xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Facebook Apps Facebook Vs friends

Okay I have calmed down enough to be able to vent this out without blowing my top. Last night I was told by a few friends of mind on facebook that the Apps there are all viruses and all but ordered not to use them. That if I did that there so called friends would delete my name. I do not want them to do that, and I do not want to stop using what my 3 A/V programs are telling me are safe and clean. AVG Avast and Spybot SD. I like playing some of these games as a way to relax and to unwind from a crazy day yet they tell me they are nothing but trouble for me and my computer. I made another name just for these games so I could keep playing, yet they are still complaining of these apps. I did not even add them onto my friends list on the new name. It really pisses me off that these people I call my friends are saying this. It makes me feel as well a 10yr not someone that is almost 50. I am smart enough to know if I get something saying "This app could be a problem for your PC" not to install it or even run it. Also I have never heard of a problem with the Apps from Facebook being a problem for there users. and I would think if they was a problem FB would never allow them in the 1st place.

I agree with you Echo, I have downloaded a few facebook apps and have found them out to be Virus's or Adware. I have made constant complaints to facebook and that they need to check over the apps fully before making them public. They have still not replied.

Biggest issue with facebook is with new URL system they made profile's view public for non-logged in users as well. Apps are very bad when it comes to reminders and settings, many games and apps bug you to perform some action. Some reminders system are such trouble that they never get away from your profile page. Also friend suggestion and activity should be allowed to hide, else that is hurting privacy as well. What if i don't want updates to be given to all my friends. Like this there are lots of issues with facebook.Oh and mafia wars, played it and had fun but now more and more people in gang and getting notification from them and updates is turning me off now. Why they don't just let us stop with it. I removed that game now.

Nah, don't like Face book at all. Its a huge ado about nothing as far as i'm concerned. Plus you get many jerks on FB who are supposed to be your friends. I'm not criticizing anyone here for using it, but to me i couldn't get much out of it, bit of a shallow experience (mostly played mafia wars). I guess thats where email and chat clients come in handy for me. :P

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Biggest issue with facebook is with new URL system they made profile's view public for non-logged in users as well. Apps are very bad when it comes to reminders and settings, many games and apps bug you to perform some action. Some reminders system are such trouble that they never get away from your profile page. Also friend suggestion and activity should be allowed to hide, else that is hurting privacy as well. What if i don't want updates to be given to all my friends. Like this there are lots of issues with facebook.
Oh and mafia wars, played it and had fun but now more and more people in gang and getting notification from them and updates is turning me off now. Why they don't just let us stop with it. I removed that game now.

well you can go into your setting and have the friends you dont want to see the posts, a pain but you can do that, also the other user can have his settings to only show the post or posts he or she wants to see.