xisto Community
iGuest

vista on my mac os x To Install Windows Xp In Pendrive Or Flash Drive

vista on my mac os xTo Install Windows Xp In Pendrive Or Flash Drive

Using Bootcamp, can I install Vista on a 16 g thumb drive rather than my hard drive?

-question by michael

Linekill you are wrong if you go on a torrent search website they have made the Windows Vista Smaller and made it able to go onto a Flash Drive. This is very possible.

Linekill you are wrong if you go on a torrent search website they have made the Windows Vista Smaller and made it able to go onto a Flash Drive. This is very possible.

Ohh. Let me research on that. Have you tried it? I will.. currently looking and will update in a week or so..

Unfortunately, it seems that Mac machines just can't boot from Flashdrives, I've tried it and it does not work. There is a program called rEFIt, but it does not work most of the time. So your best bet would still be booting from DVD.

What is more unfortunate is that, Windows Vista is very unstable on USB drives and DVDs, so you're better off using Windows 7. Windows 7, if downloaded from Microsoft, contains an installer that can install to a USB or DVD. However, you need Windows to do this (again).

Refer to the detailed guide here: Boot in Win7 USB

Tip: Use a DVD-RW if disc media is preferred; it saves you the time and money from buying many DVD-Rs.

Good luck!