xisto Community
FouGilang

Report: Softaculous Error got these one :o

The following error occured:

The software requires a higher version of Softaculous! Please report this to the Server Admin.

i was looking around the softaculous (why am i feel it is soooooo hard to spell it right?) after installing my joomla and smf when i found this error

oh, and i'm just looking at the web software overview, if you ask me. :P

the softwares are (categorized) :

BLOGS

Serendipity

Open Blog

WordPress

WordPress MU

eggBlog

Pixie

CMS

Website Baker

sNews

Pligg

MODx

FORUMS

UseBB

Coppermine

Pixelpost

phpAlbum

Shutter

WIKI

MediaWiki

GAMING

all

POLLS

Aardvark Topsites

Advanced Poll

PROJECT

All except ProjectPier

COMMERCE

Magento

phpShop

WHMCS

GUEST BOOKS

all except Advanced Guestbook

and all software on Customer Support and below

----end of my report----

Strange error there. I've not experienced that yet? I think OpaQue knows about it, perhaps he doesn't. He's get it fixed anyway I am sure of it. :P

yeah, i already have wild guess that it happened only to me (and not that i'm really going to install all of them), but i thought i have to post the errors here :P

fantastico supports joomla with no errors. install joomla through fantastico

i wonder why it is requiring a higher version. maybe the database or the php is in a lower version in those programs

i was looking around the softaculous (why am i feel it is soooooo hard to spell it right?) after installing my joomla and smf when i found this error

oh, and i'm just looking at the web software overview, if you ask me. :P

the softwares are (categorized) :

----end of my report----

Softaculous just recently announced a new version and this may not be a warning as such, but an indicator. Did your installation go well? or were you just browsing through?

Softaculous have recently switched from being a free provider, so the software with all scripts is no more free. Hence the system is asking us to upgrade to the premium version. This will cost us $24/Year per server. We are already paying for Fantastico and hence we request users to use Fantastico to install your favorite scripts.Considering the experience of the users here who have already used Softaculous, we will decide our Instant Script Installer for all our servers. Until then, Please use Fantastico.

I was going to report the same like thread starter. Fantastico is not updating with wordpress version and 2.5.1 installation is security risk unless people update it immediately. So if version 3 launches this february then the old plugins will not be available for it. And so the wordpress in fantastico will become way too old to install and will be hard to upgrade. Earlier i use to install wordpress from fantastico and then use plugin" wordpress automatic update". But i doubt that soon this plugin will support 2.5.1 or not.So that's why i wanted to report for atleast upgrade the version of wordpress(and similar such CMS/apps) that comes on fantastico.

Softaculous have recently switched from being a free provider, so the software with all scripts is no more free. Hence the system is asking us to upgrade to the premium version. This will cost us $24/Year per server. We are already paying for Fantastico and hence we request users to use Fantastico to install your favorite scripts.
Considering the experience of the users here who have already used Softaculous, we will decide our Instant Script Installer for all our servers. Until then, Please use Fantastico.

thank you for answering, i've seen fantastico, but it said the joomla there was still 1.5.2 while softaculous have 1.5.10, so i've installed joomla with softaculous first. :P

well, let's use fantastico! :P