xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xalor

Google Nexus One Phone

Has anyone heard about that new android in the wild? The newly christening Nexus One by/with Google has been announced all over twitter. I'm not sure whether Google announced it themselves yet, but I doubt they will announce anything yet since they haven't given it an official name yet. Its said that Nexus One is just a code name, but the colors do remind me of the windows logo. The direction as well. Strange that Microsoft and Google share the same colors in their logos, yet and are far different companies, but in recent years and even more now have finally gone head to head. Google Docs versus full-fledged Office and Office Web. Gmail versus Live Mail. The best one so far has been Bing! and Google Search. I believe that Google is still winning, but microsoft has parternered with so many companies that bing has become the default for verizon customers, and optimum but I believe they still work with ask. I'm not always certain on these things

But I digress.

The phone is the issue here. The thing about this android phone is that it runs the best specs on the market currently available. There is no phone that is better than this so far, well except the HTC HD2 but that runs Windows Mobile and in reality Windows Mobile is dead and in the grave, all the HD2 is give it a chance to win over the approval of these geek reviewer sites and inspire a new theme in HTC's own name, which Microsoft has not taken to their advantage.

The core of this machine is a monster, the same guts of the HTC HD2 but its running Android 2.1 instead. It has a smaller screen about the same size as the Iphone 3gs, and is actually thinner than the 3gs. It has a rubber back and feels like a non-cheap phone according to Gizmodo, more on that later.

The best part of the phone is the snapdragon processor running on the full 1 ghz, regular clocked instead of under clocked and capable of being overclocked past 1 ghz even.

I really can't believe that the droid has just been beat not even a month after the release. Its been destroyed pretty fast. I also think that is the other name for the Passion/Dragon/Bravo.

"Google just gave Motorola (and Verizon) a swift shot to the TSTS, because the Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid. The speed dominance was most evident when we compared the loading of webpages, but even when you're just scrolling around, launching apps and moving about the OS, you could tell that there's a beefier brain inside the N1. I don't know the specs for sure, but there's talk of a 1GHz processor being inside, which would push it quite a ways above the 550MHz Arm A8 in Motorola's newest toy."

-Gizmodo

The only problem is the lack of multitouch. I recently god an ipod touch and love that functionality, it brings a new aspect to all the games, and when playing two player games its impossble wihtout multitouch. I can zoom into fields play Tap Tap Revenge 3 or play field runners with a friend. However the Nexus one comes baked with hardware multitouch but google avoids lawsuits from apple buy keeping that out of its own apps, but other apps have the SDK for running their own multitouch apps, granted apple won't sue them.

"If Google's planning on releasing this phone as their official Google phone, it'll certify them as the premium Android phone brand out there right now. Even though it doesn't have a hardware keyboard, it basically beats the hell out of the Droid in every single task that we threw at it. And face it, some people didn't like the Droid's keyboard because it was too flush and the keys were too unseparated with each other. N1's onscreen keyboard felt fine, and the speedy processor made sure that each key was interpreted well." - Gizmodo

Here's the original look from Gizmodo http://gizmodo.com/5432678/google-nexus-one-hands-on

Notice from BuffaloHelp:
Place quotes in QUOTE tags please.

I believe that Google purposely leaked their information in order to make a scene and get more publicity. It's a marketing tactic that I learned in my College Marketing class in the Academy of Finance. I'm not so sure about your opinion. True, the Google Nexus One has a faster processor than the Motorola Droid. However, is there much more that's better? I believe that the Apple iPhone 3GS is better than the Droid in all aspects besides the camera and calling capabilities. I feel that the Apple iPhone 3GS will be better than the Google Nexus One as well, if you know how to use it. The Google Nexus One will beat the Apple iPhone 3GS in camera and processor speed, but what else? When you know how to exploit the capabilities of the Apple iPhone 3GS, it's basically the best thing out there. As for the Motorola Droid versus the Google Nexus One, I don't like the fact that the Motorola Droid comes with 16GB of storage while the Google Nexus One only has 4GB of storage. Also, I heard that the Google Nexus One will cost a heck of a lot more. Whatever it is, we'll find out next month.

"I believe that Google purposely leaked their information in order to make a scene and get more publicity. It's a marketing tactic that I learned in my College Marketing class in the Academy of Finance. I'm not so sure about your opinion. True, the Google Nexus One has a faster processor than the Motorola Droid. However, is there much more that's better?"

I don't doubt that for a second. These companies are always looking for free fodder for their businessy schemes dragging in people into their wretched conglomerates minute by minute, day by day, year by year. I see that Google is also a reputable business, but they usually don't hype stuff before its in Alpha or Beta versions, however their aquisitions hint at most of their topics, such as google wave and voice, grandcentral, not sure were wave came from though. Speed does make a difference, although the Droid does run a ARM processor by TI, those are some of the better ones, and are better suited for actual computers, so the snappiness might be on the core itself over the actual mhz/ghz speed, as in the structure of the cortex instead of the hertz frequency in the chips. However none of these phones so far have a system on a chip save for ACER Liquid, or HTC HD2, which is actually snapdragon, the others require seperate parts for the mobo or the phone equivalent.

Notice from BuffaloHelp:
Last time warning, QUOTE tags and other proper tags are REQUIRED for a quality post.

It looks awesome and not only that , beeing made by Google says alot. If i were rich I would buy products from them without checking the package. Everything they do is top-notch and this new "phone" is not an exception.I wonder if people will appreciate it more then it iPhone , they look alot like but the apps will make the diference between buying one or other.

Um Strikee, its not the apps that make the difference mostly because there's an equivalent for the android market, its more or less the age bracket thats planning to use the phone, and the overall OS design quality. App wise the Apple Store has lots of shmuck, lots of crappy, horribly made, and at the same time being horrible useless they take up space and Apple can say that they have one million apps or something outrageous number while the Android developers, while anxious to take up a new unexplored platform shyly develop their apps to work on the other platform and make their money in different ways. Overall the best apps, are the name brand apps like NPR, Facebook, Aim, Nimbuzz, Fring, Skype, stuff like that. Items that you use on a daily or weekly basis, those apps exist for android. Its the smaller apps like, Dragon Dictation or like millions of email clients, those don't exist though. Its the OS thats different. Like a computer, people don't like learning new things, and don't want to learn a new phone style. The iPhone has existed for almost 5 years now, or more I'm not sure actually, its been there since before 2004, I know that much since the last time I bought an iPod Touch and gave it as a gift to a cousin. Android offers multitasking, and it has some more robust features, like better push support, since you when you close an app, you don't end it, while iphone can only run one app at only one time.

Everyone is making such a hype about the Google G1 and now the Google Nexus! For god's sake, the freaking Google Androids suck, no offense. Apple's iPhone or the Palm Pre will win hands down.

This is turning into a deja-vu feeling that I am not particularly fond of. Ever since Apple launched the first iPhone I was waiting to see the response of the competition. No cell phone maker was able to deal with Apple?s blow and come up with a decent, fun to be around, iPhone competitor.

Apple, who didn?t make any phones until the iPhone, managed to climb atop of the smartphone business with one simple yet very complicated gadget. We?ve seen the BlackBerry Storm announced as the true iPhone competitor. Then came the Palm Pre which everyone was waiting for in the first half of the year. Then came the Motorola Droid, which is, in my opinion, the only gadget that can truly stand a chance in front of the iPhone. And then most people anticipated, including yours truly, that the Google Nexus One was finally going to be the phone that could affect the iPhone dominance.

Don?t get me wrong, the iPhone had and still has its flaws, only it still manages to make a better impression than everyone else?s phone!

In other words, I was wrong again! You will notice how I left handsets like the HTC HD2, the Nokia N97, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 or the Samsung Omnia and Omnia II out of this comparison. They are all great devices but they are simply not running a competitive enough OS.

The Nexus One still has 3G problems and support forums are filled with complaints about it. Furtermore it lacks multitouch in the U.S. and the Android Market simply can?t be compared to the App Store. Will Google fix everything? I would imagine so, but the Nexus One failed to make a good first impression as two major requirements in the modern smartphone business: 3G support and multitouch, have not been flawlessly delivered.

Maybe Google hurried to launch the phone at the beginning of the year. Maybe a later launch would have given us a better device. While Android is still a major threat for Apple, Cupertino can rest assured for now that it will still dominate the smartphone business with its iPhone. And in less than three weeks, iPhone OS 4.0 could be unveiled and Google will have even more things to deal with.

The moral of the story is not to buy the Nexus One yet unless you want to chat a lot with customer care reps. Better sit on that cash and wait for everything to be fixed. In the mean time other phones will come out as MWC is right around the corner.

Read: Apple iPhone vs Google Nexus One: iPhone Wins First Round [Or Why Shouldn?t You Buy a Nexus One Android Smartphone Now] ? TFTS ? Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

HTC/Google Nexus 1 VS Aplle IphoneGoogle Nexus One Phone

Having only had my Nexus 1 shy of a month I have to say the ease of use is incredibly simple, the screen is larger than the Iphone and remarkably clear, so much brighter and crisper detail than the Iphone not to mention quite a bit faster as well but put all that aside I would take any phone over the Iphone as Iphone is designated to be used only on the AT&T network and well, that speaks for itself. AT&T is the worst for customer care and tech support. AT&T does not disclose the fact that it restricts Banwidth but states "Unlimited" when it truely is not! It will take years for customer service to correct any billing issues as their service personal are on a sales commision and will be docked in their pay if they credit a mistake. They will say yesI'll go ahead and take care of it but in reality they won't becaue, as I stated, it will then reflect on their personal paycheck. It'll be like ground hog day for you the consumer, every month as you spend countless hours repeating yourself over and over to yet another customer care rep who says, I'm sorry, I don't see anything noted here but I'll go ahead and take care of that for you... And next month...  Stay away besides that AT&T is running on an antiquated network with numerous flaws, is over loaded and will soon come crashing down. Basically AT&T SUKS ! "FACT" HTC/Googles Nexus one is an awsome Phone as is the Iphone only u get to choose who your network is making it SoooooMuch better! 

-reply by Justin