xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Still People Have Superstitious Belief In Astrology.

Dear friends I want to present an incident which occurred in an interior village over here. Actually the family was having very high belief in astrology. And they normally followed the predictions and sayings of an astrologer. This family was having blind faith in the sayings by this astrologer. One day in this family a baby girl was born and all the members were very happy at this occasion. After some days the astrologer visited the family and tried to make the new born babies astrological details. And at last came to his conclusion that the baby was not fortunate enough for the family and the baby was born in a wrong time which is adversely affecting the families fortune. And he added that very soon the family members will start dieing due to this. After predicting this he went from there. With in one of month of time a member of the family was dead who was about 96 years old. This incident certified the saying of the astrologer in one way for the family. And the whole family started worrying about their future. At last the foolish and superstitious members of the family took a horrible decision to save their family and that was to kill the baby. And they did it. This act of the family members was not informed by them to the parents of the baby. They were in the belief that due to some poisonous bite it died. After some days two of the members of the family was discussing about this incident and the mother of the baby heard it. She was not able to bear it and became abnormal. After that the police interfered into the whole matter and the members of the family who were responsible for the death of the baby were poisoned and the mother of the baby is still under psychological treatment. Can you believe dear friends still in some area people are so superstitious regarding their belief that they can extend their deed to any limit to fulfill their superstitious belief. ?

That is a pretty extreme thing to happen.I personally have some belief in the supernatural, i wont go into details as such but i do believe that various methods can "predict" the future. I dont know how it works but i see it that Tarot cards can predict the future as it stands. For example if they say I am going to die in one week and i am going on holiday by plane next week then i would believe that if i get on the plane i will die. However if i decide not to fly then i can change the future and live.But i could not kill based on that belief.

:P. My Birthdate is 22nd March, and i'm Aries as per Zodiac. And as per Hindu astrology i'm scorpion. Both these systems are pointing to different behavior. When i checked my prediction on Astro.com to test it, they said i'll not have any education this year. Same case with hindu astrology sites and with meeting with astrologers, and guess what i'm learning Japanese (Diploma in my university,6 months completed). Also completed 2 certifications in company where i work. Thanks for such coolest prediction,i believe in astrology now :P Any tarot card reader or numerology person wants to predict something for me ? Try it, i will disappoint you anyway. :DAnd as far as those supernatural stuff is concerned, no way i'm gonna buy that.

:P. My Birthdate is 22nd March, and i'm Aries as per Zodiac. And as per Hindu astrology i'm scorpion. Both these systems are pointing to different behavior. When i checked my prediction on Astro.com to test it, they said i'll not have any education this year. Same case with hindu astrology sites and with meeting with astrologers, and guess what i'm learning Japanese (Diploma in my university,6 months completed). Also completed 2 certifications in company where i work. Thanks for such coolest prediction,i believe in astrology now :P
Any tarot card reader or numerology person wants to predict something for me ? Try it, i will disappoint you anyway. :D

And as far as those supernatural stuff is concerned, no way i'm gonna buy that.

Haha, im actually a very scientific person but as a young kid i think younger than 5 (i obviously cant remember, i was too young!) i described a dead relative who died at the same age i was at the time but years and years ago, long before i was born or even thought of. He was my "imaginary" friend and when my mum was talking about it to someone (i dont know who, i presume her aunt or older relative or something) they recognised the description, and more importantly the name, as the boy who died as a toddler. Ive thought of alternate explanations, perhaps coincidence, a HUGE coincidence but it's not impossible really. From a set selection of hair/eye colours hair styles, ages and names any combination can be drawn and there is a minute chance that combination will match someone in the family who died. There is also the possibility that i saw a photo of this guy, but again, very unlikely as my mum didnt know who it was so there obviously wasnt a photo in my house or a house i frequently visited.

I could of overheard a conversation about him, but again my mum would also have heard the conversation.

There is much to life that we dont understand or sense. Science in time has proven phenomenon to be scientific, ball lightning for example was considered to be the devil or god, now we consider it an electrical system. The sun was considered by ancients to be their god in a chariot racing across the sky. Now we know it is a ball of plasma and gasses.

In time perhaps science will prove and describe the process of spirits and ghosts and magic(k). Keep an eye on the universe and an open mind and you'll see many things you cant understand. But that doesnt mean you cant control and affect them. Remember that *everything* in the universe has an equal opposite. Perhaps the solid body does too.

Remember that *everything* in the universe has an equal opposite. Perhaps the solid body does too.

You made me think on this. You mean multiuniverse theories ? I doubt if this is possible. One such theory was used in some animes like Full metal alchemist. Why i doubt these is if multiuniverse theories are true then there is multiples in even numbers, any odd number defy the logic of "everything has an equal opposite". Still until and unless we get some strong proof for multiuniverse there is not point in predicting the even or odd and hence the theory of everything having opposite.

Well i didnt mean the multiverse theory, however It's an interesting point. I Was thinking of matter/anti matter, electrons/protons etc... For every particle created there was an opposite. Some branches of science will tell you this isnt so, that there is much more matter than anti matter. But i remain to be convinced on that.But everything has an opposite. We have yet to find white holes however that leads on nicely to the multiple universe theory in which a white hole is a new "big bang" in another universe. I dont understand the multiverse theory but i do think it is quite likely. I mentioned on here before how modern science will teach kids that electrons orbit their atomic nucleus but this isnt so.The electrons dont orbit at all they appear, then dissappear then appear somewhere else. In the case of Hydrogen (or is it helium... with one electron, i think its Hydrogen henceforth known as "H") which has just one electron you could freeze it in time and see 5 electrons, a billion. One or none. The electron can be in an infinite number of places at once or no places at one. It simply pops in and out of existence whenever it wants. This to me suggests it is either flittering between universes or that it is independent of time and is time travelling into the past, present and future or that time has absolutely no effect on it hence it can appear in many places at once. It's weird, and science cant explain it. Is it magic? YES because we cant explain it. The term magic really refers to some phenomenon with unknown origins. when science explains it then it is given a name and passed on as science. Fire for example, would have been magic when it was first seen and used. How can a stick give off light heat, change red meat to brown and make water bubble? Science the explained it and we no longer think of it as magic.

I have finished reading this paper, nothing much in it but it is just another view for multiuniverse. There are two more papers on arxiv.org for multiuniverse which are short read and are informative. The point where i'm stuck is how we can be sure of anything that we found is indeed multi universe and not part of our universe. interesting isn't it ? Anyway, we are diverting from astrology topic. :P

There is belief in the supernatural, which in some cases is understandable even if I don't share your belief, but a belief in Astrology is just downright stupid, I'm not even going to waste my breathe arguing the point, It is just the biggest load of rubbish ever invented, if you truly believe that planets affect you and secondly that must mean that the prediction made by the teller must match with everyone of your starsign, and you believe that you will get find solace in something that happens to you today because you phoned up a no. charging 50p a minute then you are so gullible, so lacking in common sense that you might as well just blow your money on chocolate before you end up giving your bank details to some Nigerian scam artist who's father died and is offering to pay ?5,000,000 into your bank account. If you think I'm joking, I'm not; I count people who believe in astrology at the same level of idiocy as people who get fooled by an email. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Words to live by.

please excuse the fact I have used too many comma's and not enough periods, I do that sometimes, don't ask why!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

With in one of month of time a member of the family was dead who was about 96 years old.

At that age i would have concluded it was their time to go regardless of any child's existence.

The electrons dont orbit at all they appear, then dissappear then appear somewhere else. In the case of Hydrogen (or is it helium... with one electron, i think its Hydrogen henceforth known as "H") which has just one electron you could freeze it in time and see 5 electrons, a billion. One or none. The electron can be in an infinite number of places at once or no places at one. It simply pops in and out of existence whenever it wants. This to me suggests it is either flittering between universes or that it is independent of time and is time travelling into the past, present and future or that time has absolutely no effect on it hence it can appear in many places at once.
It's weird, and science cant explain it.

This "disappearing and reappearing" act could probably be blamed on the technology used to detect and monitor these things—though i've never done any research in this area.

Fire for example, would have been magic when it was first seen and used. How can a stick give off light heat, change red meat to brown and make water bubble? Science the explained it and we no longer think of it as magic.

For such an example to work, the reader would have to assume "cave men" as we understand them (likewise assuming they exist), and not people within the past thousands of years.

if you truly believe that planets affect you [...] then you are so gullible

From a physicalist's or materialist's point-of-view, it could be argued that outside, physical forces do motivate and control things to a significant extent. This uses the line of reasoning that there is a physical process behind every physical process, where you start at all thoughts are merely chemical processes and you work your way out to the planets and stars. Of course, you'll run into an infinite regression; however, with some social engineering and some advertising techniques, you can have your followers pay attention only to possibilities and gain; keep their mind occupied on what you had (have) them believe is "most important," therefore avoiding (for the most part) critical thinking in your clients. Using "facts from science" in your advertising may provide more customers.

Well of course outside forces affect you, thats a given, both metaphorically and physically. Planets give off gravity which to a varying degree I suppose you are feeling if the moons is strong enough to move the current. What it isn't true to say is that any of these forces have the power to influence whether or not you'll have a good week or not. They just don't. The only way these horoscopes etc work is by believing something will happen to you, people subconsiously make it happen or will add meaning to an event which slightly is decribed by the horoscope attributing it to the planets. In truth the horoscope is bound to say something that you can see meaning in because it has to be so broad as to allow everyone to gain meaning from it. It's safe and I am certain to say that the planets alignment don't affect our day to day lives unless we make them affect our lives by believing in astrology and almost making it right semi-intentionally.