xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ho-oh'sRealm

How Has Technology Affected Us?

How has technology such as cars, computers, the internet, gaming consoles etc. affected our lives?I personally think that it's affected many people's lives in such a way that most wouldn't be able to live without it. Everyday, we see technology all around us - cars, computers, laptops, TVs, gaming consoles, USBs, bikes, transport, all that sort of thing. Everywhere.Without it, we'd still be in the Stone Age, use flint, making naked fires, hunting animals, all of that. Simple, but fairly unintelligent in the sort of living-wise area.We'd only be living with the trees, the land, the sky and the other things in existence around us for entertainment - no intense video games, no internet, no mobile phones to chat with friends, no forums, nothing interesting.We'd be affected greatly. And is this good or not? I'd say technology has helped us through our lives a lot, not to mention it being a huge part of our lives as well. If we didn't have technology...we'd be fairly ignorant of the world around us, of global warming, which probably wouldn't be a problem, and we'd have severe disorder.What about you? How do you think technology has affected us, and is it good or not?EDIT: Can a moderator or administrator please move this to "Debates"?

Edited by Ho-oh'sRealm (see edit history)

Here are some of my observations :1) We get more away from our people and people near our house, as we spend more time online.2) We are expressing thoughts via email now a days, earlier we used to write mail and greeting cards for our people, this personal touch in it makes relation bit less exciting.3) We are becoming lazy because of it, we are not putting much effort in doing things.4) Some things replaced human work for example digging or some paper work is now automated. I can just list things and go on about it. But there are many ways with which technology helped us as well. It's all matter of how we use it and choose it.

technology is making people lazy. it's all around us. it is also limiting us in what we see in true nature. i personally LOVE technology because i love to be lazy. i HATE technology because it makes it that much harder to enjoy the simpler things in life that are most important because it's so easy to be distracted from it....technology is creating robots in all of us. a habit or a fuction that shouldn't be there to be blind to nature and everything that surounds us. the birds singing in the morning. the trees waving in the wind. the crickets that you will never see but hear.technology takes away from nature. what people don't think about when living with all this technology that surrounds us is....what would we do without the flowers and the trees and the birds...etc...etc....etc....you will be a robot.....and that is what the technology wants you to be so they can make a dollar off you

technology is making people lazy. it's all around us. it is also limiting us in what we see in true nature. i personally LOVE technology because i love to be lazy. i HATE technology because it makes it that much harder to enjoy the simpler things in life that are most important because it's so easy to be distracted from it....
technology is creating robots in all of us. a habit or a fuction that shouldn't be there to be blind to nature and everything that surounds us. the birds singing in the morning. the trees waving in the wind. the crickets that you will never see but hear.

technology takes away from nature. what people don't think about when living with all this technology that surrounds us is....what would we do without the flowers and the trees and the birds...etc...etc....etc....you will be a robot.....and that is what the technology wants you to be so they can make a dollar off you

Yes, I agree with you. Technology has made humanity lazy. A lot of our population now sit at their desks, and sit there staring at their computer screen etc.

Not a lot of people go out now to exercise, or go outside to play. And even now, because we've grown lazy (sitting in front of the TV all day etc.), a lot of our population have many more diseases, and many are becoming obese.

Which is another good question, would we have all of our current diseases and ailments if technology hadn't been developed?

Technology may be convenient, and it may help us in some parts of life, but in others, it does not good. For example, cars let us go to places that we may have never went before if we didn't have cars, and planes just let us go to places that might have never been in our imaginations. The washing machine makes things more convenient, and cranes and building technology just gives us a good place to sleep and hide from predators. We also have light to keep the dark out.These are the good things. The bad things like technology like iphones and ipods, games and stuff like that. That is where we waste out time in virtual worlds and sticking out heads in clouds of imagination. Now THAT is what I called the bad side of technology. Not to mention people getting fatter and more obese. :P

is technology making us lazy ?How Has Technology Affected Us?Is technology making us lazy? It's a common question asked frequently by all types of people, from doctors, to government agents, and of course, concerned parents. This question is in a way, totally subjective, and depends heavily on one's definition of "lazy", which for me, when used to describe a person, simply means that the person rather do something easy, but relaxing, than something possibly difficult, but rewarding. Technology can help us in both. For example, a lazy person can stream videos of stand-up comedians all day long on YouTube, while a productive person can research a topic interesting to him/her.That being said, I think that most people are not "lazy", especially most of the time. We all have periods of time that we become lazy, which is perfectly normal and healthy, but most of us realize that being productive is ultimately more rewarding than just lounging around. Ultimately, it does depend on the person, because no matter how you look at it, technology opens a door which leads to a forked path. One with various commodities that are "just for fun", and the other which is nothing but productive. Every time we boot up a computer, turn on our cell-phones, take out our mp3 players, turn on the television, or plug in practically any other appliance, we choose the road which we want to go down. Technology itself, is perfectly neutral, it has no preference as to what we do with it, this holds true no matter if we are speaking of the scientific definition of Technology, or the more mainstream definition.In conclusion, technology doesn't make humans lazy, it makes things easier to do, serving it's original purpose. How we use the technology is totally up to us, and so it simply isn't fair to blame technology for people becoming lazy, that is almost always a personal choice. I believe that blaming technology for laziness is akin to blaming a pen for miss-spelled words. Ultimately, it's the people who decide how to utilize technology, technology does not decide for people how they should use it.-reply by deepika