grip over technology in a short span ?? I was using Yahoo ! mail and i still remember 5 years ago my friend had send me a Gmail Invitation. Those days we were not able to open a Gmail account unless you have a invite. That time i thought that it is a strategy which Google follows just to create a hype about Google mail by creating an artificial demand, so that once users get their own account with much difficulty they wont leave the service, its just something will be ringing in their mind that with what difficulty they had got their own Gmail account so why to leave it . But once i started using Gmail, Till that day to today i have never thought of any other mail provider . It was mysterious when Google released it like you need an invite to open an account, but atlast their service really Rocks , almost there is No Spam found in my inbox. So what ever Google does mysterically will Rock anyway, lets wait and see what is that it is when that count down ticks 0 .