xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

How Can I Develop A Calendar System Website? For sports people?

Hello people,If you know me very well, you will know that rowing is my favourite sport ever. It is more than a passion. It is life to me. And I am very sad to have quit it this year. However, I would like to make up for it by developing a calendar system so that my fellow rowers can log what they did for the day and keep up with their progress. :P It would be like a dream come true.I would like to know if it is possible for someone at my level to create a website that is only a calendar program... I had a website that I found before, but I seemed to have lost it, but hopefully you all understand what I am talking about. It just looks like a calendar when you log in, and you can set your schedule there, and do everything like that, including the percentage of how much effort you have put into it and all that.I will keep you updated once I find the website again, if I ever do. :PHaha, anyway, thanks(By the way, I am NOT ditching my blog. :D No... it's just that I want to work on something else as well. :D Keep checking my blog and you will see that I have been regularly posting content!!)

Hi Nameless - I have another intention for replying to this topic but let me at least try to stick to the subject a little. I looked up a few sites about calenders and think this one might help you. Take a look around and see if something in that list is useful for you :P

Now about my real intention - it's nothing huge, but it's something I've been forgetting to tell you about - correct me if I'm wrong, but it's just that the "Questions & Queries" is a forum where you're supposed to ask questions about Xisto, isn't it? :D Your questions would look much better if they were placed in the appropriate forums. For example, all your questions about Drupal could have been in "Software" because Drupal is just that. And this calender one could have been in one of the Internet subforums....Not that I have any problem with them being here, but I just feel it'll look better if they were placed in those places :P

I'm not sure what kind of data/information you would want to track using your calendar. But Google Calendar or Yahoo Calendar can be must efficient ways to publicly display your agenda or schedule.And both calendars will be web site embeddable. You can easily paste the code to your website which will show your calendar on any web page.Furthermore, if you would want other people to share your calendar and update information, simply give them (by using their email addresses) access permission to different levels and they can update the schedule, edit or delete information etc.I have introduced Google Calendar to many schools in my town and they are loving it! Especially the map part--since google and gmail are maps integrated, simply place the full address in "where" location and instantly google map is also part of your calendar.

Thanks for the replies...

At The Simpleton: I am very sorry, I always thought that the Questions and Queries Forum was for people that had, well, questions or queries for anything, not only Xisto... I'm and very sorry for the misunderstanding. No wonder my threads were sometimes moved to the Email forum when I had my threads for help on MX entries. I will keep that in mind from now on and I will post my threads in the correct forums. Thank you for telling me though.

At BuffaloHelp: No, what I meant was that I don't want to share my schedule out. I want to have make a community type of thing that lets people have their own calendars with specific functions. For example, you can add an event like "competition" or "land training" and "water training". I have found the site that I was looking for. Check out this site. If you join in, you will understand what I mean. :P Or you can Pm me for the password and username for the user that I have used to test out the site. This is a calendar system that allows users to put in what they did for the day (for sports), and I would like to create something like that.

Now why wouldn't I just use the site? Because this will be a more private community for my small group of rowers. :P

Thanks, nameless_

You could try downloading a copy of Simfatic Forms.

The website can be found here.

Simfatic Forms is a program for designing website forms, but it does much more than just help you design plain forms, as it has some great features:

It generates all the relevant code for you and is a doddle to upload your whole form.

It has full MySQL database support.

It has mathematic functions to integrate calculations into your forms.

(Especially what you are looking for) It has full and flexible calendar controls.

You do not need to know any programming.

Forms can be integrated into an already existing website, and adjust the look and size of them for that purpose.

Excellent and quick support by the author of the program himself.

Well worth a look, I think.

I have been using Simfatic Forms for a long time, and have made some worthwhile applications with it.

Check it out, and maybe post back here to give me some of your impressions.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I think there is API for google calandar. They even have such API to access it for google apps application. So that will be much better. Most of CMS like wordpress, joomla. I think by using some forms we can use custom calendar or can use the built in calendar feature from CMS to extend it. Very old thread by the way, not sure if he got it resolved at all.

It would certainly be interesting to know whether the original poster got something out of the suggestions that were made.Always good to leave feedback after you have gone through the posts in your topics, so that other users would know whether or not you got it sorted.If you did, then it is nice for other users to find out how exactly you did it, and if not, other forum users can always try to come up with further solutions and/or find ways to help you further towards a solution to your problem.

I agree. But i guess he made that thread in hurry and solved this problem over chat so that's why he didn't updated thread. There was good chatroom in past and now it is completely graveyard with full of silence. I think he has seen this thread but don't want to update it anymore. Just a thought.